[SCRIPT] NPC Bailing Addon v1.7.8 [2010-09-21]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Troubleshooter11
x4

Post by Troubleshooter11 » Mon, 20. Aug 12, 17:25

joelR wrote:Yeah. Its a pain. The best solution I found was to cut the time ships stay in game down to 20 mins or so.
Yeah that's a solution, until you see a cool ship, fly to it, jump out of your ship, select the wreck, only to see the ship blow up a second before you click the claim button.

True Story (tm)

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Tue, 21. Aug 12, 13:35

I had to restart a new game and use 1.64 and now all is well. There were some other scripts that were wonky with AP too, and after removing JSON and 1.78 they too now fall in line, oddly enough.

So, for AP at least, I would recommend sticking to 1.64 really. Since it is no longer found as a link I've uploaded my copy here for a time being: [ external image ]

EDIT: It is actually still available at the original site through this direct download as well for those that want the SPK: [ external image ]

TheEarl
x3ap

Post by TheEarl » Tue, 28. Aug 12, 10:48

@xiriod: Does 1.64 not need JSON ? I want to start a new game and think of trying 1.64.

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Tue, 28. Aug 12, 11:14

Nope, no need for JSON :) Have fun!

Cronos988
x3tc

Post by Cronos988 » Thu, 30. Aug 12, 10:28

I get infinite loop crashes whenever I enable the NPC Bailing Plugin in X3AP, with XRM installed.

Other scripts include:
- Lucike's script collection
- Bonus pack
- Salvage command Software and NPCs
- Marine Repairs
- improved boarding

It seems likely that a big ship bailing causes a lockup in either XRM or one of those scripts.

Any idea on what it could be?

aleks2098

Post by aleks2098 » Sun, 23. Sep 12, 18:09

Hello, i understand that we can use both?
Highly recommended: Salvage Claim Software by Cycrow - required for claiming big ships

Arrow Recommended: Salvage Commands and NPCs - automate salvaging and add NPC salvagers to add competition and help balance this plugin
but about Salvage Claim Software - only TESCSG installed properly on my Albion - i got information that Cycrow is only for Terran Conflict (not for Albion). Is this ok?
Recommended: Cycrow's Salvage Claim Software
Arrow Recommended: TECSG's Salvage Claim Software Mk. 1
I understand that TECSG's is to claim big ships. Am I right?
Last edited by aleks2098 on Sun, 23. Sep 12, 19:57, edited 1 time in total.

TouchMyNipple
x4

Post by TouchMyNipple » Sun, 23. Sep 12, 18:53

Will this script ever be continued? I hope so because i like the npc bailing idea and especialy combined with salvage crews. But if combined with XRM it starts bailing too much. hope this can be fixed in some way.

Did anyone manage to cope with overbailing problem?
Haste-whip TrixX!

CoSm1c RaVeR

Post by CoSm1c RaVeR » Thu, 17. Jan 13, 02:14

What you mean?
There are options to bail. If you set all on 1 then they still bail to much ?
U can set it 1-20 I tested it and 20 makes bailing to about 90% and 1 makes them not bail to easy or even at all (?)

I wonder what means hull percentage and this first options. Didnt find any description in this thread about it. I would like to read clearer instructions so I would know how to set this script to my liking.

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Fri, 18. Jan 13, 00:12

It's called reading the instructions. The options are pretty self explanatory and most people haven't seen the Author in a fairly long time.

If you are unable to work out how to use it, you may want to rethink your approach to modding X3 TC/AP and maybe learn a bit more about the file structure or use Cycrow's mod manager.

Oh and if you have a problem with free space on your system, you should probably address that as you already spent enough getting the computer to be pretty quick, may as well get a 2TB HD for storage. It's not like they are expensive.
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

CoSm1c RaVeR

Post by CoSm1c RaVeR » Fri, 18. Jan 13, 12:47

OH REALLY?! Maybe you sleep on money or your parents giving you big pile of pocket money. I must earn money for myself not only on computer. I'll explain something to you so you will back off from me maybe a little bit. In near future I plan to upgrade further my PC because I didnt have enough money to buy everything what I wanted but I needed fast PC for work and I made few savings and HDDs was one of them! Im planning to upgrade to i7 3930K, GF GTX 680, 16more GB of ram, monitor 27 inches, and 2 or 3 T HDDs x2 (mirroring)
I am not rich boy so I could not buy it all at once and I needed good PC for project that was important and I had no savings to make that big fast upgrade.

