[SCRIPT] NPC Bailing Addon v1.7.8 [2010-09-21]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Tue, 28. Oct 08, 22:33

Did you add the option to make all ships bail (rather than just small ships), or do we still need to do that in the script editor? Been too busy to d/l and install the updates, or to play much, for that matter. But will check out this newest version soon!

Also, is there any way to turn this script off once it's installed? From my experience, once you install and run a script, then save your game, it's impossible to stop the script from running even with the files deleted. Maybe you can make it an AL plugin?

-Grax

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Tue, 28. Oct 08, 23:33

Couple of quick questions for you ThisIsHarsh. Well, first i'd like to say that you have made an extremely well executed script here. In both your skills at creating a fun script, and your ability to listen to feedback and implement changes. This is nice and original too.

Before installing the new version, I am curious - Will this timer, which destroys derelicts, affect the already derelict ships floating about the universe? I am mainly referring to the secret ships hidden behind various asteroids for the player to find. I wouldn't want to lose them!

I would also like to ask a slightly off-topic question with regards to mission ships being non-claimable. Yesterday i used my marines to board and successfully capture a Pirate Osprey during a station defense mission. This mission then became impossible to complete as the game continued to think my Osprey was a pirate needing to be destroyed. If i left the sector, the ship would go back to being hostile, and i'd fail the mission.

So i wonder if there is something in the scripts or what-have-you, that controls this issue? And if it was possible for you to repair the claim issue with smaller ships, could one also theoretically fix my issue?
Rawr.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 00:07

OK, quite a few comment, thanks:

@Vanderine: I plan to make the salvager scripts so they can be used as commands for your own ships as well for NPC salvagers (in fact the command may come before the AL plugin).

@Saber: I have seen civilian ships with 'Salvager' in the name in X3TC, but they just fly from station to station and don't actually salvage anything. I am going to look into retasking them to actually do their job, but that might not be the most feasible solution.

@Graxter: No, still only small ships bail, you will have to edit the script. Large ships really need a whole different set of rules and config options IMO.

As for turning the script off, that shouldn't be an issue. If you just uninstall the script then ships will stop bailing, since the signal will no longer be remapped when you start up your savegame.

@Khaak_Slayer: Thanks for the kudos! The normal derelict ships will not be affected at all by this script.

The mission completion issue shouldn't be a problem - assuming egosoft wrote the missions to accept bailed ships as well as dead ships. I think it is less likely that my script will cause a problem than the boarding parties, since it uses inbuilt new bail command which I'm told has the same effect as if you made the ships bail normally. But I can't be certain on this. I haven't come across any issues myself and noone has reported anything so far to this effect. To clarify, the claim 'fix' would not have any bearing on any potential mission completion issue (and may even make it worse, if it does exist).

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 00:16

To all:

I made a noob mistake in the script where it adds a hotkey to your controls options. You will now have the same hotkey option listed several times, one for each savegame load.

I've replaced the version for download with a fixed version, but not changed the version number for such a tiny change. Please redownload this fixed version.

I've asked the sticky boffins if there is a way to sort this out. Sorry guys.

lepidosteus

Post by lepidosteus » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 00:19

Ships bailing during missions aren't an issue (it happened to me numerous times and the mission always succeeded). I think this issue is specific to boarding, something I've never tried.

The fix for unclaimable ships is working for me, didn't have any issue at all since the lastest version.

As for the settings, I'm now using 10% and extra, I'm not entirely sure if extra is working (didn't pay attention) and the bailing rate is a little too low, but with 20% it is too high (for me) so I keep it that way.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 01:06

Apologies to users who have downloaded this previously, you may find several erroneous hotkey entries in your controls menu, one for every savegame load. The following script will remove these entries. Extract to your X3TC\scripts folder, then in game start up the script editor. The script near the top named a..remove.invalid.hotkeys is the one you want to run. Select it and press 'r' to run.

>Download
Last edited by ThisIsHarsh on Wed, 29. Oct 08, 01:13, edited 3 times in total.

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 01:08

Actually, I'm pretty sure they made it better in X3TC. Almost 100% sure I got "The xxx Nation thanks you for killing this invader" (or whatever) notoriety gain when a bad guy bailed from his ship. Never got credit for killing bad guys in X3R that way, only when the ship blew up while still red.

-G

adecoy
x3tc

Post by adecoy » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 01:31

my opinion about tweaking the bail rate is for it to be customizable by the user

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 01:39

adecoy wrote:my opinion about tweaking the bail rate is for it to be customizable by the user
Ummm, well it is... Do you mean some sort of equation editor like xfir01 had in X3Rs BSE?

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 01:41

It is customisable by the user.

ThisIsHarsh, Thanks very much for the info!

Hmm, upon installing the new version, i don't have the option for 10%, it all looks the same as v1.1. I also have the same problem i had previously, where the highlighted option would be displayed as ReadText7101-200. I am using Cycrow's installer, and i uninstalled 1.1 before installing 1.2

I am also getting a second menu option in my Community Customisation Menu that is ReadText7101-401, is that something to do with you?
Last edited by Khaak_Slayer on Wed, 29. Oct 08, 02:06, edited 1 time in total.
Rawr.

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 01:45

Loved BSE in X3:R, tried it here, still love it - ty.

