[SCRIPT] NPC Bailing Addon v1.7.8 [2010-09-21]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Post Reply
ThisIsHarsh
Posts: 1132
Joined: Sun, 19. Oct 08, 18:46
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sun, 26. Oct 08, 16:36

lepidosteus wrote:Also, I used it, uninstalled it though plugin manager, saved, reloaded, ... and I still see some NPC ships bailing ?! Did I do something wrong in the uninstall process ?
Probably the ships that bailed were already under attack when you uninstalled the script. If the bail script is running on a ship already (it starts when a ship is attacked), then it will run to completion one way or the other even after the script has been uninstalled. You shouldn't see any more ships bail than those initial few though, let me know if you do.

lepidosteus
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri, 28. Jul 06, 15:47

Post by lepidosteus » Sun, 26. Oct 08, 19:25

Ships not having a "claim" option issue is more complex than "missions ships can't be claimed". They CAN be. Some of them have this bug, and although I'm not 100% sure I think I've seen this issue on non-mission ship too.

At the very least I definetly saw it on ships bailed when I'm OOS and without a mission going on.

As someone else said earlier, the only solution then is to use cycrow's cheat to claim.

ThisIsHarsh
Posts: 1132
Joined: Sun, 19. Oct 08, 18:46
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sun, 26. Oct 08, 21:37

Update: v1.1

Notable changes:
:arrow: Modified the bail formula and added in some randomness. Please let me know your comments on this.
:arrow: If you have the Bioscanner installed on your ship, you can now use a hotkey to reveal a pilot's "Bravado". It is displayed as a subtitle at the bottom of your HUD.
:arrow: Attempted fix for some ships not being claimable. Please let me know if it helps.

User avatar
Malakie
Posts: 905
Joined: Tue, 13. Apr 04, 23:08
x4

Post by Malakie » Sun, 26. Oct 08, 21:58

ThisIsHarsh wrote:Update: v1.1

Notable changes:
:arrow: Modified the bail formula and added in some randomness. Please let me know your comments on this.
:arrow: If you have the Bioscanner installed on your ship, you can now use a hotkey to reveal a pilot's "Bravado". It is displayed as a subtitle at the bottom of your HUD.
:arrow: Attempted fix for some ships not being claimable. Please let me know if it helps.


Download URL incorrect error from the hypershare website when I try to download your update 1.1
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

ThisIsHarsh
Posts: 1132
Joined: Sun, 19. Oct 08, 18:46
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sun, 26. Oct 08, 22:04

Malakie wrote:Download URL incorrect error from the hypershare website when I try to download your update 1.1
I don't seem to have any problem, and there has been 10 downloads so far. Try downloading again, maybe it's just an isolated incident. Anyone else having problems downloading?

Thrandisher
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun, 1. Jul 07, 03:33
x3tc

Post by Thrandisher » Sun, 26. Oct 08, 23:37

The url there worked for me.

So far so good, although i was wondering if i could get a 10% change at bail. I went to one sector and there seemed to be a gy of abandined ships which wernt there about 2 hours ago (in game time). There was a Q there diceing up stuff before i arived and im sure thats why there was some ships with no pilot and almost destroyed. I was useing 20% chance btw.

ThisIsHarsh
Posts: 1132
Joined: Sun, 19. Oct 08, 18:46
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 01:08

asser69 wrote:The url there worked for me.

So far so good, although i was wondering if i could get a 10% change at bail. I went to one sector and there seemed to be a gy of abandined ships which wernt there about 2 hours ago (in game time). There was a Q there diceing up stuff before i arived and im sure thats why there was some ships with no pilot and almost destroyed. I was useing 20% chance btw.
You mean you actually want an even *worse* chance of pilots bailing than 20% ?!

I've just been playing a couple hours on 60% and found 3 bailed ships in total (2 of which bailed because of me). Didn't come across any big battles though, which I suppose is where you would find a lot of ships.

OK, gonna start a poll (in a separate thread since once set it can't be changed) to see what settings people use and rebalance the next version to suit.

ThisIsHarsh
Posts: 1132
Joined: Sun, 19. Oct 08, 18:46
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 01:13

Oh dear, doesn't seem to be any option for poll when creating threads any more...

Instead, I would greatly appreciate it if people would post which setting they have found to be the best balance for them personally (i.e. 20%, 40%, ..., 100%).

If I get enough data and it is biased enough, I can use that to rebalance the bail rates for the next version.

Dungeoncrawler
Posts: 1074
Joined: Sun, 7. Dec 03, 06:32
x3tc

Post by Dungeoncrawler » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 01:24

Thanks for the mod. I was thinking that what you suggested about npc salvage ships would truely compliment this piece of fine work and make it a little more 'balanced'. Are you still planning on this feature? Thanks again.

