[Script] Medusa Rapid Fire Missile Interface 1.4 19/7/10 [Overhall&EMP Fix]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rate The Plugin

5/5
49%
4/5
8%
3/5
5%
2/5
No votes
1/5
1%
I have cream and tissues at the side of my bed
38%

Total votes: 150

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

[Script] Medusa Rapid Fire Missile Interface 1.4 19/7/10 [Overhall&EMP Fix]

Post by LV » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 23:54

See The Plugin In Action
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

TC {EMP} needed!!!

===================
Medusa Link

[ external image ]

Imperial Library Scripts Must be installed

===============

Description : Plugin which offers multiple enemy targeting and attack commands
Version : 1.4 TC
Date : 19/7/10
Author : LV

The Medusa Interface is available from Paranid Equipment Docks for just over 1 million credits. Once a ship is equipped you will gain "Fire Medusa" | "Fire Medusa Single target" Commands in any of your ships Combat Menu that have the interface installed.

At Paranid Military Outposts you can also buy ECM Charges.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
______________________-
4 Commands are now available

[ external image ]

Fire Medusa Single Target : Fires the selected amount of your installed missile at your target ship or station

Fire Medusa Multiple Target : Fires 1 installed missile (hotkey mode) at every enemy ship within 10k. With the interface command you can fire more than one missile at all ships.

Deploy ECM : If you have ECM Countermeasures you can take out any incoming missile within 3k of your ship.

Medusa Holographic Interface : Purchased from Split Equipment docks for the sum of 9 million credits you ship can also engage the Holographic Missile Interface when attacking ships

The "Fire Medusa" and "ECM Counter Measure" commands are also available via Hotkey from your main Interface once programmed

Fire Medusa

Choosing this command will fire whatever missile you currently have installed at all incoming enemy ships within a 10k radius. Choosing this option via the Combat menu will require you to set a Yield, If the yield is 1 then only one missile is fired at each ship, if the Yield is 5 then 5 missiles will be fired at each ship.

Using the hotkey will fire 1 missile by default at every enemy ship within 10k of your ship. If you have disruptor class missiles installed the range is 20k

Your ships RSS feed will show what your targeting
[ external image ]

Fire Medusa Single Target

Using this command you can specify a station or ship and your medusa interface will fire the specified amount of installed missiles at that target

If you have ever seen a Race response Bomber in action you will see what Medusa is capable of Wink

Fire Medusa Multiple Targets

This command best used via hotkey will fire a missile at each ship, you can specify the amount of missiles to be fired at all enemy ships within 20k and is also now bound into Auto-ECM and The Medusa Holoface

ECM

Found in Paranid Equipment Docks ECM chaffs will target any missile within 3 k of you ship and cause it to self destruct.

Medusa Holographic Interface

For 9 million credits in split equipment docks the new Holoface will fire holographic missiles at any enemy ship which has turrets fitting. It the ship has 1 turret it will fire one missile, if it has 18 then 18 missiles will be launched.

For a short period they will spoof the turrets of enemy ships meaning your more destructive missiles have a better % chance of reaching their target.

The Holoface once engaged takes a short time to cool before it can be fired again.

Hotkey

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Enjoy Smile

-----------------------------------------------
1.3 overhall info

massive back end recoding,
signals moved to secondary,
separation of hotkeys for holoface,
upgraded firing and ecm mechanisms
3 ECM fabs built
(oh and i may have spent most of my time binding it into the AI to use :) )

< doesn't sound much but i've been playing about with this on and off for 18 months since the last version

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Install:

Extract with Cycrows Plugin Manager

On installing the following option will be in your AL Menu
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Uninstall: Set the plugin to off in your AL menu and leave it for a good while. once the commands have gone you should be fine to delete.

[ external image ]

(language files)

8815-L044.xml

COMMAND_Fight_346
COMMAND_Fight_347
COMMAND_Fight_348

EMP Wares

<t id="10363">Medusa RFM Interface</t>
<t id="10293">ECM Counter Measure</t>
<t id="10393">Medusa Holographic Generator</t>
Last edited by LV on Mon, 19. Jul 10, 20:37, edited 15 times in total.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

1Prophecy
x3tc

Post by 1Prophecy » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 08:09

Fantastic work, LV. :D

Sartorie
x3tc

Post by Sartorie » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 08:17

love it :twisted:

p.s. you probably should remove the "mailto:" in the AD link ;)

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 10:57

what mailto???

Q:

Which should I build into Medusa

1. Mossy Missile Defence (already done so why re-invent the wheel)
2. ECM. For an energy and or shield cost will destruct missiles very close to your ship
LV's TC Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

Sartorie
x3tc

Post by Sartorie » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 11:29

the link www.after-domination.net/LV/x3tc/medusa.htm reads as mailto:www.after-domination.net/LV/x3tc/medusa.htm - was pretty suprised as my mail client popped up ;)

2. ECM sounds like an idea :)

edit LV

ta fixed, somehow forgetting the "http://" part in the link made it a mailto??

Feral_Squirrel
x3tc

Post by Feral_Squirrel » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 01:51

Perhaps I'm being a bit daft, but would it be possible for the script to be modified with another hotkey to be able to fire the Medusa at a single target instead of just everything?

