[SCR] Numeric Race Rank Titles, Notoriety list with point values

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 13:10

I went to (r) the setup script and it still stayed as "0" for Strong Arms. In fact I alt-tabbed, made a small edit to the t file, went back to (r) the setup script and the minor edit was reflected (I changed Captain to Idiot and made it red text), but Strong Arms still remained as "0"!

I also tried removing every mod and script I had installed, reloaded the game and the "0" remained for Strong Arms...

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 17:04

I have no clue why it wouldn't work for you.
When I edit the SA titles, the changes are reflected in game.
It works and it doesn't depend on anything else. It alters the texts. That's it.

The typical things to suggest now would be to re-download / reinstall the script, reboot windows, sacrifice a chicken, and defrag. (in that order)
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 17:13

Yeah I haven't a clue. I can edit the other corp ranks (terracorp, FF) and it reflects the changes, but for Strong Arms it just keeps showing the strange thing.

lostsoulzeffigy
x4

Post by lostsoulzeffigy » Thu, 22. Oct 09, 23:49

is there any possible way to get this script to work w/o causing it to mark the game as 'modified'?

Just curious, am wanting to play through X3TC as vanilla and use the uplink feature...

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Fri, 23. Oct 09, 03:42

lostsoulzeffigy wrote:is there any possible way to get this script to work w/o causing it to mark the game as 'modified'?
The OP has directions for doing so if you read down far enough.

Blancho

Post by Blancho » Mon, 28. Dec 09, 15:21

OMG
It is possible to add Yaki Rep and Pirate ?

CreepyD
x4

Post by CreepyD » Mon, 15. Feb 10, 14:46

Is it this script that adds "Titles 0/30" at the top of the stats page above the ranks?
Also it says -4/0/11 next to that, but I have no idea what it means.
I've wanted to know for some time and assumed it was to do with this script.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 5. May 12, 10:48

Would it be possible to have an AP-compatible version ?

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Sat, 5. May 12, 13:51

copy and rename the t file 0003 and put it in the t folder in the addon folder
those UFOs you hear about are just what you tried to explaine to me going over my head
Advanced Complex-Hub you know you need it Catta Fett's D.O.G.S Vanilla safe mod collectionyou don't need them but you want them
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 5. May 12, 14:25

In fact, the problem was that I was playing with the french version. Switched to english, problem solved, sorry.
By the way, this script adds some interesting features : http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... ic&start=0

TomRobinson
x4

Post by TomRobinson » Wed, 23. May 12, 15:20

cattafett wrote:copy and rename the t file 0003 and put it in the t folder in the addon folder
but there are 3 t files, which one do you rename?

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Thu, 24. May 12, 02:12

TomRobinson wrote:
cattafett wrote:copy and rename the t file 0003 and put it in the t folder in the addon folder
but there are 3 t files, which one do you rename?
they are the same file but each is in a different language
the one ending in 44 is English
the one ending in 49 is German
and the one ending in 33 is french i think
pick a language and rename that one
those UFOs you hear about are just what you tried to explaine to me going over my head
Advanced Complex-Hub you know you need it Catta Fett's D.O.G.S Vanilla safe mod collectionyou don't need them but you want them
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

TomRobinson
x4

Post by TomRobinson » Thu, 24. May 12, 09:56

Awesome, thanks

zhukov032186
x3tc

Post by zhukov032186 » Sat, 16. Jun 12, 04:07

I'm sorry, I'm just starting to get my feet wet with this X3 modding thing. I'm using AP with XRM, of course.

So, I downloaded this. At a glance, it appears to be quite simple, and was only missing Terran/ATF rank info. So, I merged your stuff with a CAT (for ease of use with X3Ed2), transferred over the T/A ranks, extracted it back from the CAT, and proceed to copy the script/t directories into my addons folder.

It didn't work.

I checked the AP cat, noticed there were TWO sets of race ranks one EARLY in the file, and one LATER in the file. Noted that your data entries match the LATER set (implying to me that they should be "current"). As mentioned, I copied the Terran / ATF entries across directly.

Is the problem me, or the fact the script was intended for TC?

-edit I just noticed

rename the T-file from 7090-L044.xml to 0003-L044.xml

Would this solve the issue? I'm about to go try it and see...

-edit two

My file is not named either of those... Oopsie.

-edit three

I isolated the entries that were in use via the VFS and overwrote them manually with my stuff. Problem solved.

cryptonite1
x4

Post by cryptonite1 » Tue, 25. Jun 13, 15:35

just switched from the "khaak, pirate, yaki" one to this one cus that one have an issue of using xenon ranks in corporation ranks, well

seems to be working fine, but just can anyone explain to me whats the

"Titles: 0 / 30, Ranks: -4 / 0 / 11"

just above my fight/trade ranks?

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Tue, 25. Jun 13, 15:48

cryptonite1 wrote:just switched from the "khaak, pirate, yaki" one to this one cus that one have an issue of using xenon ranks in corporation ranks, well
there is a fixed version of that. look at last couple of pages of that thread.
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

cryptonite1
x4

Post by cryptonite1 » Tue, 25. Jun 13, 16:05

yea, i saw that discussion, but cannot really understand what to do since im a total noob at scripting and such, just using player created scripts to make game time more fun...so decided to switch...

so anyone know anyhting about the

Titles: 0 / 30, Ranks: -4 / 0 / 11

above my fight/trade ranks?

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Tue, 25. Jun 13, 16:24

cryptonite1 wrote:Titles: 0 / 30, Ranks: -4 / 0 / 11

above my fight/trade ranks?
information maybe? idk
telling you that ranks fight/trade ranks go from 0 to 30, and race ranks go from -4 to 11...

you don't have to be a modder.
fucstef wrote:I changed the text IDs from 900 to 1300 (including MD file)and get it to work.

http://xapmods.funpic.de/RankingXKPYAP3.0.zip

It workes for new games. For existing games with the previous script version the xenon ranking needs to be refreshed (value needs to change). I did it by using a notoriety script. I will try to check this on the weekend how it can be done without this additional script. But so far with the additional script, the display values are working.
download and install, just like before.
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

cryptonite1
x4

Post by cryptonite1 » Tue, 25. Jun 13, 16:49

ah ok, thanks a lot, ill go try it out

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”