[SCRIPT] Auto explore v1.2 + Deploy Satellite Network replacement v1.1 [2009-07-19]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

simtech1976

Post by simtech1976 » Thu, 25. Dec 08, 21:01

no one know >>?? :)

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Thu, 25. Dec 08, 21:23

simtech1976 wrote:no one know >>?? :)
Download the first one it works on mine :wink:
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

Galaga
x3tc

Re: [SCRIPT] Explorer Command Extension v1.2.1 (+ fixes) [2008-11-28]

Post by Galaga » Sun, 28. Dec 08, 07:50

ThisIsHarsh wrote:This script adds two new commands under the Navigation menu: [Auto explore] and [Scan asteroids]. It is available in spk format[/code]
I'm sorry, I've never really messed with scripts in games before but what is a SPK file format? Nothing I've got will read/decompress it and googling only turn up some company called southlogic whose over-fancy flash sight was useless.

Krewzur
x4

Post by Krewzur » Sun, 28. Dec 08, 09:19

It's a package to make installing scripts easier, use it with Cycrows Plugin Manager:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=218121
Corsair 400c // Intel i7 8700k // H100i v2 // ASUS Maximus X Code // ASUS 1080ti Strix OC // 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz // Samsung 960 Evo 250GB // 960GB SanDisk Ultra II // Corsair RM850i

Galaga
x3tc

Post by Galaga » Sun, 28. Dec 08, 09:25

Oh, I see, I've only looked at a couple scripts so far and I just manually installed them, so I hadn't looked at the plugin manager.

Thanks for the help, and sorry for the silly question.

roqhart

Post by roqhart » Thu, 1. Jan 09, 21:47

Odd, this script doesnt work at all for me.

I don't see any of the new commands in navigation command. Yes i got the navigation command software installed in the ship, got pretty much em all incl mineral scanner. (wich is the one i want to use the most)

I got other scripts running and working perfectly. None that should conflict with yours tho, since none of them adds commands in the navigation menu.

Edit: except i got some Grax remove rocks (aaaa.remove.rocks.xml) - it's just the small rocks it removes, not atreroids. Could it be that?

DaWilko
x4

Post by DaWilko » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 13:05

Guys i've checked the usual haunts (EQ Docs, TC HQ) and can't find Exploration Command System for sale ingame, I have the script editor inplace and the SPK file up and runing in my plugins manager.

ookie007

Post by ookie007 » Tue, 20. Jan 09, 04:09

DaWilko wrote:Guys i've checked the usual haunts (EQ Docs, TC HQ) and can't find Exploration Command System for sale ingame, I have the script editor inplace and the SPK file up and runing in my plugins manager.

I'm having this problem as well, halp plz.

madpainter
x3tc

Post by madpainter » Wed, 21. Jan 09, 00:30

Try the equipment dock and NNMC at PTNI headquarters, I'm sure its at one of those.

Loner87
x3tc

Re: [SCRIPT] Explorer Command Extension v1.2.1 (+ fixes) [2008-11-28]

Post by Loner87 » Thu, 12. Feb 09, 06:19

ThisIsHarsh wrote: I have also created a (temporary) fix for the issues reported in the stock Explorer implementation. Namely this attempts to fix:

[...]

:arrow: [Map Sector] bug, where jumpgates are not discovered. I'm not entirely sure about this one. It seems to perform better now, but there are still instances where jumpgates (and stations) are not discovered.

Is it fiexed in the current X3T version or the the fix is still needed ?

CaptObvious
x4

Post by CaptObvious » Tue, 3. Mar 09, 06:16

Download link is broken? Anyone have this file so I can grab it?

CaptObvious
x4

Post by CaptObvious » Tue, 3. Mar 09, 23:27

Bump? Anyone have this script?

Atrocious

Post by Atrocious » Sun, 5. Apr 09, 18:33

(Link works (again))

Interesting script! I was thinking about the exact same thing. Currently my universe is explored (manually) but next time I start a game, I will definitely use this.

When I was thinking about about that script, I had some more ideas for it. So if you are still scripting, you could take them for your script, if you like them:

- I thought about giving a certain direction (NE, SW and so on) so the ship will go through northern sectors first, then if there are no more northern sectors, it will take an east sector and so on. That way, you could send multiple ships with different direction settings. But your version is probably just fine.

- I thought it would be cool to have the ships buying and deploying satellites automatically, when they find abandoned ships. Of course it would be good if they (additionally) send you a message with the location and status of the found ship.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sat, 11. Jul 09, 05:23

Update v1.2.2 + Deploy Satellite Network replacement

:arrow: Removed "Scan asteroids" command, since there is now a stock version.

:arrow: Added a somewhat more intelligent replacement for the "Deploy Satellite Network" command. No script files are replaced, the command is simply remapped. This version takes much the same input as the stock version, but searches for target sectors and places to buy Adv. Satellites more intelligently. It also, most importantly (IMO), uses the jumpdrive, refuelling as necessary, based on the ship's autojump and refuel settings. Basically a 'fire and forget' satellite deployment solution (until the ship gets destroyed by roving baddies).

:arrow: The two commands ("Auto explore" and "Deploy Satellite Network") have been split into two separate plugins - check the OP.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Wed, 15. Jul 09, 02:53

Update: Deploy Satellite Network v1.1

:arrow: Added a preload menu allowing you to blacklist individual sectors. I got tired of my satellite deployment Mako getting killed by Split military in Argon Sector M148 ( :? ). Check the screenshot in the OP to see the new interface.

ThomasAH
x4

Post by ThomasAH » Wed, 15. Jul 09, 08:53

ThisIsHarsh wrote:Update: Deploy Satellite Network v1.1
Thanks for the update. There is a typo in the download link though: EExplorer...
When manually removing the additional 'E' the download works.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Wed, 15. Jul 09, 12:11

ThomasAH wrote:
ThisIsHarsh wrote:Update: Deploy Satellite Network v1.1
Thanks for the update. There is a typo in the download link though: EExplorer...
When manually removing the additional 'E' the download works.
Thanks, fixed.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sun, 19. Jul 09, 11:08

Update: Deploy Satellite Network v1.1.1

:arrow: Bugfix release: fixed ReadText errors in menu.

Tasolth

Post by Tasolth » Mon, 27. Jul 09, 22:27

I still get all readtext errors with the deploy satellite command. Looking at the files I see no T file, and the T file included with the auto explore command doesn't have anything for the deploy satellites.

I also have one request for this script. Allow configurable Satellite drops. aka I don't just want 1 sat in the center of every sector, or just one somewhere else. All sectors are different. I'd like the option to have sats dropped at all the gates, and sats to cover all of the stations in a sector.

I know I can already use mars for this, but it would be 10x easier at the very least if sats could be dropped to cover all the gates and most of the sector.
Unless the script does this already and I just don't realize it yet. then I can remove this post :)

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Tue, 28. Jul 09, 21:26

Update - Deploy Satellite Network replacement v1.2.2

:arrow: Forgot to add the t file :oops:, should stop ReadText problems. Thanks to Tasloth for pointing that out.

Tasolth wrote:I also have one request for this script. Allow configurable Satellite drops. aka I don't just want 1 sat in the center of every sector, or just one somewhere else. All sectors are different. I'd like the option to have sats dropped at all the gates, and sats to cover all of the stations in a sector.
I do keep thinking about this. There was a script I used in X3R which does something similar. It's quite a bit of extra work though, got a couple other plugins on the go right now, but I will come back to this.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”