[discontinued] [MOD] CockpitCallback MOD v1.0(for v2.0+) 05/04/2009

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Arkblade
x4

Post by Arkblade » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 02:55

Van-d-all wrote:I played the game for 15 minutes and I knew the next thing I needed was a proper cockpit view. Thank you for your effort. Without them I felt as if flying in a space suit not a spaceship...

Just to make this clear - after reading about your stability problems I downloaded the mod thinking that I'll just change to outer view in crashy situations AND IT WORKS. Just press F1 before docking.

A shame the meters don't work though...
i confirmed the CTD problem evasion by the method that had been posted by you. thx!

pme2001
x3tc

Post by pme2001 » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 17:14

Installed your 'cockpit mod' and thanx to the 'ctd evasion' i might just start playing the game!
Any sort of help from Egosoft on this 'ctd' problem would have been nice though!
I know we are not going to get an official "cockpit mod" from Egosoft, so some help on the small problems this community mod has would be greatfully appreciated
..........once again, nice work Arkblade!
XP SP3 AMD DC 4200+ 2GB RAM GeFORCE 9600GT 250GB HDD SOUNDBLASTER AUDIGY SE

mrjingo
x4

Post by mrjingo » Sun, 26. Oct 08, 09:12

The Boron Skate cockpit doesn't show up.

I think I'm gonna have to shelve cockpits until they are working properly. I keep forgetting to switch views :oops: Hopefully someone can get these working :(

JCESAR

Post by JCESAR » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 13:07

Come on :(, i dont know nothing about programing etc, cant someone fix that CTD problem? and manage to get the meters working? plz...
It just ruins the game for me, being in an M1 capital ship just feels like you are in a slower M3, you dont have that feeling you are in the comanding chair of a damn big battleship, like it should

jahulath
x2

Post by jahulath » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 14:54

JCESAR wrote:Come on :(, i dont know nothing about programing etc, cant someone fix that CTD problem? and manage to get the meters working? plz...
It just ruins the game for me, being in an M1 capital ship just feels like you are in a slower M3, you dont have that feeling you are in the comanding chair of a damn big battleship, like it should
LOL you sound like my boss... Yes it will be possible BUT we are all just human (with the exception of a couple of the dev's kicking about here) and these things take time and a lot of cursing to even start... May I gently suggest that you read up a bit about the practical side of what they are trying to achieve - It'll help your frustration and maybe lower your blood pressure :P

On another note how about a no ship nose display? I imagine myself in a shielded M3 and the last thing I want is windows that would allow a lazer through (I'm feeling the snap crackle and pop of my flesh as I sit in an M7 and a stray IRE shot streams through the plexiglass)... I imagine the view as being a shielded camera array on the hull so why not have it on the ships nose?

I made a laughable attempt some years ago at tweaking some of the extra cockpits and as I recall the POV is based on the mesh of the ship. can you confirm that? I'm getting keen on the idea of doing it myself now I think about it! the question I suppose is can the be an addon kind of thing or are we talking 3Dmax? (If it's a mesh thing I'm out, I am an SQL man and lack the resources for 3d)

Saphirefenix
xr

Post by Saphirefenix » Thu, 30. Oct 08, 15:17

If I didn't fail epically at 3d design I would load up 3dsmax right now and make some more cockpits. But I don't have the slightest clue where to start...

All I can say is, I refused to buy this game until it got cockpits, and well... this is good enough for now.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pepperg
x3tc

Post by pepperg » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 05:37

sigh...here we are two games and about 6 years later, and we're still having to rig the x2 cockpits into x3:tc. definately a "wtf," imo.
SeagateBarracuda320GB 7200 SATA
LIANLI PC-7B plus II MidTower
EVGA GeForce8800GTX 768MB
Intel Core2Duo E6600Conroe 2.4GHz
CORSAIR 2GB DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
WDRaptor 150GB 10,000 RPM
EVGAnforce SLI 680imobo

mrjingo
x4

Post by mrjingo » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 06:59

I agree wholeheartedly..... :cry:

amirite

Post by amirite » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 16:36

Egosoft probably would have had to bring in at least 2 additional talented 3D artists for this... plus at least one texture artist. Plus another coder to work on the (obvious) problems that arise from this feature. That's a lot of money for a smaller company like Egosoft. Better this is a mod community effort.
-TEVE

JCESAR

Post by JCESAR » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 19:02

amirite wrote:Egosoft probably would have had to bring in at least 2 additional talented 3D artists for this... plus at least one texture artist. Plus another coder to work on the (obvious) problems that arise from this feature. That's a lot of money for a smaller company like Egosoft. Better this is a mod community effort.
They have money to make a game, but they dont have money to make some cockpits...yeah right....

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 23:00

I would have offered to have made the 3d meshes for them of a high quality if they did the texturing. That would have saved them a bundle.
i5 3570k cpu 16gb DDR3 1600mhz vega 56 8gb 32" 1440p mon

pepperg
x3tc

Post by pepperg » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 06:30

baffles me they don't consider it worth their effort :evil: :? :(
SeagateBarracuda320GB 7200 SATA
LIANLI PC-7B plus II MidTower
EVGA GeForce8800GTX 768MB
Intel Core2Duo E6600Conroe 2.4GHz
CORSAIR 2GB DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
WDRaptor 150GB 10,000 RPM
EVGAnforce SLI 680imobo

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 16:53

It does appear the new UI (HUD) has "broken" the ability to use cockpits in the same manner as before. Any model placed in the Cockpit Scene field in TShips will cause the Windows Error problem that you've noticed from your attempts when you exit the game (and other scenarios). This happens regardless of whether the instruments (not functioning) are included or not.

I'm guessing this was an inadvertant side-affect of the new UI, and that ES will (hopefully) fix the problem in patch.

[EDIT] I have a few ideas that I will experiment during this week to see if there may be some way around the current problems installing functional (with instruments and no crash) cockpits. Possibilities have not yet been exhausted.

mrjingo
x4

Post by mrjingo » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 17:43

Great news! I hope you can figure this out, because the lack of cockpits is something I am really having problems getting over.:(

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 17:55

mrjingo wrote:Great news! I hope you can figure this out, because the lack of cockpits is something I am really having problems getting over.:(
Well, no great news yet. And yes, I know the feeling. In fact, if you look at the very first posts I made when X3-Reunion was released, you'll see how dismayed I was at that time. :cry:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”