Tutorial : Opening The Script Editor

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Roadglide03
x3tc

Post by Roadglide03 » Fri, 11. Mar 11, 16:39

:? I am not able to activate the script editor on X3 TC for Mac OS X. I tried the method described for PC's but no success. What is the method for activating for the X3 TC version on OS X????

yugiboy
x4

confused vanilla?

Post by yugiboy » Fri, 29. Apr 11, 19:03

hi I am new to moding and so I downloaded your editor program. I have got the SE going on my game but when I try to add a script package it say I am still using "vanilla" . how do I get to a "non-vanilla" state in the game?

HotSake
x3tc

Re: confused vanilla?

Post by HotSake » Fri, 29. Apr 11, 19:51

yugiboy wrote:hi I am new to moding and so I downloaded your editor program. I have got the SE going on my game but when I try to add a script package it say I am still using "vanilla" . how do I get to a "non-vanilla" state in the game?
This is a question for the Plugin Manager thread, as I assume from your question that that's what you're really talking about. Regardless, the answer is to check the PM menus for an option to switch to "Modified" mode.

spoidz
x3tc

Post by spoidz » Tue, 26. Jul 11, 02:54

Sorry if wrong thread but this one has a picture of the Script editor window.

Is the Script editor Version changing with each patch? I'm on 3.1 and my editor window is showing version 44.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 26. Jul 11, 19:33

not6 every version but the short easy answer is yes, nowt to worry about

abinas

Post by abinas » Sun, 28. Aug 11, 07:11

I can't seem to get this to work no matter what I do. it just changes my name to Thereshallbewings and that's all. I am using X3 balance mod and mars, my game is patched to 3.1, does anyone have any ideas? saving and reloading has no effect, I am totally without a clue :?

Edit: Got it working, reinstalled and made sure all nonessential prgrms were off, started new game reloaded and typed the code. not sure what was wrong with it.

monze
x4

Post by monze » Mon, 17. Oct 11, 14:08

I decided to play the Terran Conflict after having played the other games. I typed "Thereshallbewings" program froze for a few seconds... all good. Docked and saved game and exited. Loaded same game initialized the editor...got all the green typing as it initialized... all good... docked and saved game. Checked personel, it says down the bottom *modified* all good. Steam said that the game came with previously loaded moded scripts..can't find them in the ships command consol... just the navigation command bar. Soooo decided to try the plugin manager...it says the game is still vanilla...Now I am stumped.

Problem solved thanks to JoelR .. Thank you
Last edited by monze on Mon, 17. Oct 11, 15:00, edited 1 time in total.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Mon, 17. Oct 11, 14:38

monze wrote:I decided to play the Terran Conflict after having played the other games. I typed "Thereshallbewings" program froze for a few seconds... all good. Docked and saved game and exited. Loaded same game initialized the editor...got all the green typing as it initialized... all good... docked and saved game. Checked personel, it says down the bottom *modified* all good. Steam said that the game came with previously loaded moded scripts..can't find them in the ships command consol... just the navigation command bar. Soooo decided to try the plugin manager...it says the game is still vanilla...Now I am stumped.
You have to set the PM to Modified:

Settings>Mode>Modified

monze
x4

Post by monze » Mon, 17. Oct 11, 14:59

joelR... put me out of my misery...shoot me.. .just found it...Thank you...

Dant12

Post by Dant12 » Tue, 24. Jan 12, 14:51

I must be doing something wrong, please help!

I just installed AP and have played TC and Reunion before.

I installed my favorite scripts before starting a new game, unlocked script editor and reinited the script cache, but for some reason I can't set hotkeys for the scripts actions.

What needs to be done? Is this normal in AP? How do I use the scripts without hotkeys?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”