[discontinued] [MOD] CockpitCallback MOD v1.0(for v2.0+) 05/04/2009

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Gupster
xr

Post by Gupster » Wed, 12. Nov 08, 03:54

"

Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:13 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Off-topic if you guys don't like the game then don't play it ranting about a game serves no purpose and just gets you mad this is not the real world.

As for Egosoft not listening to its user's , ES are one of the best Developer's for doing just that the Chat Room on your right has quite alot of the time actual ES employees who are helpful.

Yes TC has its bugs as do lot of games that get sent to publishing often in much worse state, but as we ALL know from previous games ES will do everything it can to fix them, you really can't blame ES for the bugs technically its publishers give it a deadline to date of release then it must be out no matter what state and as X Games are pretty niche only certain plublisher's will publish so its a vicious circle for them.

Lastly this forum is not a place for this kind of discussion.

On-Topic yes cockpits would be nice, but not essential to game play in anyway."

One of the most arrogant posts i have seen on this forum. For your information this forum is for people to post their opinion about the X series, if you post here yourself then expect for people to answer and give back their own opinions. By saying "
I am entitled to my opinion as are you I am also entitled to post when and where I like on this forum if you have a problem with me PM me "
you sem to be saying that you are allowed to say what you want to say but if anyone else comments back you are offended ??

And if you have a problem with it then YOU can PM me.

amirite

Post by amirite » Wed, 12. Nov 08, 06:08

I'm just saying that jumping to opinions like 'egosoft doesn't have their priorities straight' or 'they don't listen to their fans' well thats just ridiculous. They post on this forum every day which is more than you can say for 90% of game developers.

Maybe I didn't explain myself properly with the bug-free game comment... really I just mean that the more resources are diverted to adding cockpits, the less there are in fixing bugs, ergo we would have a buggier game at this time. This SPECIFIC example may not seem like it would have much impact, but consider the decision-making process a game company has to go through when planning a game. They need to cut corners wherever possible, and cutting a lot of these corners minimises the scope of the project to become managable so they can release the damn game.

I know the engine isn't perfect - I haven't even gotten into the modding scene yet and I already notice some pretty frustrating things about the engine. I would really really like cockpits as well because they would be super-awesome and immersive, but that's really all you can say about them. Not a critical feature of the game.
-TEVE

Gupster
xr

Post by Gupster » Wed, 12. Nov 08, 11:22

I wasnt aiming my post at you Amirite, I was aiming it at the post TSM made, I wasnt sure how to use the quote function when replying to another persons post so the whole post looked like it had been written by me, in fact the only comment I was making was at the end of my post, the rest of it was me quoting the post made by TSM. Sorry for the confusion .

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Wed, 12. Nov 08, 12:20

Gupster wrote:I wasnt aiming my post at you Amirite, I was aiming it at the post TSM made, I wasnt sure how to use the quote function when replying to another persons post so the whole post looked like it had been written by me, in fact the only comment I was making was at the end of my post, the rest of it was me quoting the post made by TSM. Sorry for the confusion .
:lol: your posting just to cause an argument this is all the answer you will get from me.
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

Gupster
xr

Post by Gupster » Wed, 12. Nov 08, 17:24

TSM wrote:
Gupster wrote:I wasnt aiming my post at you Amirite, I was aiming it at the post TSM made, I wasnt sure how to use the quote function when replying to another persons post so the whole post looked like it had been written by me, in fact the only comment I was making was at the end of my post, the rest of it was me quoting the post made by TSM. Sorry for the confusion .
:lol: your posting just to cause an argument this is all the answer you will get from me.

Good now run along :)

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 12. Nov 08, 19:03

Look up

This is the Scripts and Mods forum not the XU bitching forum.

Were going off topic in relation to the use of this forum and descending into petty arguments here people so i'll say this only once

[ external image ]

We'll have no trouble here.

