[SCRIPT] NPC Bailing Addon v1.7.8 [2010-09-21]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 02:23

corhen wrote:any of the ships that this script acted on, i can no longer claim

The "Claim" option has been completely removed!

the M7 is sitting there, i can see what is in it, but i cant claim it, so i fell cheated, as i would like to claim it.
As mentioned, you need Cycrow's Salvage Claim software to claim big ships. I should have mentioned this in the OP, I'll sort that out.

corhen wrote:im wondering, for large and huge ships, could you script it so that multiple astronauts eject?
Multiple astronauts will eject, unless it's a xenon or khaak ship. If there is definately no astronauts and you are not using 'Salvage Commands and NPCs' plugin (where there are NPC ships that may 'Rescue' astronauts), then let me know because that is a bug. I *have* tested to make sure multiple astronauts eject, but you never know.

corhen wrote:IE first ejects, left side turret stops firing, then right side, bottom, ext. until the last one, who could be the captain.

This would be helpful for when you are taking over a ship, you could do so to reduce the number of opponents your soldiers have to fight through
This is a much more advanced feature and would require nearly the same amount of work as the whole script over again. It's a damn good idea though, but don't expect it to be added any time soon.

KloHunt3r wrote:Umm, does setting the equipment damage to "extra" mean there will be extra equipment, or extra damage?
"Extra" will keep equipment based on the hull damage - generally keeping much more than "Default"

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 02:25

corhen wrote:this isnt only big ships

there are 2 M5's and 1 M4 that i cant capture!

i understand about big ships
Sorry didn't see that at first. Hmm, I thought (and others have reported) that this issue was resolved. Again Salvage Claim Software would remove this issue completely, but still, I will look into it.

Anyone else seeing this problem (again)?

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 05:25

I am yet to see that problem, -at all-.

I probably won't use the huge ship bailing, as i think the captains should go down with their ships in those really big ones - or activate a self-destruct thing first to scuttle their vessel. I might not use the big ship bailing either, if it causes M6 ships like Centaurs to bail, as that seems too easy to acquire ships. But it would add to realism, so i might. It's something i'll ponder for sure.

Anyway, downloading to keep up to date with this fun mod. Thanks for another update!
Rawr.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 05:44

Khaak_Slayer wrote:I am yet to see that problem, -at all-.

I probably won't use the huge ship bailing, as i think the captains should go down with their ships in those really big ones - or activate a self-destruct thing first to scuttle their vessel. I might not use the big ship bailing either, if it causes M6 ships like Centaurs to bail, as that seems too easy to acquire ships. But it would add to realism, so i might. It's something i'll ponder for sure.

Anyway, downloading to keep up to date with this fun mod. Thanks for another update!
Personally, I've enabled big and huge ship bailing, after being resistant to the very idea at first. But I have set at 50% (with small ships set at 100%) and I'm using my NPC salvagers script as well. So the high bravado of big ships, plus lower bail rate, plus NPC salvagers, means that coming across an abandoned big ship will be a very very rare occurrence. Certainly not happened yet in about 5 hours of playing. Saying that, all these sojourns into scripting means I'm still in early game with not much universe explored or satellited yet!

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 13:08

I'm a little curious how the bail rate is calculated in the end... I take it that setting 100% does not mean every ship would bail and that it is a little more complicated than that?
How much influence does this mysterious "bravado" have?

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 15:12

I had 2 Pirate M4's that bailed on me last night that i couldnt claim, no claim option one was a Pirate Buzzard, the other a pirate scorpion, no messages played before the pilots bailed, this was on a station defence mission, but another 2 m3's that bailed on the same mission , which did play messages were capturable. Last night was the first time i installed this software, it was downloaded last night so i presume it is the latest version i have small ships set to bail at 40% large and huge ship bailing set to off and equipment set to extra.

Legionnaire

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 15:29

I really can't find any other way to make ships cappable that don't show the 'capture' context option, and haven't run into this problem myself. All I can suggest for now is the Salvage Claim Software, which shouldn't have any issues.

