[discontinued] [MOD] CockpitCallback MOD v1.0(for v2.0+) 05/04/2009

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Stingads_Gsöchts
x4

Post by Stingads_Gsöchts » Tue, 23. Dec 08, 03:16

Any news with the 1.4 update?

:( I won't buy the gamne until there are Cockpits 'grml*
Cockpits!

karljj1
x3tc

Post by karljj1 » Wed, 24. Dec 08, 13:29

The game still crashes with the 1.4 update, sorry :(

pme2001
x3tc

Post by pme2001 » Wed, 24. Dec 08, 14:04

Another case of Egosoft listening to the community! Not! Very Disappointed yet again!
XP SP3 AMD DC 4200+ 2GB RAM GeFORCE 9600GT 250GB HDD SOUNDBLASTER AUDIGY SE

StratonAce
x3

Post by StratonAce » Wed, 24. Dec 08, 15:52

Perhaps the mod just needs an update since the 1.4? One can hope. :(

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Wed, 24. Dec 08, 16:22

StratonAce wrote:Perhaps the mod just needs an update since the 1.4? One can hope. :(
As karljj1 confirmed:
kaljj1 wrote:The game still crashes with the 1.4 update, sorry
My guess/prediction/hope is Egosoft will eventually provide cockpit capability for TC once they are fully satisfied with TC base stability and functionality. :)

th0th
x4

Post by th0th » Wed, 24. Dec 08, 19:38

I don't see why they would, sure it'd be nice if they did but what i think most of you are missing is the cockpit data is a port from X3, there are no cockpits in X3:TC data files as far as i know. So either deal with it or fix it, waiting for ego to 'fix' data that's not in TC isn't gonna happen, it is possible to make cockpits, so why not look into that if your able instead.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Wed, 24. Dec 08, 19:52

th0th wrote:...it is possible to make cockpits, so why not look into that if your able instead.
It's true, and I have suggested techniques by which cockpits can be created for TC. However, I think what some would like is same ability in X3-R to easily use the old X2 cockpits in TC.

There was a time I personally may have made the required effort, but right now, and in forseable future, I have too many other projects on my plate, and as with many others have become used to no cockpits.

Perhaps some modeler with interest in cockpits will some day step forward with a cockpit mod using methods even now available with TC. :wink:

Dark_MadMax
x3tc

Post by Dark_MadMax » Thu, 25. Dec 08, 01:51

th0th wrote:I don't see why they would, sure it'd be nice if they did but what i think most of you are missing is the cockpit data is a port from X3, there are no cockpits in X3:TC data files as far as i know. So either deal with it or fix it, waiting for ego to 'fix' data that's not in TC isn't gonna happen, it is possible to make cockpits, so why not look into that if your able instead.
It is not possible because game crashes, otherwise people would import old x2 cockpits.

Stingads_Gsöchts
x4

Post by Stingads_Gsöchts » Thu, 25. Dec 08, 07:30

Observe wrote:
My guess/prediction/hope is Egosoft will eventually provide cockpit capability for TC once they are fully satisfied with TC base stability and functionality. :)
Yeah, and maybe Santa Clause really exists.

I won't buy X3TC without Cockpits. I guess I have to live without the game. When your only hope is that someone else may be work on Cockpits then it's damn sure we will never get them.
Cockpits!

Wesley Franken
x4

Post by Wesley Franken » Sat, 27. Dec 08, 13:41

Stingads_Gsöchts wrote:
Observe wrote:

I won't buy X3TC without Cockpits. I guess I have to live without the game. When your only hope is that someone else may be work on Cockpits then it's damn sure we will never get them.
I would even pay for a cockpit-mod!! :evil:

StratonAce
x3

Post by StratonAce » Sat, 27. Dec 08, 16:11

Wesley Franken wrote:
Stingads_Gsöchts wrote:
Observe wrote:

You know, I'd be willing to pay for one too. Any modders want to have a crack at making a cockpit mod for TC and perhaps get a couple of free games of their choice? Make a working cockpit mod and I'd be willing to order you a couple of games from like Amazon and have them sent to you. That's no joke either, if someone were interested in the offer, I'd live up to my end. PM me if you're interested and serious.

mr2dr

Post by mr2dr » Sat, 27. Dec 08, 17:23

Ugh - Egosoft just needs to come out with their own version that's up-to-date. This is so ridiculous. I might even go back to playing X3:R soon, its strangely disorienting to play without a cockpit.

pepperg
x3tc

Post by pepperg » Sat, 27. Dec 08, 19:26

StratonAce wrote:
Wesley Franken wrote:
Stingads_Gsöchts wrote:
Observe wrote:

You know, I'd be willing to pay for one too. Any modders want to have a crack at making a cockpit mod for TC and perhaps get a couple of free games of their choice? Make a working cockpit mod and I'd be willing to order you a couple of games from like Amazon and have them sent to you. That's no joke either, if someone were interested in the offer, I'd live up to my end. PM me if you're interested and serious.
ditto
SeagateBarracuda320GB 7200 SATA
LIANLI PC-7B plus II MidTower
EVGA GeForce8800GTX 768MB
Intel Core2Duo E6600Conroe 2.4GHz
CORSAIR 2GB DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
WDRaptor 150GB 10,000 RPM
EVGAnforce SLI 680imobo

Wesley Franken
x4

Post by Wesley Franken » Sat, 27. Dec 08, 21:33

StratonAce wrote:
Wesley Franken wrote:
Stingads_Gsöchts wrote:
Observe wrote:

That's a good idea :wink:

Wesley Franken
x4

Post by Wesley Franken » Sat, 27. Dec 08, 21:34

StratonAce wrote:
Wesley Franken wrote:
Stingads_Gsöchts wrote:
Observe wrote:

We should make a new topic with this :idea:

Resheph

Post by Resheph » Sun, 28. Dec 08, 11:16

Offtopic:

Please, dont make one post after your previous reply, use EDIT option. Thank You.
The glory of the gods
Is put out
Like a reed torch
In the water
The roof of the house of Amun is fallen
Even the gods must die

sthakker
x3tc

Shelve

Post by sthakker » Sun, 28. Dec 08, 18:20

Mine just sits on the shelf.. I am reading this thread for some sign of cockpits working.. I am not even going to venture into the game without them. In hindsight, I wish I never bought the game because I know I wont play it

Resheph

Post by Resheph » Sun, 28. Dec 08, 23:16

I have also bought mine one. Still waiting, just under my hand... I know it would be a crime if i would use it now. Just keep the will and wait for the cockpits :)
The glory of the gods
Is put out
Like a reed torch
In the water
The roof of the house of Amun is fallen
Even the gods must die

karljj1
x3tc

Post by karljj1 » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 01:47

I am playing with the buggy cockpits, as long as you remember to change view when you warp, dock or quit then it is stable. This isnt ideal but its better than waiting for a fix that may never come :(

StratonAce
x3

Post by StratonAce » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 03:02

karljj1 wrote:I am playing with the buggy cockpits, as long as you remember to change view when you warp, dock or quit then it is stable. This isnt ideal but its better than waiting for a fix that may never come :(
Again, I have to wonder if a custom script could recognize when the player is going to warp or dock and quickly switch off the cockpit view, then when the warp is complete or upon UN-docking, the script could turn the cockpit view back on. Not a perfect solution, but at least it would allow us to use cockpits without fear of crashes when we forget to turn off the cockpit view.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”