[SCRIPT] NPC Bailing Addon v1.7.8 [2010-09-21]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

firefightervf06
x3tc

Bailing Max

Post by firefightervf06 » Wed, 9. Nov 16, 05:37

I've been trying to figure this out and hope someone can help me. Which settings would I want to have it on to have the ships of any certain size have max bail? Is it a higher number or lower? Thanks!

Playing A/P also.

bung_dorji
x4

Post by bung_dorji » Sat, 19. Nov 16, 23:56

i just back for this game after several years

Is this mod still active ?
the host server is already delete this file i guess
It is hard to live since the xenon and kha'ak patrol recentrly

bung_dorji
x4

Post by bung_dorji » Sun, 20. Nov 16, 09:12

bung_dorji wrote:i just back for this game after several years

Is this mod still active ?
the host server is already delete this file i guess
how do you download from that hosting server ?
i cant download it
It is hard to live since the xenon and kha'ak patrol recentrly

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 20. Nov 16, 10:22

Please do not double post. Having some patience is advised in this forum these days.

If you have a look at the second post on the previous page of this thread, you will find that Menzoberranzan posted working download links.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

dralicin
xr

Post by dralicin » Tue, 31. Jan 17, 08:15

I am having this weird issue where after i claim a ship and go to move it to another sector, a swarm of hostile ships spawn and kill it. Anyone know a fix?

OneFourTwo
x3tc

Post by OneFourTwo » Sat, 15. Jul 17, 03:33

Can anyone guide me through how to manually edit the ship bail rates?

I'm using litcubes and sadly community configuration menu is incompatible with it.

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Mon, 25. Sep 17, 02:37

I am playing X3 again, and I would like to use this script, but the download for this is not working.

Khaakbuster
x3tc

Post by Khaakbuster » Mon, 25. Sep 17, 09:59

DaMuncha wrote:I am playing X3 again, and I would like to use this script, but the download for this is not working.
The previous page has some download links that are working.

Khaakbuster
x3tc

Post by Khaakbuster » Wed, 25. Oct 17, 11:46

It's a little hard to easily identify the bailed ships on the sector map so I decided to implement the same color coding that XTC has.

This is how it will look ingame:
https://img1.picload.org/image/drgrraww/bailed.png

The ships will be color coded when they bail and the color coding will be removed when you claim a ship.

If you like that little added functionality simply download the zip file and unpack the contents to your X3TC folder.

[ external image ]
NPC Bailing Addon 1.7.8 with color

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}

kosjak111
x4

Post by kosjak111 » Thu, 28. Dec 17, 12:43

Someone can re-upload version 1.6.4 since its compatible with XRM?

MadArkael
x4

Post by MadArkael » Wed, 7. Feb 18, 00:02

dralicin wrote:I am having this weird issue where after i claim a ship and go to move it to another sector, a swarm of hostile ships spawn and kill it. Anyone know a fix?
Has this been addressed by anyone somewhere? I'm playing the Alderan start and have good rep with argon, but as soon as my ship flies through the jumpgate and is out of sector, a fleet of argon take their lunch money.

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Sun, 8. Jul 18, 15:56

I have done a fixed and expaneded version of the script.

- included the colored patch some postings ago
- XRM ready
- expaneded setup with options for alot more races & ship types
- fixed bailing problems between big and huge ships
- fixed imature bailing

http://ks4003297.ip-142-4-209.net/unres ... panded.zip

The values are now a bit different:

- the general bailing value (from 1 to 20) describes the chance vs. morale and such as normal. As higher as more bailing. I lowered the chance, so a value of 5-10 is already somewhat low.

The hull value describes the % value about bailing. So, we start to bail not over 20%. This works fine to give not overloaded and to big ships.

The bailing problems with alot nearly undamaged ships all over the place even with low settings of the original script was a mix of settings.

But the real problem was the "get % of the hull" part, which is for some reason for XRM under AP pretty often zero for full ships. Looks like an overflow or rounding problem. I fixed that too.

This script is also part of the LxXRM modding.

michtoen
x3

Post by michtoen » Sun, 8. Jul 18, 16:03

kosjak111 wrote:Someone can re-upload version 1.6.4 since its compatible with XRM?
Use my fixed script, the 1.6.4 script is not stable under the latest patches and will result in crashes here and there.