As for the bravado rating, its simply the sum of morale, aggression and fight skill. The full range is from 0 to 300, but typically you only find from 20 to 90 in the game.

The formula is fairly straightforward, I played around with gnuplot (graph plotting program) quite a bit to find a function that worked for me:
Spoiler
Show
modifier = (bailrate/10)^2
chanceofbailing = modifier / (modifier + bravado)
-- check random number for probability of bailing *at all*
hull%tobailat = 100*chanceofbailing

minimum: 1 / (1 + bravado) = very low chance of bailing for all but absolute lowest bravado, and even at bravado of 1, only a 1/2 chance.

maximum: 100 / (100 + bravado) = approx 1/2 chance the highest bravado, and near a 1/1 chance for low bravados.

corhen
x3tc

Post by corhen » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 18:12

I got the remote claim software working.

Yea no message plays when some1 bails. When no sound playes, I can't claim the ship without the software. Could it be a conflict of mods?

The "follow target" and "attack target" commands remain on the menu.

Edit* cleaned up the message(im on a iPod, so it makes cohesion a little hard)
Last edited by corhen on Sat, 1. Nov 08, 19:41, edited 1 time in total.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 19:16

corhen wrote:I got the remote claim software working

Yea no message plays when this happens. Could it be a conflict of mods?

The "follow target" and "attack target" commands remain on the menu
I'm really not sure what you are saying. The 'Claim ship' command of Salvage Claim Software should play audio announcements, yeah, but if it's not and it's still claiming the ships fine then is it that big a deal?

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 20:10

I think what corhen means is that when a pilot bails normally he gives a message saying hes bailing. the ships that dont play a bail message, cannot be captured. Ive also seen this, and every ship where a bail message is played can be captured, if no bail message plays , ship is uncapturable

Legionnaire

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 20:38

Ahh I get you. Funny you mention you're using an ipod, I'm tapping this out on my phone :wink:.

Yeah if the pilot says something before bailing then that is the stock bailing behaviour, as it would be without this script.

OK so at least 2 confirmed reports of this problem and 2 confirmed reports of no problem at all. Grrr. First thing to try is uninstalling the script and reinstalling, as it might be the plugin manager didn't update the file with the fix in it.

Other than that (rather crap) advice, I'm really not sure.

Is it only ever mission ships that are unclaimable? Has it always been a problem or only in a recent version? Is it all mission ships or just some of them that can't be claimed?

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 21:49

I've only just started using this software and the only ships ive had problems with are mission ships, ive come across and been able to claimships floating in space as im travelling through sectors. as a side note i am not using Cycrows Salvage Claim software is it possible that using that bypasses the issue some of us are seeing? would be good to get some feedback on that from others both those with and without the claiming problem.

Legionnaire

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 23:25

If you use the Salvage Claim Software 'Claim' command, rather than the claim option in the context menu (i.e. if you are an astronaut), it will definitely work. It is only claiming the normal way that has problems - for some people at least.

SIKY
x3tc

Post by SIKY » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 21:22

hi !

i have read this topic, all the topic, but i don't find a response to my problem:

i try severals times to claim a ship.
i can claim it, it's a caiman alone in the dark space of three world, but each time i try to claim it, an Argon patrol turn red immediately :evil:
i re-try as different times, go away in next sector, dock in stations...
every time i claim it, every time Cerber comes ennemy :cry:

is it a solution ? or there is no hope
is that came frequently ?

sorry for my bad english :oops:

Jasper Carrot
x3tc

Post by Jasper Carrot » Mon, 3. Nov 08, 00:38

Ok. I see this is for NPC "little ships" Would this effect larger ships as well?? M6,7,8 and up??

Would this only effect NPC-NPC battles??

Coz I'm gettin Xenon Q's and J's which I attack myself giving up and turning blue for me to capture and in some Xenon sectors there is the occasional M6,8 with no pilots waiting to be taken over too.

I agree with some of the provious posts. The bail rate is very high. In a small scirmish with 4 or 5 pirate M3,4,5 I'm ending up with 3 or 4 capped ships.

