[SCRIPT] NPC Bailing Addon v1.7.8 [2010-09-21]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Post Reply
Barleyman
Posts: 127
Joined: Sun, 16. Apr 06, 00:52
x3

Post by Barleyman » Thu, 28. Nov 13, 03:27

I spent some time scanning ships and annoying people. It looks like bravado is usually 60-something. So armed with that knowledge we can deduce..

With default settings (5 and 6) fighter pilots with 62 bravado will bail 29% of the time and if they do, they'll do it when their hull is at 37%

If we lower that to 3 and 3 it's 12,7% for both.

So perhaps 2 and 3 (6% bail rate) would be reasonable. However it'd be very hard to make someome bail by yourself then.

It'd be nice if this differentiated between "I'm under attack by player" situation where normal rules would apply and NPC-NPC engagements would get the rates defined here.

I'm not sure if this script runs in addition to the normal bail mechanism so you'd still get normal bails by yourself.

Barleyman
Posts: 127
Joined: Sun, 16. Apr 06, 00:52
x3

Post by Barleyman » Sun, 1. Dec 13, 01:30

Answering myself.. Yes, it seems the player-initiated bailing works just fine even if you adjust NPC-NPC bail to a rare probability. So far so good then.

User avatar
VaporSnake
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun, 11. Aug 13, 06:33
x3tc

Post by VaporSnake » Sun, 1. Dec 13, 04:02

Barleyman wrote:So perhaps 2 and 3 (6% bail rate) would be reasonable. However it'd be very hard to make someome bail by yourself then.
When you say 2 and 3, is 2 supposed to be the bail hull factor or the bail rate?

Barleyman
Posts: 127
Joined: Sun, 16. Apr 06, 00:52
x3

Post by Barleyman » Sun, 1. Dec 13, 06:18

VaporSnake wrote:
Barleyman wrote:So perhaps 2 and 3 (6% bail rate) would be reasonable. However it'd be very hard to make someome bail by yourself then.
When you say 2 and 3, is 2 supposed to be the bail hull factor or the bail rate?
2 bail rate (6% bail rate) and 3 hull factor (12,5% hull left at bail). That's maybe a bit too little, I've been using 3 and 5 now, I don't really see excessive bailing even so. I've set kha'ak and xenon to 20% factor so you should get a bail from them occasionally but it's not common.

I think the changed values do not kick in until you restart X3. I wrote simple (libreoffice) sheet to calculate the odds, grab it if you like.

Most people seem to have bravado in 60s, teladi are cowards and they are in 40s. For 60 bravado the bail rate with 3 and 5 would be 13% chance and jump at 29% hull.

akruppa
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri, 25. Oct 13, 13:57
x3ap

Post by akruppa » Thu, 12. Dec 13, 00:13

This is only partially on-topic, but this thread is probably one of the best places to look for an answer.

What are the game mechanics in vanilla X3AP for bailing, anyway? Which factors affect the probability of an AI pilot bailing? His morale, aggressiveness, hull damage, equipment damage? Weapons, shield and hull on player ship, maybe? Anyone know the actual algorithm used to decide bailing? I'd like to know what I can do to optimise my chance of capping my trophy ships before I resort to installing scripts to let me set the probability to whatever I want (which for me would kinda take the fun out of it).

pr0nflakes
Posts: 723
Joined: Mon, 25. Aug 08, 03:11
x4

Post by pr0nflakes » Sun, 22. Dec 13, 17:48

I've been running NPCBailingAddon-V1.7.8-21.09.2010 with default values since i started my current XRM game.

Unfortunately it appears that a mod may be causing a memory leak and i am unable to continue playing.

Could this script be the culprit?
Has anyone else had any problems with CTD's when using this script?

I am quite late game (9 days in game time) and the error i get with the CTD is program has run out of memory check manual.

