[Script] Medusa Rapid Fire Missile Interface 1.4 19/7/10 [Overhall&EMP Fix]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rate The Plugin

5/5
49%
4/5
8%
3/5
5%
2/5
No votes
1/5
1%
I have cream and tissues at the side of my bed
38%

Total votes: 150

Craeshen
x4

Post by Craeshen » Mon, 5. Jan 09, 02:52

what about so called chaff torpedo's or sub munitions torpedo's add it as a custom missile fab come up with slick name for them ,etc.

But the basic idea is an enlarged power reduced version of the firestorm torpedo that spawns a series of 0 damage decoys that are ever so slightly faster than the main missile.

Enemies turrets have too play whack a mole and might hit the torpedo or the decoys.

Mix in a swarm missile or 2 and you might even start too give mars some headaches.

The Genius thing is for decoys the torpedo could just spawn 0 damage 80 speed mosquitoes.

Every X seconds after launch the torpedo launches a decoy or 2 upto a total of 6.

Madals

Post by Madals » Wed, 7. Jan 09, 22:56

Hey LV,
i am having some issues with the script. I got it because it looks amazing and i was thought there would be something like this already considering bombers etc.
However, i used the plugin manager to install it (along with EMP, MARS and CY's cheat package).
Mars is working fine so is the cheat package. Medusa isnt.
When i started a new game (custom game, x-universe) just before it finishes loading a voice says "medusa" then a second or two pause "loaded" and the loading screen disappears and game stars.
In the AI settings i can enable/disable it so ofc enabled it. Hotkeys could be assigned. However, the actual meduser ware isnt at any equipment dock nor is medusca holographic interface. Even tried "Add any ware" command in the cheat mod, its not in the list. MARS is in the list.
(i have downloaded it twice, so it wasnt a bad download. I am using Vista home premium. DVD X3:TC. tried different loads etc etc etc.)

Could you PM me the answer as to why it isnt working? (i have downloaded it twice, so it wasnt a bad download. I am using Vista home premium. DVD X3:TC. )

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 8. Jan 09, 00:30

Madals

remove it and re-install it

i'd also suggest you use the unpacked version to make sure the scripts and t files are installed to the correct locations

Madals

Post by Madals » Thu, 8. Jan 09, 15:38

LV wrote:Madals

remove it and re-install it

i'd also suggest you use the unpacked version to make sure the scripts and t files are installed to the correct locations
Removed it and re-installed it twice, tested same thing happend. New game each time as it loaded while load screen is up it says "meducer" then when the gameplay shows same voice says "ready". Isnt anywhere in the equpment list tho.

Tried using the unpack version aswell, same thing, the ware just doesnt exist.

Is there anything else i can do or info you need?
Madals

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 8. Jan 09, 16:01

do you have TC {EMP} installed?

Madals

Post by Madals » Thu, 8. Jan 09, 17:35

LV wrote:do you have TC {EMP} installed?
uhuh. Installed it with plugin manager, I assume its working considering i can get MARS in the list of items. Or does MARS not use EMP?
If MARS doesnt use it, is there another way i can test it is working properly?

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 8. Jan 09, 18:58

MARS is a pure script. Always works.

MEDUSA requires a mod.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Madals

Post by Madals » Thu, 8. Jan 09, 22:12

Gazz wrote:MARS is a pure script. Always works.

MEDUSA requires a mod.
EDIT:
re-installed EMP, working now.

A question however, I have added hotkeys for the fire at multiple and fire at single. Is there a limit on how many missiles you can fire at once? I keep getting command rejected when i have a target selected and use the fire single hotkey, and sometimes it will let me fire 90, other times will reject 1. Is there a reason for that?
Madals

G.Org
x4

Post by G.Org » Thu, 8. Jan 09, 23:44

i need some help:
have installed the medusa script and the emp script.
althogh the AL option for medusa is enabled and i got the short keys for medusa fire orders i cant find any medus interface in the paranid EQs. the ECMs arent there too...

game is
TC 1.4 modified
plugin installer 2.02 beta6
scripts:
emp mod pack
FCC
ship killed notifications
comunity plugin configuration
satellite early warning network
improved boarding
medusa
"Fairy tales are more than true — not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten."
- G. K. Chesterton -

Madals

Post by Madals » Fri, 9. Jan 09, 00:04

G.Org wrote:i need some help:
have installed the medusa script and the emp script.
althogh the AL option for medusa is enabled and i got the short keys for medusa fire orders i cant find any medus interface in the paranid EQs. the ECMs arent there too...
medusa
If you used the plugin manager to install EMP then thats your problem. I had exactly the same until i manually installed EMP, then it worked :)

Madals

Post by Madals » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 15:44

LV, are there some missiles Medusa doesnt work with?
For some reason (i cant find a pattern to it yet) some ships/missiles wont fire at single. It just says command rejected.

