[Script] Factory Complex Constructor [4.02]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

8igdave

Post by 8igdave » Thu, 28. Jul 11, 22:10

Is the above fix for unlimited range of the complex hub compatible with FCC?

Turiko

Post by Turiko » Fri, 29. Jul 11, 14:03

It works for me, though it's not really unlimited - you just decide your own range.

8igdave

Post by 8igdave » Fri, 29. Jul 11, 17:50

Cheers, ok so I didn't really understand "You just to need to get your latest globals.txt in the .cat/.dat files." as I couldn't find any globals.txt via searching but found plenty of things with globalscript in the name if that counts. Also didn't get the "10.cat/.dat" bit so i took the second option you said but just want to make sure I'm correct.

Using notepad I copyed the above green script but changed 20000 to 300000 and saved it as "Globals.txt" in the X3TC "types" folder and that should do the trick right?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 29. Jul 11, 17:56

8igdave wrote: as I couldn't find any globals.txt via searching but found plenty of things with globalscript in the name if that counts.
The latest globals.txt is in the 10.cat/dat in your X3:TC main folder. cat/dat files are catalog files, where most of the game data is stored. They can be opened with the modding tools by doubleshadow.
8igdave wrote:...and that should do the trick right?
Right.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

sambozauk
x3tc

Post by sambozauk » Wed, 10. Aug 11, 23:57

Fantastic idea, but it does not work mate. I have installed it correctly, but does not show up on the scripts at all when I go into the game.

A bit annoying as this sounded like a really good script to get stations right. I will add, the station packer script someone else made also does not work.

Maybe you should add a script where we can at least blow our own complexes up to get rid of them when we have no need for them?, that to me would be a far better solution than spending 2 hours trying to work out why yours and the station packer scripts just refuse to operate.

PS, how the hell do you remove all wares from station as well, again spent to long trying to do insignificant things in X3 tc for my liking, to the point where its quite frankly pissing me of.

Thanks

Sambozauk

_Axel
x3tc

Position of the complex nodes of stations.

Post by _Axel » Fri, 2. Sep 11, 23:00

Hi, I recently downloaded FCC and I'm trying to use it in order to make good looking complexes. However, in order to keep them all clean I need the exact position of the nodes from the center of the stations. There was a link in the FCC manual that led to a german website referencing all of them. However, the owner has sold the domain of this site, and I don't know where to find those values. :oops:

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 3. Sep 11, 11:04

Nodes with vanilla Guides/tools.

{Merged, [url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216696][b]T[/b][b]C[/b] [b]S[/b]&M Posting [b]R[/b]ules[/url] Rule #1}.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 3. Sep 11, 11:21

_Axel wrote:There was a link in the FCC manual that led to a german website referencing all of them.
Assuming you mean the "Komplexbauguide" by the Komplexbaugilde it's still available here.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

_Axel
x3tc

Post by _Axel » Sat, 3. Sep 11, 14:41

Thank you very much for the link :D
(Sorry for posting it in the wrong section)

Hellblazer
x3ap

Post by Hellblazer » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 08:23

is there an English translation to that site? :P

Tritous
x3tc

Post by Tritous » Tue, 18. Oct 11, 19:22

Ah, good so it does exist for TC too. I'll be adding this right away, I had to make my own temporary script in the meantime and it just wasn't the same manually inputting coordinates compared to carefully moving it around realtime.

Now I can get back to my real plan....Overloading the game economy with my 350+ fab hypercomplexes!
Give a man a fire, he'll stay warm for a day
Set a man on fire, he'll stay warm for the rest of his life ;)

mrowka
x4

Post by mrowka » Fri, 18. Nov 11, 21:22

Very good mod now atleast i wont kill myself flying thrugh my home sector :D
Anyways i did go thrugh whole manula and play abit with mod itself and im wondering is ther a passibility to somehow remove tubes from my old not-player friendly complex so i get a single stations again ?

Edit: Ok no question just found up that you can selfdestruct tubes :D

zymurg
x3tc

Post by zymurg » Sat, 19. Nov 11, 16:37

I have bee using FCC for a long time and it really works good and I like it (v 4.01)
I just recently installed Litcube's mod for Saturn Complex which does not work for me. Litcube says it may possibly be a conflict with another script. Since FCC is the only other script, has anyone else tried it along with the Saturn Complex script and experience problems, and also, how do I uninstall the FCC script? There are many files with FCC and if done manually I will probably not uninstall it correctly.
You can read details about my 'script conflict'(?) in the most recent postings under Litcubs's thread for the Saturn Complex Hub script forum.
(here: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... &start=165)

Thanks in advance

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sat, 19. Nov 11, 17:38

zymurg wrote:... and also, how do I uninstall the FCC script? There are many files with FCC and if done manually I will probably not uninstall it correctly.
Read the manual, which is linked as a separate pdf-Download in the first post, for uninstall information.

For your problem, I don't use Saturns Complex Hub but I can't see a reason, why FCC should conflict the hub if you didn't build it via FCC. If you build it with FCC you can try to build a new one without using FCC but the regular commands.

Bobisback

Post by Bobisback » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 21:21

hey thanks for this great script

was just wondering is there a way to change the constant safety distance FCC uses? when placing my stations that distance is quite far.

dargj2
x3tc

Post by dargj2 » Mon, 26. Dec 11, 16:33

This script would be great in AP, the the default station building corp in the bonus pack is rather.... limited.

Could anyone patch this for AP?

edwardecl
x3tc

Post by edwardecl » Fri, 6. Jan 12, 18:43

This seems to work in AP, but for some strange reason some of the hotkeys are missing?

Anyone got any idea how to fix this?

kardz
x3ap

Post by kardz » Sat, 21. Jan 12, 23:09

Why did the OP remove his first post?

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sat, 21. Jan 12, 23:48

He didn't, it's there .... check your browser settings or try another one.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 21. Jan 12, 23:48

X2-Illuminatus wrote:If you haven't tried it, please activate the "show all images: images in posts"-option in your profile. I just noticed that when I deactivate this option the OP is blank for me, as well.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”