-----------

Keep to the topic people i don't have time to play king solomon in squabbles so i'll just cut the thread in half and lock it if i have to. ;)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

pme2001
x3tc

Post by pme2001 » Sat, 15. Nov 08, 13:16

Right where were we???
Ahh yes the "cockpit mod".....not seen many more responses from ArkBlade...so i wonder if he is still continuing to improve this mod?
Or anyone else for that matter! I Truly Hope So.
XP SP3 AMD DC 4200+ 2GB RAM GeFORCE 9600GT 250GB HDD SOUNDBLASTER AUDIGY SE

sthakker
x3tc

Cockpit Mod

Post by sthakker » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 17:52

I would gladly Pay Egosoft tuesday for a cockpit today.

I guess it has been said enough... But does this MOD work... Last I saw you couldnt dock with it in TC... Anyone using it?

mrjingo
x4

Post by mrjingo » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 21:05

it works... as long as you remember to change out of the cockpit view when docking at stations, changing sectors, and changing ships. Alot of the panels, lights, etc in the cockpits don't work also.

Stingads_Gsöchts
x4

Post by Stingads_Gsöchts » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 23:15

mrjingo wrote:it works... as long as you remember to change out of the cockpit view when docking at stations, changing sectors, and changing ships. Alot of the panels, lights, etc in the cockpits don't work also.
Meeeh, that sucks. I want a working mod. I want to buy TC :cry: .
Cockpits!

danimax
x3tc

Post by danimax » Thu, 27. Nov 08, 20:05

is anyone still working on the improvement of this mod?

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Thu, 27. Nov 08, 20:23

I suspect they are waiting to see if ES does anything to cure this issue in next patch :)
Egosoft Wiki

Kiwisdofly
x4

Post by Kiwisdofly » Thu, 27. Nov 08, 21:07

Honestly, I've gotten so used to switching to outside view for warp gates and docking that I don't even notice it anymore.

Arkblade
x4

Post by Arkblade » Fri, 28. Nov 08, 00:23

hi, The problem was not able to be solved though I tried variously from that. :(

I think that this problem can do nothing but wait for fix by EGOSoft.
Should I post this problem to Technical Support Forum?

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Fri, 28. Nov 08, 00:55

No as it is not an Egosoft feature.
Egosoft Wiki

Stingads_Gsöchts
x4

Post by Stingads_Gsöchts » Sun, 30. Nov 08, 23:21

I wonder if they see this problem as something that needs to be solved... Arethey aware of it at all?
Cockpits!

sthakker
x3tc

ya

Post by sthakker » Tue, 2. Dec 08, 03:57

I hope they address it in the patch. I dont know why you wouldnt be able to post this in the tech support forum. Egosoft said that they left the mods up to the cmminuity.. this should work.

Dark_MadMax
x3tc

Post by Dark_MadMax » Mon, 8. Dec 08, 04:09

Well patch is out . Is it fixed yet? Cause if not I think we need address it -make devs aware of the issue. Frankly this is ruining TC for me

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Mon, 8. Dec 08, 06:49

Dark_MadMax wrote:Well patch is out . Is it fixed yet? Cause if not I think we need address it -make devs aware of the issue. Frankly this is ruining TC for me
Being a lowly Steam customer (no patch yet) I can't say for certain, but my crystal ball indicates cockpits was a low to non-existant priority for Egosoft with 1.3 patch....so probably no fix is my guess - though I'd love to be wrong for once. :roll:

-[e1337e.weazel]-
x3tc

Post by -[e1337e.weazel]- » Mon, 8. Dec 08, 14:47

The Problem still exists. I´ve contacted Egosoft after the release of patch 1.3, because we are gonna make a great CP Mod and we have the same problems. This was the second Email to Egosoft about this bug, but i didn´t receive a answer yet.
***modified*** und stolz drauf
"Je dunkler der Keks, desto bunter die Seite!"
[ external image ]

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”