Works great with Salvage Claim too :wink:

Or does TC simply have big ship bailing already??

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Mon, 3. Nov 08, 02:35

SIKY wrote:i try severals times to claim a ship.
i can claim it, it's a caiman alone in the dark space of three world, but each time i try to claim it, an Argon patrol turn red immediately :evil:
i re-try as different times, go away in next sector, dock in stations...
every time i claim it, every time Cerber comes ennemy
LOL. Not seen this problem before at all myself and noone else has reported it. I have no idea what could cause this. Maybe the ship has some illegal cargo or something? Have you checked if they are actually enemy (i.e. they try to attack you) or if somehow claiming the ship has just changed your freind-foe settings?

Jasper Carrot wrote:Ok. I see this is for NPC "little ships" Would this effect larger ships as well?? M6,7,8 and up??

Would this only effect NPC-NPC battles??

. . .

I agree with some of the provious posts. The bail rate is very high. In a small scirmish with 4 or 5 pirate M3,4,5 I'm ending up with 3 or 4 capped ships.
It affects player vs. npc as well as npc vs. npc. As for the other questions:
Use the "Community Configuration Menu" to configure the plugin:

. . .

> Set bail rate: Controls the probability a ship will bail, as well as the hull damage suffered before they bail.

> Big ship bailing: Enable/disable the bailing of big ships. This includes M6, M7 and similar.

> Huge ship bailing: Enable/disable the bailing of huge ships. This includes M1, M2 and similar.

> Set bail rate for big/huge ships: Seperately controls the bail rate of big and huge ships.

Jasper Carrot
x3tc

Post by Jasper Carrot » Mon, 3. Nov 08, 06:27

ThisIsHarsh wrote:
Use the "Community Configuration Menu" to configure the plugin:

. . .

> Set bail rate: Controls the probability a ship will bail, as well as the hull damage suffered before they bail.

> Big ship bailing: Enable/disable the bailing of big ships. This includes M6, M7 and similar.

> Huge ship bailing: Enable/disable the bailing of huge ships. This includes M1, M2 and similar.

> Set bail rate for big/huge ships: Seperately controls the bail rate of big and huge ships.
DOH!!! Forgot that step. Done it now but:
There are NO options for Big ship bailing, Huge ship bailing or Set bail rate for big/huge ships
There are only options for Set bail rate and equipment

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Mon, 3. Nov 08, 06:33

Jasper Carrot wrote:There are NO options for Big ship bailing, Huge ship bailing or Set bail rate for big/huge ships
There are only options for Set bail rate and equipment
Chances are you upgraded from an old version and the plugin manager didn't update the t file properly. To sort this, go into your X3TC\t folder and delete the file labelled 7101-L044.xml, then reinstall the script. Let me know if you still have problems.

Jasper Carrot
x3tc

Post by Jasper Carrot » Mon, 3. Nov 08, 06:58

your 1.4 version which you uploaded on the 31st is the same day TC was released in my part of the world. I thought I had the 1.4 version :oops: but I obvioulsy downloaded 1.3 before you uploaded 1.4 :oops:

I am running 1.4 now and have the extra options.

Thanks ThisIsHarsh ...The 1.3 version works a treat for me. Keep up the good work :wink:

SIKY
x3tc

Post by SIKY » Mon, 3. Nov 08, 18:46

LOL. Not seen this problem before at all myself and noone else has reported it. I have no idea what could cause this. Maybe the ship has some illegal cargo or something? Have you checked if they are actually enemy (i.e. they try to attack you) or if somehow claiming the ship has just changed your freind-foe settings?
after i have claim the ship, the patrol turn red and attack my poor caiman, then they destroy me too....
not any illegal cargo in the ship, nothing on my too.
i play the "poor marchand start" ( don't know the real translation in English, i play fr(33)), so i'am Argon, ATM, i don't do any fight.
i will see my friend/foe setting just after claim the ship.

I know that i have something similar with BSE2, but just after an fight, not 1 hour past.... and all the ships was claimed after somes minutes
NPC bail out is and community plug in configuration 're the only scripts installed ATM :wink:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”