As for other part, imagine that not everybody's native language is english or they are not as great as you so they may not understand everything so clearly as you. To your information I understood this mod as I play with it some time, but then I had no knowledge about it at all and I didnt see detailed description and thats why I wrote earlier post hoping that somebody will explain it clearly but instead of that I got reply from you with lots of mocking.

Staberind
x4

Post by Staberind » Thu, 24. Jan 13, 20:57

Please try to relax, its unwise to get all huffy and offended by a post on the net,
Might I suggest finding the cheapest gig to £$yen whatever hd anyway?
I had to save for a while to get my new machine up and running, so I know what you mean. but I have an i5 running of an ssd, so, until I get a second ssd thats dedicated to games, I am super happy. wrt the scripts, there is already a npc bailing thing in xrm, although I have not yet experimented with it. I have downloaded the older script to check it out.
Finally, your English is excellent, so, don't worry about it.

Huillam
x4

Post by Huillam » Sat, 25. May 13, 03:49

Just to clarify:
20 bail rate ensure the biggest chance of bailing?
20 hull rate ensure the chance can happen with hull mostly intact?

I just ran some test on a xenon J (because it became blue and half a second later became space dust with 1 at the bail rate and 5 at the hull rate and that was not the first who made me that bad joke!) with 20/20: it just fight to the end (even made few attempt at 0% hull without success). Does existing ships need some time to update their bailing chance?

Edit:
Okay jumping out and jumping back updated the setting (or I was just lucky).
Any advice for some recommended settings? I'd like cap ships bailing to remain rare but at least happens when they have enough hull to survive.

Edit2:
The formulae is used twice. I missed that part. So with 1 at the bailing rate and 10 at the full factor a pilot with 85 bravado has 1% chance to bail around 50%. But is this calculated every X seconds? Every time the hull take damage? Only once?

Paingod
x2

Post by Paingod » Thu, 13. Jun 13, 15:11

I tried out this mod last night and ended up uninstalling it. I had two issues.

1. NPC Salvagers aren't active enough. Just through the course of normal travel, I ran into 5 TP and TS ships in three sectors drifting pilot-less after pirate/yaki attacks. I never felt like I was in competition with the salvagers and only saw two "salvage" tagged ships - both Xenon L's and both under Boron command, flying together. All in all, if I left the mod running I'd have a windfall of spare ships to manage.

2. I started having issues capping ships I forced to bail during combat. The ships would be stopped, show as having no pilot, and an astronaut would be drifting nearby but the "Claim" command was simply gone. If I got close enough, the ship would fly away randomly for a little while at low speeds and then stop again. This was particularly frustrating when I finally forced a couple Terran pilots to bail but couldn't claim their ships (which I wanted to Reverse Engineer and didn't have yet).

It might be worthwhile to re-install this late-late-late game when I have a couple carriers and can scoop up a lot of smaller ships just to recycle them or RE them if I don't yet have the blueprint, but early on when money is still tight this is a serious balance issue.

Larxyz
x3tc

Post by Larxyz » Sat, 15. Jun 13, 10:50

anyone else having issues with menus now showing up after 3.0 patch?

Larxyz
x3tc

Post by Larxyz » Sat, 15. Jun 13, 12:17

nvm, forgot to install JSON libraries. lol

nap_rz
x3tc

Post by nap_rz » Mon, 17. Jun 13, 10:01

figured out how to :mrgreen:

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Tue, 25. Jun 13, 16:23

Paingod wrote:I tried out this mod last night and ended up uninstalling it. I had two issues.

1. NPC Salvagers aren't active enough. Just through the course of normal travel, I ran into 5 TP and TS ships in three sectors drifting pilot-less after pirate/yaki attacks.

2. I started having issues capping ships I forced to bail during combat. The ships would be stopped, show as having no pilot, and an astronaut would be drifting nearby but the "Claim" command was simply gone. If I got close enough, the ship would fly away randomly for a little while at low speeds and then stop again.
1 - The first issue can be compensated for by changing the bail setting down to about 20 (the default 40 or 50 will leave the universe littered with ships). The settings seem to be exponential, so at 20, I run into one or two "third party combat" bails a day at most (most of those spotted in far sectors while checking on my other assets remotely), and get a few extra bails in combat now and then. I end up with almost as many bails stolen out from under me by NPC salvagers (with their remote claim software) than I get from the extra bails. I'm now learning to spot the salvagers and pick my fights (or draw them away) so I've got enough time to finish the fight and claim the salvage before the salvagers reach it. At a bail setting of 30, abandoned ships are somewhat common, but the salvagers usually keep up with it unless you're quick to get there.