But include big ship bailing, too, please.
Disabled per default if you please and ppl who want it have to turn it on by themselves. :roll:
I hate that Marine boarding from TC; tried that, too, and really hate it with passion.
A nice idea and stuff - but on paper only. :evil:

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 01:56

Teladidrone wrote:Loved BSE in X3:R, tried it here, still love it - ty.

But include big ship bailing, too, please.
Disabled per default if you please and ppl who want it have to turn it on by themselves. :roll:
I hate that Marine boarding from TC; tried that, too, and really hate it with passion.
A nice idea and stuff - but on paper only. :evil:
What are you talking about man! Marine boarding is possibly the most awesome part of the vanilla game. I love blasting a ship until the shields go down, then slamming my throttle forward as i slip up along side the ship before swerving in front of it, and dropping my little crew. It is almost sexual!

But seriously, hearing their commentary as they battle their way through the ship, accompanied by the special tense music is fan-bloody-tastic.

Get this: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=219597

And read this: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0

That should help you, it helped me!

Ships bailing during missions aren't an issue (it happened to me numerous times and the mission always succeeded). I think this issue is specific to boarding, something I've never tried.
Just to clarify, the issue i described earlier about the Osprey was unrelated to this actual script. I had the problem before i installed it i think. It is a bug with the vanilla game i reckon. I was just wondering if such a problem could be fixed before the patch comes out, whenever that may be. I am anxious to capture some ships!
Rawr.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 02:04

Khaak_Slayer wrote:Hmm, upon installing the new version, i don't have the option for 10%, it all looks the same as v1.1. I also have the same problem i had previously, where the highlighted option would be displayed as ReadText. I am using Cycrow's installer, and i uninstalled 1.1 before installing 1.2
Hmm, this is wierd. I just tried uninstalling, redownloading from link in OP, then installing again. Everything seems to be in order.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue or similar?

Perhaps it is another script you have installed that is interfering. What other scripts do you have installed?

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 02:07

Khaak_Slayer wrote:
What are you talking about man! Marine boarding is possibly the most awesome part of the vanilla game. I love blasting a ship until the shields go down, then slamming my throttle forward as i slip up along side the ship before swerving in front of it, and dropping my little crew. It is almost sexual!

But seriously, hearing their commentary as they battle their way through the ship, accompanied by the special tense music is fan-bloody-tastic.

Get this: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=219597

And read this: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0

That should help you, it helped me!
Hm, ok, didnt try that one yet. Lets see... :?

...and I still want the BigShipBSE! Pretty please!

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 02:08

Just updated the post you quoted as you posted that.

I have Community Plugin Config, Explorer Command Extension, Improved Boarding, Military HUD for Terran Conflict (which is just an interface/sound effect thing), This script of course, and Salvage Claim Software

Edit: Also just another bit of info for you, i just did that remove erroneous hotkeys thing, (as i had about 50 in the interface list), and it has completely removed the 'scan for pilot bravado' option. I'm getting the impression the new version hasn't been installed or something. Don't have any options pertaining to on-board wares either.
Rawr.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 02:31

Khaak_Slayer wrote: I am also getting a second menu option in my Community Customisation Menu that is ReadText7101-401, is that something to do with you?

. . .

I have Community Plugin Config, Explorer Command Extension, Improved Boarding, Military HUD for Terran Conflict (which is just an interface/sound effect thing), This script of course, and Salvage Claim Software
Well that is interesting. 7101 is the t file I am using. Check your X3TC\t folder for the 7101.xml, make sure it's not corrupted or something.

Oh one thing you will want to do if you haven't already is get the new version of Cycrow's Community Configuration Menu. That could have been the problem all along actually.

As for those scripts, I have most of them and the ones that I don't shouldn't be a problem, so I doubt it's a script conflict problem.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 02:33

Khaak_Slayer wrote:Edit: Also just another bit of info for you, i just did that remove erroneous hotkeys thing, (as i had about 50 in the interface list), and it has completely removed the 'scan for pilot bravado' option. I'm getting the impression the new version hasn't been installed or something. Don't have any options pertaining to on-board wares either.
Yeah I've removed the hotkey for now, I will add it back in the next version when it's fixed.

EDIT: Though when you scan a ship's freight you will still get a message about the bravado rating.

Again, get the latest version of Community Configuration Menu. Hopefully that should sort out the issues you report with the configuration.
Last edited by ThisIsHarsh on Wed, 29. Oct 08, 02:39, edited 1 time in total.

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 02:35

I was just checking said files actually, 7101 seems to be in order, it contains references to percentages and such. I also have the latest version of Cycrow's CCM. I'm at a bit of a loss.
Rawr.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 02:41

Khaak_Slayer wrote:I was just checking said files actually, 7101 seems to be in order, it contains references to percentages and such. I also have the latest version of Cycrow's CCM. I'm at a bit of a loss.
Well this is a dilly of a pickle.

All I can suggest is to completely remove NPC Bail Addon, then load up your savegame, save, quit out, reinstall script, load up game again. I.e. a completely fresh install.

Rather generic advice, I know. But I'm also at a loss here.

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 02:57

Well while that was a good suggestion, it didn't work either i'm afraid.

However i've noticed something else i missed earlier. The title of the community config menu is "ReadText7101-300". Does that suggest there is a problem with the config menu itself?
Rawr.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”