[SCRIPT] Auto explore v1.2 + Deploy Satellite Network replacement v1.1 [2009-07-19]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

boxleitnerb
x3tc

Post by boxleitnerb » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 12:49

I have the same issue. Sometimes it flies to the next unexplored sector, though.

Bobisback

Post by Bobisback » Sat, 17. Dec 11, 09:42

Well first off I noticed that my exploreers without a mineral scanner did not have any issues.

then after having to mod XRM to do something I learned that there is a issue with this mod and another mod. Unfortunately how to fix it I have no idea.

It would seem that if you have Jump Beacon by Lucike then there is a conflict with the command slots that Lucike and ThisIsHarsh are using, and specifically the scan androids command for the auto explore.

If you go all the way to the Ship Command Slots on this page you will see what I am talking about. And I am betting that everyone having this issue is using the jump beacons.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216690

Peanutcat
x4

Post by Peanutcat » Fri, 30. Dec 11, 15:41

Albion Prelude compatible?
F signature

Dakota-
x4

Post by Dakota- » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 17:12

Bobisback wrote:Well first off I noticed that my exploreers without a mineral scanner did not have any issues.

then after having to mod XRM to do something I learned that there is a issue with this mod and another mod. Unfortunately how to fix it I have no idea.

It would seem that if you have Jump Beacon by Lucike then there is a conflict with the command slots that Lucike and ThisIsHarsh are using, and specifically the scan androids command for the auto explore.

If you go all the way to the Ship Command Slots on this page you will see what I am talking about. And I am betting that everyone having this issue is using the jump beacons.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216690
I am having the Unknown command issue as well. I stopped using Auto Explore because I would have to "unstuck" my ships manually once per sector and it just got annoying. It seems to happen after doing the initial survey and during the first few asteroid scans.

I am not using XRM. I am, however, using various random scripts to make things easier e.g. this script, EST, CAG, MARS.

I am also using the TC for AP "mod."

I haven't tried Nicoman35's updates yet because I just saw them.

That said I am also having a problem with the blacklist simply not working. I haven't read this entire thread but I have yet to see anyone mention it. Several times my Satellite Deployers have flown into the sectors I had blacklisted and got destroyed. I'm very much tempted to start doing some script modification.

@Thisisharsh: In Sept., you mentioned that the Sat. Deploy command was unfinished. Are you close to finishing your modifications?

BTW. I agree emergency jumping would be nice, but a lot of times these explorer ships are getting insta-killed (or nearly) because they are low-hp fast M5s which end up near a M6+ while gating and I don't think emergency jumps can act quick enough can they?

If not, at some point I need to look into how hard it would be to script same-sector avoidance of enemies (auto-retreat script). If anyone knows of a good script for that, please let me know.
Last edited by Dakota- on Tue, 3. Jan 12, 17:22, edited 3 times in total.

Dakota-
x4

Post by Dakota- » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 17:14

Peanutcat wrote:Albion Prelude compatible?
It appears to be. I'm using it, but there are a few bugs yet. I have no idea if it's because it's AP or simply because it's not completely bug free.

Dakota-
x4

Post by Dakota- » Wed, 4. Jan 12, 13:43

I stared at the scripts for deploying satellites. I think I found the reason that ships will still enter sectors that are blacklisted.

If I'm looking at this right, sectors are only screened on the basis of deploy-satellite sectors and not as sectors that might be passed through in order to get to a deploy-satellite sector e.g. passing through Xenon Sector 347 to get to another sector.

At line 16 in plugin.expx.sat.deploy it simply appears to pass the final deploy-satellite sector to !move.movetosector, instead of passing one sector at a time from a pre-determined "safe" path.

Modifications are needed to accomplish the desired behavior. I may have time to do this. It's going to take me some time to get spun up on the syntax of this scripting language in order to fix it. I'd much rather someone who was familiar with X3 scripting to fix this problem.

Edit: It appears that this Cycrow script might take care of the problem of flying through these sectors, albeit through another script's configuration and installing "override" scripts of default behavior.

156Thelema

Post by 156Thelema » Sat, 7. Jan 12, 13:28

This looks like a great script...but where do I put the file?

Dakota-
x4

Post by Dakota- » Sat, 7. Jan 12, 17:57

You will need the X Plugin Manager. The file is in plugin form.

Dakota-
x4

Post by Dakota- » Tue, 24. Jan 12, 07:07

To prevent others from reinventing the wheel, I'm letting you know that I've taken the latest script from Nicoman35 (which is of course the modification of Thisisharsh's Explorer Command Extension) and modified it to more or less require Advanced Navigation Software; at the very least it requires a couple of the scripts from the script package.

The purpose of this was to enable blacklisting of traverse sectors and not just final destination sectors.

It was made with M5s w/o jumpdrives in mind, so that's the main focus of the modifications. If you always use jumpdrives to deploy satellites, this script convergence will benefit you less.

In order to do this, aside from modifying Nicoman35's scripts, I had to remake one of the scripts in the Advanced Navigation Software script package and slightly modify others. Advanced Navigation Software should still work as expected.

I'm going to do some testing of the software in one of my own games for a while. When I think it's ready for "beta" release, I'll let the other devs (Thisisharsh, Nicoman35, and Cycrow) know and see if they want to take a look at the stuff before I release it.

If you have any questions or want to help test, please reply or PM me.

Erenar
x4

Post by Erenar » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 18:19

I'll help test it, I have a TC game going atm that could do with a full auto explore as i've got most sectors available but very much unexplored (just navsats setup with ASN1.33). Been looking for a viable and potentially reliable explorer script :)

Edit I also have a 33% fully manual explore done in AP as well so could test the other 66% with this. There are no navsats setup in AP. About 70% of TC has them but my deployers keep dying so the network needs some maintenance.

I'm using XRM for TC and AP so extra sectors to explore.

Dakota-
x4

Post by Dakota- » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 18:29

Unfortunately, I didn't touch the auto-explore code yet so it works to some degree, but I'd be surprised if it works it works in coordination with blacklisted traverse sectors. I focused on modifying Nicoman35's satellite explorer modification.

Erenar
x4

Post by Erenar » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 18:38

Ok, fair enough :)

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Sat, 19. May 12, 01:53

I am using both of these scripts for the first time. I'm experiencing the Unkown Command bug. :(

Any fix?
Editing posts since long before I remember.

Cybermutant
x4

Post by Cybermutant » Mon, 10. Jun 13, 20:26

is there a way to blacklist sectors for these explorers, they keep entering the war zones in albion prelude, which I very much dislike because it isn't realistic because all my npc ships get killed.

cactuss
x3

Post by cactuss » Sun, 30. Nov 14, 17:32

Could someone host zip files somewhere ?
For manual install on Linux
Thanks

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”