I set the capital ship bail rate one notch higher, because they rarely survive long enough to bail, once the shields drop. There's usually more than sufficient ordinance already in flight to finish off the ship even if the crew does decide to eject, so it's a rare thing to find an abandoned capital ship (after 5 days, my current game left an abandoned Ares M7M in a Pirate sector with about 2% hull, and I had to abandon my mission at the time to get there before the competition), but you'll probably get an M6 bail during combat once or twice a game. I suspect that the mod would be absurd at settings over 50.

2 - If you try using your suit repair laser before you claim a ship, it will consider it an attack and take evasive action. I've never seem one fly off except when some other salvager remotely claimed it out from under me. I will agree with you as to the other point: I saw fighters two or three times that couldn't be claimed at all; the Claim option simply did not appear either with the Override software or by going EVA and flying up to it. They never flew away from me, though.

cryptonite1
x4

Post by cryptonite1 » Tue, 2. Jul 13, 18:16

great script, working nicely, just to ask something,

I dont really get how the "bail rate factor" and the "hull bail factor" affect each other and how they affect "bravado", and even what they actually mean lol....yes, i read the instructions and some of the posts in this thread, but they are'nt specific enough...like exactly what number in the settings = what % of bail

but after some testing,

1. Even if ALL the factors are set to one. 5 out of 5 M2s bail at a hull of an average of 50%, one at 90%, isn't this bail rate too high? i mean, the factor is both set to 1...and the percentage after calculating using the formula is like 2%...there must be something wrong?

2. If "bail hull factor" is how much hull the ship has left for the NPC to bail, why is the MAX of this option 20? does 20 mean NPC will consider bailing when hull reach 20%? what if someone want NPC to bail at 50% or higher? or is there another meaning?

3. "Equipment Damage" have 2 options, one is hull dependant and one is default, whats default? is it vanilla? and whats hull dependant? i know its plain english, but can it be more specific? like how much damage will provide how much equipment, etc? or make an example?

ThisIsHarsh wrote:Use the Community Configuration Menu to configure the plugin. Most options should be self explanatory. The option "Non-standard ship bailing", if enabled, could cause unintended side-effects, such as not being able to claim certain abandoned ships without using a third-party plugin.
I thought in vanilla, you already CANNOT clain a ship bigger than an M6, you can only board it. so whats this option for if theres already an option for big/huge ship bailing? isn't it obvious that if enabling big/huge ship bailing also means that the person wants non-standard ship bailing on too" since big/huge ships are considered "non-standard" by ur description.

5. what is small/big/huge ships? exactly? i thought small would be M5-M3, TS, TP. big would be M6-M7, TM. huge would be M1-M2, and where does a TL fit in? but after testing, i may be wrong, because turning huge ships on/off does not affect a M1 from bailing or not, but turning big ships on/off do affects M1, if this is true, does this mean there is something bigger classified as "huge ships"? and that M6-7 = small ships?

erevo

Post by erevo » Sun, 11. Aug 13, 01:26

I found a bunch of abandoned ships from npc battles but it felt cheap and like cheating to take and use or sell them so I just decided to blow them up. Really, I was just looking for ways to change bailing mechanics a bit for myself, but there seems to be nothing out there but this. Though I can't seem to disable NPC vs NPC bailing. RP-wise it doesn't really makes sense that everybody leaves functioning ships behind anyway (it doesn't do that even with the other mod mentioned in the starting post). It also unbalances the game if you can make millions from just flying around and taking a few ships from other peoples battles.

firestorm79
x4

Post by firestorm79 » Thu, 7. Nov 13, 10:56

Larxyz wrote:anyone else having issues with menus now showing up after 3.0 patch?
I have this problem too... I can't configure the npc bail settings it just comes up with an empty blue menu!

can anyone assist??

edit: doh!! just read your second post!!! installed JSON parser library, now working fine! 8)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”