Khaakbuster
x3tc

Re: [SCRIPT] NPC Bailing Addon v1.7.8 [2010-09-21]

Post by Khaakbuster » Wed, 11. Nov 20, 21:00

I have tried your modified script, but it has some issues.

1. You forgot to update the version number in 7101-L044.xml. Anyone already using the latest 1.7.8 version will have a non-working configuration menu after the upgrade to 1.8.0.
2. The idea to make the bail hull percentage a fixed value was a bad move in my opinion. Now any noob pilot will bail at the same time as a hardened veteran. (plugin.npcbail.timer.xml)

Luckily these issues can easily be fixed/revoked. I also added a very helpful feature to mark bailed ships that you don't have the blueprints for. They will have a "*" character at the end of their name. (plugin.npcbail.bail.xml)

If you like these changes, you can download the modified files here. Just copy the contents of the archive to your X3TC folder.

edit: Unfortunately there is a problem with the blueprint feature that I implemented. The "player HQ has blueprints for" script command is broken in X3TC 3.4. I don't know if it fails because I have reverse engineered so many ships or if it fails because I have bought another dock type station (trading dock), but the command will now return false for all ships, no matter if I have the blueprints already or not.

edit2: For a test I have now removed my additional docks and only have the player HQ left. The command still doesn't work. The problem could be the amount of reverse engineered ships. I have now over 255 of them and this seems to break an internal unsigned integer variable in the game code...

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Sun, 9. May 21, 21:20

after trying for a few hours to get this to run again in AP I have given up. I see the name click it under configuration folder and get nothing but a blank page no instructions or adjustments. so deleting it from the manager (added it as a archive file and the fix too, still nothing on the set up page.

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Tue, 11. May 21, 17:59

here's the funny part. undocked and went into the scripts menu. reinitiated them all. then went back in went down that list one by one and found the bailing extension WAS there. clicked configuration files, opened them, a blank page. so went back in went all the way to the bottom and found the original file marked set up for bailing extension, hit R on that...blank page. the files are there but there is no configuration files none, and so it doesn't work.

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Tue, 11. May 21, 21:57

KRM398 wrote:
Tue, 11. May 21, 17:59
here's the funny part. undocked and went into the scripts menu. reinitiated them all. then went back in went down that list one by one and found the bailing extension WAS there. clicked configuration files, opened them, a blank page. so went back in went all the way to the bottom and found the original file marked set up for bailing extension, hit R on that...blank page. the files are there but there is no configuration files none, and so it doesn't work.
just tried something else, yes I'm stubborn since I remember using this in AP long ago. it kept telling me that it was just for TC not AP, so went into TC and ran the ship around a few minutes and checked the configuration files and opened it, there it was plain as day. so opened it to check the set up...nothing, blank page even in TC, so basically giving up on this. going to go with boarding and see how that works. found out my frigate cant board anything even though it carries 20 marine's, that's a waste. one corvette I had was marked for boarding, and my tp is too, so probably them and the bomber frigate too. not sure what else. hoping something like the Cerberus might be too but don't know yet. :roll:

Khartago
x3tc

Post by Khartago » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 11:31

Hello together,

did someone tried if this script is working with Farnham's Legacy?

Taylor2008
x4

Post by Taylor2008 » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 13:32

I will never understand why people are asking such questions instead of trying out for themselves. :?

Musicker
x3tc

TheXUniverse and mods stored therein

Post by Musicker » Tue, 23. Nov 21, 01:27

Hello all,

I'm hoping someone knows of an alternate place that mods might reside, since the mod links posted for ThisIsHarsh's mods seem to get redirected to http://ww7.thexuniverse.us/, which obviously isn't the real TheXUniverse site.

I'm just trying to get the NPC Bailing add-on, so if anyone knows an alternate place to download that from, I'd be much obliged!

Oh, almost forgot.. the JSON Parser library is also linked to TheXUniverse and inaccessible, so also looking for that, as it's apparently one of the prereqs.

Thanks,

Musicker
Last edited by X2-Illuminatus on Sun, 28. Nov 21, 15:38, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged with existing topic
i9-12900K 8P/16 + 8E 3.20GHz
2TB Seagate® FireCuda® 530 Heatsink (PCIe Gen4) NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 7300/6900 MB/s
64GB (32GBx2) DDR5/5600MHz Dual Channel Memory
GeForce RTX™ 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6X

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”