Any idea's?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 11. Jan 09, 11:35

tell me the missile and ship type trying to fire any i'll take a look

Tim-O
x3tc

Post by Tim-O » Sat, 31. Jan 09, 23:17

Hi,

i just installed MEDUSA and everything went ok, but when I tried it in a pirate sector after buying the RFM interface I was destroyed. Later, i loaded a save I made after the script was installed but before I purchased the ware from a paranid equipment dock. Surprisedly, I was able to use the hotkeys without having the interface on board.
The commands didn't show up in the console, however.

Another thing that keeps annoying me: I don't want to use the holo missiles because they're too much of a cheat for me. Whenever I fire a medusa, a message pops up and tells me I don't have the holo interface installed. I find this pretty needless because there is no extra key for the holo missiles and I know that I don't have it installed anyway.

Hope I could help finding some bugs.

Btw: running TC1.4, EMP as mod and having some other scripts installed that shouldn't interfere (MARS, RingOfFire, a utility script by Lucike, ...)

LarryBurstyn
x4

Problem

Post by LarryBurstyn » Tue, 24. Feb 09, 23:32

I got a problem. I download the EMP mod and Medusa scripts and I still cannot get it to work. I see the Medusa ECM module in the list of stuff I can add to my ship via the cheat script but not anything else. I see a BLANK line in the Paranoid and Split Equipment Docks with no price or quanity. Perhaps one of the other things I have loaded is preventing the ware from being available.
Medusa Rapid FIre Missile Interface 1.2 TC (via spk)

Loaded via X Plugin Manager v2.20 (beta 6) (XTC)
Advanced Hyper Drive 1.6
ATF Shipyard v.3
Bulk Transporter Upgrade 1.15
Cheat Collection Package 1.41
Cmod3 for Terran Conflict 4.2
Collect Wares in Sector 1.0
Community Plugin Configuration 1.10
Compare Ships 1.0
Debris Utilize and Repair 3
Explorer Command Extension 1.2
Improved Boarding 1.1
No Civilian Mode 1.4
OTAS Shipyard 2
Salvage Claim Software 1.00
Ship Killed Notifications 1.0.3
Wing Command Equip Like Extention/Fix .03

Custom Wares listed by X Plugin Manager includes Medusa ECM, Medusa Interface, and Salvage Claim Software. (I make sure the .cat/.dat file from this are present before I play).

Loaded directly into X3 Terrain Conflict Directory areas:

Grax Remove Rocks
MARS 4.25
Numeric Ranks
Commodity Logistics 1 & 2
Prospector 3.1.0.1
Mosquito Defense by Xai
Complex Cleaner 3.42
EST (modified Universe Trader)
Super Tractor
Dock TS
Sector Takeover 25alpha07

Any help would be appreciated...

Edit to make it clear that the Medusa ECM is only seen in the Cheat Script menu.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 24. Feb 09, 23:44

turn it off for seta 10m and turn it on again via the AL options

come back if that doesn't work

LarryBurstyn
x4

Problem

Post by LarryBurstyn » Wed, 25. Feb 09, 15:52

Well I tried turning it off in AI menu setting SETA to run for at least 10 minutes and then turning it back on in AI and SETA again for some time (more than 10 minutes). After a few minutes I got verbal message that Medusa was installed (actually two messages one for ECM and the one other??).

However the wares are still not available at either the Split or Paranoid Equipment Docks--however, there is a blank line with no price listed. Checked the cheat list of available wares and they are not in the list. (note Medusa ECM shows up on my ship in the ware section but not in ware/software list and it does not work). The hotkeys are present in the hotkey setup section (4 hotkeys).

I checked the X Plugin Manager .cat files and they are listed (last items in two different files). I note that the SCS extension is also listed in the .cat files but now it also does not show up in the wares/software list of the cheat script or in the equipment docks. Could this be a problem with the EMP mod??

Nothv13

Post by Nothv13 » Fri, 27. Feb 09, 04:46

I am having the same problem as Larry. I've reinstalled both EMP and the Medusa plugin and other suggested methods and still no sign of the actual wares being in game.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 27. Feb 09, 10:40

did you install emp manually and rename it (as shown in the emp thread) or via the plugin manager, iirc installing with the PM causes problems

Nothv13

Post by Nothv13 » Fri, 27. Feb 09, 15:28

did it manually.

LarryBurstyn
x4

Did it manually.

Post by LarryBurstyn » Fri, 27. Feb 09, 16:17

I also did it manually.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”