[discontinued] [MOD] CockpitCallback MOD v1.0(for v2.0+) 05/04/2009

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Stingads_Gsöchts
x4

Post by Stingads_Gsöchts » Sun, 30. Nov 08, 23:21

I wonder if they see this problem as something that needs to be solved... Arethey aware of it at all?
Cockpits!

sthakker
x3tc

ya

Post by sthakker » Tue, 2. Dec 08, 03:57

I hope they address it in the patch. I dont know why you wouldnt be able to post this in the tech support forum. Egosoft said that they left the mods up to the cmminuity.. this should work.

Dark_MadMax
x3tc

Post by Dark_MadMax » Mon, 8. Dec 08, 04:09

Well patch is out . Is it fixed yet? Cause if not I think we need address it -make devs aware of the issue. Frankly this is ruining TC for me

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Mon, 8. Dec 08, 06:49

Dark_MadMax wrote:Well patch is out . Is it fixed yet? Cause if not I think we need address it -make devs aware of the issue. Frankly this is ruining TC for me
Being a lowly Steam customer (no patch yet) I can't say for certain, but my crystal ball indicates cockpits was a low to non-existant priority for Egosoft with 1.3 patch....so probably no fix is my guess - though I'd love to be wrong for once. :roll:

-[e1337e.weazel]-
x3tc

Post by -[e1337e.weazel]- » Mon, 8. Dec 08, 14:47

The Problem still exists. I´ve contacted Egosoft after the release of patch 1.3, because we are gonna make a great CP Mod and we have the same problems. This was the second Email to Egosoft about this bug, but i didn´t receive a answer yet.
***modified*** und stolz drauf
"Je dunkler der Keks, desto bunter die Seite!"
[ external image ]

sthakker
x3tc

cOCKPIT MOD

Post by sthakker » Sat, 13. Dec 08, 03:20

What mod were you going to make for CP? This is still not fixed in 1.3 I still crash.. Actually I now crash when trying to save in a station. I guess I am going to shelve this game....

th0th
x4

Post by th0th » Sat, 13. Dec 08, 05:00

cockpit callback is an unofficial mod which someone ported from X3:R egosoft doesnt support cockpits, and if you had read the previous pages or even the OP they do list a workaround for that switch out of the cockpit view when not just flying, so like docking and such, or you'll CTD

sthakker
x3tc

Post by sthakker » Sat, 13. Dec 08, 20:22

Thanks thoth, I did not know how to read, so I skipped the previous pages. Fortunately thats a great workaround... When my car battery dies, instead of replacing it, I will just ask someone to give me a jump start everytime.

Unofficial Mod -- It worked great in X3:R and this is just one of the many issues.

StratonAce
x3

Post by StratonAce » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 05:18

How hard would it be, or would it even be possible for a script to automatically turn off the cockpit view just before docking or leaving a sector and thus avoid the CTDs?

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 06:14

StratonAce wrote:How hard would it be, or would it even be possible for a script to automatically turn off the cockpit view just before docking or leaving a sector and thus avoid the CTDs?
No, that won't work given the current situation. As soon as you specify a cockpit scene using the traditional method, you have already set up the crash condition. Probably this is intefering with the new Terran Conflict UI.

There's a couple of possible solutions. The first is wait for Egosoft to fix it. My guess is they are well aware of "broken" cockpits, and likely will remedy when they don't have other pressing matters to deal with.

Another possibility I mentioned earlier, and that's using the existing cockpit camera that you normaly view - except design an interior around it. For example, that's what I did for the interior lounge for my Passenger ship:

short movie

The same princible could be applied for Pilot sitting in seat looking out the front of the ship, or around instrument panel etc.