Dc

Thrandisher
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun, 1. Jul 07, 03:33
x3tc

Post by Thrandisher » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 01:24

Hmm, i think i just had bud luck there or something. Just did a few big xenon invasions (reloaded to see how bailing was working) and i had 1 or so eject out. So i might have had some bad luck in that one zone or i was seeing x14 or so since i didnt have coffee yet.

I just looked through all my old x3R stuff to see my notes at what i had that one set and of course thats one of the scripts i dont see anymore.
20 is probly good and low enough for me, some reason i think i had it set at 35 or 15 when i useta play (been almost a year).

Ill do some more testing to see how it goes and report back. Been suffering from alot of CTD and i know its know a fddraw reason.

Thanks for working on this script btw. This is one of the few ones i always made sure i had.

ThisIsHarsh
Posts: 1132
Joined: Sun, 19. Oct 08, 18:46
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 02:13

Dungeoncrawler wrote:Thanks for the mod. I was thinking that what you suggested about npc salvage ships would truely compliment this piece of fine work and make it a little more 'balanced'. Are you still planning on this feature?
Yes, this is my next task, aside from general tweaking and balancing as I get feedback.

asser69 wrote:I just looked through all my old x3R stuff to see my notes at what i had that one set and of course thats one of the scripts i dont see anymore.
20 is probly good and low enough for me, some reason i think i had it set at 35 or 15 when i useta play (been almost a year.
One issue is that the formula used is quite different from xfir01s BSE equations, so settings in that script don't transfer to this one.


Thanks for the feedback! Keep 'em coming!

Thrandisher
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun, 1. Jul 07, 03:33
x3tc

Post by Thrandisher » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 02:27

Ok, it might be a few day's before i can get more testing in. Gotta jet for tonight/tommorow then F3 in 2 day's might make it rough.

Although was thinking in the shower, that when you do get some type of scavenger's worked into the script, then the current %'s should be fine.

I like to try to keep a clean galaxy so im always salvageing if i see empty ships, but i just cant bear to shoot up one, so npc salvagers would take care of that! ;)

Just as long as they dont eat up the "free" ships which are around the place at the start of a game.

On a side note, the M.A.R.S. script works great with the goblins on it for pulling shipsclose to you that were bailed out of.

lepidosteus
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri, 28. Jul 06, 15:47

Post by lepidosteus » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 04:03

Can I assume that in the new 1.01 bailing rate will be slower than in 1.00 ? Aka will I still have between 5 and 10 ships bailed every time I join a sector ?

I may want to test it back but only if this was reduced. Last time I spent more than an hour cleaning the sectors.

Khaak_Slayer
Posts: 388
Joined: Sun, 18. Apr 04, 17:04
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 05:19

Definitely needs to be other people claiming ships, if anything to clean up sectors after massive battles. I accepted a 'Very Hard' patrol mission yesterday, and killed a few ships, jumped away as it was ridiculously hard for me in my nova. i then did a few more missions about the universe and bought a Hydra, kitted it out and flew around to a while longer in between installing this script. I then jumped back to the patrol mission sector of Aladna Hill, and the entire sector was absolutely *littered* with derelict ships. I don't even have the patience to capture all of those adrift ships, there are that many. I hadn't actually modified the percentage, so i guess it was still on default. I have now reduced it to 20% so that might make it more balanced for the future.

One more thing though, i also cannot download the update from the provided link.

Loving the script idea in general though, adds an additional layer of realism for me, thanks very much!

[Edit]: Nevermind, i can download now. Sometimes this forum gives me the 'DOWNLOAD' button, and it won't work, other times i just get
"http://hyperfileshare.com/d/aadc3c56 http://www.egosoft.com/img/button_download.gif", and it does work.
Rawr.

ThisIsHarsh
Posts: 1132
Joined: Sun, 19. Oct 08, 18:46
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 05:23

lepidosteus wrote:Can I assume that in the new 1.01 bailing rate will be slower than in 1.00 ? Aka will I still have between 5 and 10 ships bailed every time I join a sector ?

I may want to test it back but only if this was reduced. Last time I spent more than an hour cleaning the sectors.
Yes, the bailing rate is non-linear now, and there is some randomness. The formula is quite different..

Generally speaking, less ships will bail in v1.1 with the same option selected as in v1.0. But more than that, there is a much larger discrepancy between the settings now. The difference between e.g. 40% and 60% is much greater in v1.1 than it was v1.0. With the setting at 20% hardly any ships should bail.

Please let me know if you try it out which setting works best for you.

Post Reply

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”