Either that or a menu allowing you to choose what the original hotkey does, multiple or single fire and options for the yield quantity.

Regardless of if you do or don't, it's a cracking script that I've found highly useful. Well done. :wink:

Marodeur
xr

Post by Marodeur » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 11:50

Hi LV, cant wait to buy a M7M. :twisted:

I have translated the t-file and the readme into german. Do you want to integrate it into your download or shall i make a new thread in the german board?

Greetings

1Prophecy
x3tc

Post by 1Prophecy » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 12:26

LV, I keep getting a 'Medusa enabled' message popping up on my screen. It's not killing the experience, but I'd be nice to get rid of.

-Sumo-
x4

Post by -Sumo- » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 13:52

ciao LV, i translated the script in Italian.
how can i send you the *.xml file?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 21:47

updated

fixed :

msg stating enabled gone

ECM system no introduced

Single target hotkey

LV's Terran Conflict Script Index

see this or OP for more info

Feral_Squirrel
x3tc

Post by Feral_Squirrel » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 23:15

LV, as always, manages to appease the masses. Well done chap. :)

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 00:53

Might I make a small superficial suggestion (I made a MRLS script on x3 as well :P)Add a tid bit to the script that makes the ship target each ship it fires at in turn, then return to the original target

*at the start*
$target.original = $get player target

*in the loop*
i.e. If SHIP = PLAYERSHIP
set playertarget as $victim (Or what ever your script uses*
fire missile
endif

*At the end,
set playertarget as $target.original

It looks really cool as it cycles all the targets as it fires.

1Prophecy
x3tc

Post by 1Prophecy » Sun, 26. Oct 08, 02:45

LV, would it be possible to make a version of this suitable for automating the function on other ships? A fleet of M7Ms all operating to full efficiency would be absolutely fearsome. :twisted:

Something like 'select of available missiles ahead of time [Amount listed], set missile affinity #/target or #/second -> [fly in with M7 fleet, conquer]'

mrscribbler
x3tc

Post by mrscribbler » Tue, 28. Oct 08, 01:42

First, I used to love this script in Reunion during Xenon Invasion missions.

Ok, haven't tried this yet, but I want to know a couple of things that most others here don't seem to care about one way or another.

Is it balanced? That is, do you take into account the cycle time for a given missile/launchers? Now, the reason I never had a problem with it in Reunion was because using anything but mosquito missiles was so expensive outside of XIs. I know that it's probably not a huge concern for many, but if Medusa works like it did in Reunion, it could very well be an I win button given TC's mission rewards and you use any of the Friend or Foe recognition missiles.

That's why I suppose I'd like to see this script with some brakes on. And, if you're of a mind to do it, here's a couple of ways to work this.
  • Have a max number of missiles that can be shot at the same time for each launcher on the ship. Put in a slight delay between each missile. That way, you can fire up to a maximum of (number of missiles) x (number of launchers) at a time, which they unload with a slight delay for each volley (even if it's a volley of 1).
  • Like above, but include a restocking time for the quick-launch racks -- that is, check since the last time the command was used or the missiles were changed, and determine how many missiles would be available in the launch racks. Complicated in that you've got to keep an eye on several variables there.
And with those limitation, the other question is -- now that you've put in ECM, how about Medusa enabled NPCs?

1Prophecy
x3tc

Post by 1Prophecy » Tue, 28. Oct 08, 04:27

Scribbler, the mod was designs for missile frigates they don't even normally have a refire penalty.

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Tue, 28. Oct 08, 04:40

You know I never used this in X3R as I did not really see a need. The AI just was not ever really up to the task I thought.

In TC things seem to have changed and I keep getting my rear handed to me... So I decided to try the Medusa for the first time ever... Awesome my man, awesome. Now I STILL get my rear handed to me BUT at least I take down more than one of them with me! LOL

In TC this script is an absolute must when you get a fleet coming at you.. It is great for clearing out M4 and M5's so you can concentrate on M6 and above in your fighting. My only problem is remembering to change to a missile that is fast enough for fighters AND that will not blow me to pieces if it detonates at launch.
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

Still
x4

Post by Still » Mon, 3. Nov 08, 06:41

Is there any way to have the targeting discriminate by ship class? (i.e. fire missles at m6's only)

Alex Vanderbilt
Winner X3 Sektorquest
x3tc

Post by Alex Vanderbilt » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 15:33

As far as I could say no. There are just, as written in the initial post, options for Fire all or Fire one Target.

But you could use Tempest Missiles which are searching for the next enemy themselfes and you will not waste much money and material in One-shot-One-Hit-Missiles. This is really impressive and effective when you use Fire all.

AV

lordlexus
x3tc

Post by lordlexus » Mon, 10. Nov 08, 18:13

Hi there. Sorry if this is a stupid question. lol. Will this script work on your AI controlled ship on its own or is it only for your own personal ship?
q6600 (@3ghz)
4 gb ram
8800gtx
40" LCD @1920x1080 (yeah, thats right!)

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 10. Nov 08, 21:18

it works on all, other ships require you to use the command in the combat menu though, hotkeys are playership only
LV's TC Scripts

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”