Only other mods im using are:
mars-tc-ap_v5.26_RepackedForPluginManager_for.major.mods
XRM
XRM cockpits
XRM hull rebalance mid.
AMD Ryzen 2700X
Gigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming
Powercolor RX56 Vega Red Dragon 8GB
16GB Corsair Vengance DDR4 @3200MHZ
Windows 10 X64
https://www.3dmark.com/spy/5058817

User avatar
Yacek
Posts: 3157
Joined: Wed, 18. Jul 07, 11:44
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Sun, 22. Dec 13, 18:55

pr0nflakes wrote:Could this script be the culprit?
Has anyone else had any problems with CTD's when using this script?
I use this for five years. In different games (with different mods) including also in the game with XRM. I've never had problems caused by this script.
X3:AP 3.1+XRM 1.30d+MSP 1.7+LoCo 2.01+IR 2.0
Zapraszamy wszystkich chętnych na forum XUDB, gdzie znajdziesz FAQ, opisy skryptów, modów i fabuł, oraz Mamut HQ.
Image

pr0nflakes
Posts: 723
Joined: Mon, 25. Aug 08, 03:11
x4

Post by pr0nflakes » Sun, 22. Dec 13, 19:15

Okay thanks that would seem to rule this out then.
AMD Ryzen 2700X
Gigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming
Powercolor RX56 Vega Red Dragon 8GB
16GB Corsair Vengance DDR4 @3200MHZ
Windows 10 X64
https://www.3dmark.com/spy/5058817

User avatar
DrBullwinkle
Posts: 5704
Joined: Sat, 17. Dec 11, 02:44
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 22. Dec 13, 19:20

CTD's are most commonly caused by sound problems or things that you have *un*installed.
  • (I did report a CTD caused by RSM a while back. It is hard to reproduce because RSM is, well, pseuodo-random.)

Joebloweres
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat, 4. Jan 14, 01:22

Post by Joebloweres » Sat, 4. Jan 14, 01:24

I am a little confused... No matter what I change the settings to it doesnt seem to make a difference all trade ships seem to bail at 90-99% hull... (every single ship bails 100% of the time at almost full hull)

I am running XRM (this is for albion prelude)

If I am doing the math correctly.. If I have it set to 1 on bail and 1 on hull


they should be bailing around 2% of the time correct? or at or below 2% hull
not 95-99%


What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Nicoman35
Posts: 661
Joined: Thu, 17. Nov 05, 14:12
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sat, 4. Jan 14, 01:36

Joebloweres wrote:What am I doing wrong? Thanks.
You're doing nothing wrong. It's simply because the latest version of NPCBailing is not compatible with XRM. It litters the universe with abandoned ships at ridicuously high rates. It's best to use v1.6.4 instead. I think you have to start a new game though.

Joebloweres
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat, 4. Jan 14, 01:22

Post by Joebloweres » Sat, 4. Jan 14, 01:41

Nicoman35 wrote:
Joebloweres wrote:What am I doing wrong? Thanks.
You're doing nothing wrong. It's simply because the latest version of NPCBailing is not compatible with XRM. It litters the universe with abandoned ships at ridicuously high rates. It's best to use v1.6.4 instead. I think you have to start a new game though.
=/ Bleh... Figures... Thanks for the very fast response I really appreciate it :D so if I use this other version do I need to delete all my mods and reinstall cause they are messed up? or just the save - and this version is compatible with xrm? (does it also work with the hull multiplier mod from xrm? or makes things bad?)

Nicoman35
Posts: 661
Joined: Thu, 17. Nov 05, 14:12
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Sat, 4. Jan 14, 02:40

I think so! I use it with XRM and I barely see an abandoned ship. No need of reinstalling anything. Just delete all files of the old version from your game folder, then copy v1.6.4. Start a new game. Fiddle around with the options until you get reasonable rates for you :).

Joebloweres
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat, 4. Jan 14, 01:22

Post by Joebloweres » Sun, 5. Jan 14, 04:13

Cool man <3

Barleyman
Posts: 127
Joined: Sun, 16. Apr 06, 00:52
x3

Post by Barleyman » Sun, 5. Jan 14, 11:36

Nicoman35 wrote:
Joebloweres wrote:What am I doing wrong? Thanks.
You're doing nothing wrong. It's simply because the latest version of NPCBailing is not compatible with XRM. It litters the universe with abandoned ships at ridicuously high rates. It's best to use v1.6.4 instead. I think you have to start a new game though.
I think the problem is specific to X3AP + XRM. I had no trouble with X3TC + XRM or just X3AP.

Post Reply

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”