Anyway, food for thought. :wink:

Firedancer
x3

Post by Firedancer » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 23:32

sounds awesome - keep on going!
I sure wish you good luck with solving the ctd issues, getting this to work nicely and adding a set of working cockpits sure would make x3 twice as good to many of us here! :)

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Wed, 17. Dec 08, 02:38

Observe wrote:
StratonAce wrote:How hard would it be, or would it even be possible for a script to automatically turn off the cockpit view just before docking or leaving a sector and thus avoid the CTDs?
No, that won't work given the current situation. As soon as you specify a cockpit scene using the traditional method, you have already set up the crash condition. Probably this is intefering with the new Terran Conflict UI.

There's a couple of possible solutions. The first is wait for Egosoft to fix it. My guess is they are well aware of "broken" cockpits, and likely will remedy when they don't have other pressing matters to deal with.

Another possibility I mentioned earlier, and that's using the existing cockpit camera that you normaly view - except design an interior around it. For example, that's what I did for the interior lounge for my Passenger ship:

short movie

The same princible could be applied for Pilot sitting in seat looking out the front of the ship, or around instrument panel etc.

Anyway, food for thought. :wink:
Wow cool :)
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

pepperg
x3tc

Post by pepperg » Thu, 18. Dec 08, 06:52

been away for a few months and thought i'd check in to see how progress is going... seeing as i won't consider buying this until we have some good-looking cockpits

:(
SeagateBarracuda320GB 7200 SATA
LIANLI PC-7B plus II MidTower
EVGA GeForce8800GTX 768MB
Intel Core2Duo E6600Conroe 2.4GHz
CORSAIR 2GB DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
WDRaptor 150GB 10,000 RPM
EVGAnforce SLI 680imobo

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Thu, 18. Dec 08, 16:10

pepperg wrote:been away for a few months and thought i'd check in to see how progress is going... seeing as i won't consider buying this until we have some good-looking cockpits
I'm sure (almost) Egosoft will eventually provide ability for cockpits in TC. I believe the reason they (cockpits) are now "broken" is because of the new UI. Since TC really has nothing improved over X3-R (that various mods don't offer), I suggest you play X3-R with cockpit mod in the meantime. :)

Cuddly_Tomato
x3tc

Post by Cuddly_Tomato » Sun, 21. Dec 08, 19:12

amirite wrote:Egosoft probably would have had to bring in at least 2 additional talented 3D artists for this... plus at least one texture artist. Plus another coder to work on the (obvious) problems that arise from this feature. That's a lot of money for a smaller company like Egosoft. Better this is a mod community effort.
It is an important factor in the immersion of the game though. All games are ultimately about immersion, and the lack of a cockpit is a big achilles heel in this otherwise mighty franchise because each ship just doesn't *feel* different.

At the very least Egosoft should fix the CTD problem so the modders can make the cockpits.

Stingads_Gsöchts
x4

Post by Stingads_Gsöchts » Tue, 23. Dec 08, 03:16

Any news with the 1.4 update?

:( I won't buy the gamne until there are Cockpits 'grml*
Cockpits!

karljj1
x3tc

Post by karljj1 » Wed, 24. Dec 08, 13:29

The game still crashes with the 1.4 update, sorry :(

pme2001
x3tc

Post by pme2001 » Wed, 24. Dec 08, 14:04

Another case of Egosoft listening to the community! Not! Very Disappointed yet again!
XP SP3 AMD DC 4200+ 2GB RAM GeFORCE 9600GT 250GB HDD SOUNDBLASTER AUDIGY SE

StratonAce
x3

Post by StratonAce » Wed, 24. Dec 08, 15:52

Perhaps the mod just needs an update since the 1.4? One can hope. :(

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Wed, 24. Dec 08, 16:22

StratonAce wrote:Perhaps the mod just needs an update since the 1.4? One can hope. :(
As karljj1 confirmed:
kaljj1 wrote:The game still crashes with the 1.4 update, sorry
My guess/prediction/hope is Egosoft will eventually provide cockpit capability for TC once they are fully satisfied with TC base stability and functionality. :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”