[SCRIPT] Satalite Early Warning Network : V1.22 : 03/06/2009

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 1. Aug 13, 03:01

I don't know about uninstallation but, if you turn off all of the satellites, then the script will not have much to do. If you have performance issues, then use fewer satellites.

shabitz
x4

Post by shabitz » Thu, 1. Aug 13, 03:13

I'll try disabling the satellites then uninstall but I did forget to mention after I disabled it yesterday at home. I did notice that I was still getting voice reports and some odd reports like ship needs assistance in ... , that shoudln't have been happening if the mod was disabled right?

shabitz
x4

Post by shabitz » Thu, 1. Aug 13, 03:21

DrBullwinkle wrote:I don't know about uninstallation but, if you turn off all of the satellites, then the script will not have much to do. If you have performance issues, then use fewer satellites.
Thank you thank you! I re-enabled it and went into the mod unlinked and basically turned all options to disable and the ship stutter during regular flying in SETA is gone. I'll probably leave it installed but doubt I'll use it much. Love the concept but for my current machine its just not practical.

The SEWN custom wings still exist but I don't think that's a problem never can have too many wings.

jacorem

SEWN not localized

Post by jacorem » Wed, 20. Aug 14, 02:17

Hi all!
I love this mod/script, but I have a problem: I'm using the Italian version of the game, and I got LOTS of command hidden behind some "Readtext 9601-XY" code (X and Y are two digits), I think because I'm using the localize version of the game. I used the "X-Universe plugin manger advance" software to install the plugin, and I cannot find any archive with all the files to look for the (presumably missing) 9601-XY file to put in my game folder. Anyone can help?

Nicoman35
x3tc

Re: SEWN not localized

Post by Nicoman35 » Wed, 20. Aug 14, 08:36

jacorem wrote:Hi all!
I love this mod/script, but I have a problem: I'm using the Italian version of the game, and I got LOTS of command hidden behind some "Readtext 9601-XY" code (X and Y are two digits), I think because I'm using the localize version of the game. I used the "X-Universe plugin manger advance" software to install the plugin, and I cannot find any archive with all the files to look for the (presumably missing) 9601-XY file to put in my game folder. Anyone can help?
This is because the italian translation (inside file ..\gamefolder\t\9601-L039.xml) of the mod has not been actualized. Use the enlish file (..\gamefolder\t\9601-L044.xml) to add missing texts in the itallian file: Simply open both files with a text viewer - I recomend Notepad++.
Have a look at the structure, and you will be able to translate missing parts in 10 minutes.

jacorem

Re: SEWN not localized

Post by jacorem » Wed, 20. Aug 14, 11:51

Nicoman35 wrote: This is because the italian translation (inside file ..\gamefolder\t\9601-L039.xml) of the mod has not been actualized. Use the enlish file (..\gamefolder\t\9601-L044.xml) to add missing texts in the itallian file: Simply open both files with a text viewer - I recomend Notepad++.
Have a look at the structure, and you will be able to translate missing parts in 10 minutes.
thanks a lot!!!!!! Actualy, I don't mind about italian, so I think that i will just copy the entire file

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Wed, 5. Nov 14, 20:46

xyla16 wrote:There's a bug sending a blank unknown message each time a satellite in the network is getting destroyed. The cause of the problem is the "[ ]" showing the log book when a satellite is destroyed.

Anyone think it's possible to remove those "[ ]" off the satellite name?
Where should I start?

Maybe there's a way to turn off the message for satellite only?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!!
I have the exact same problem, I'm surprised nobody else is complaining or providing a fix already. Essentially, if you have ANY ship (satellites included) with [] (brackets) in their name, if the ship needs to send you a message (ex. if you have "notify when order completed" or if it gets destroyed) then you get an empty message "from Unknown". If that's a ship destruction message (which are very important), you don't even get the sector where the ship/satellite was destroyed so now you have to check all the sectors were you got SAWN warning messages lately and see where it's missing.

This is a bug and should be fixed. An easy fix is to change the code to not rename satellites to "Advanced Satellite [SEWN]" but to use (), like this "Advanced Satellite (SEWN)". I'll probably start looking into the script code and do this change myself if nobody comes up with it but I don't really understand why nobody else is complaining and this issue isn't fixed already. Maybe it doesn't affect everyone? (I run X3:TC latest version with Xtended 2.2a)

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Thu, 13. Nov 14, 00:45

Well, I couldn't stand the broken empty "Unknown" messages when SEWN satellites get destroyed anymore so I used a script editor and changed the SEWN scripts to use () instead of []. Seems to be working (tried it for a few minutes) but I'll play a couple of days with it before I think it's stable. If anyone is interested of this (very simple) change let me know.

Valhalla Awaits

Post by Valhalla Awaits » Mon, 20. Apr 15, 00:00

Quite the necro here, but the mod has been giving me CONSTANT false "claimable ships in sector" reports, and they are totally random sectors with ZERO claimable ships in them when I check.

Guessing this mod is just too old and no longer working correctly, which is a damn shame, as it would be a great mod if it worked correctly.

Using the X3TC version, and using it with the X-tended mod, no other real scripts being used other than turret mods.

I've disabled the claimable ships part of the mod in the meantime, as the enemy warning system still seems to work thankfully, so not a totally useless mod still.

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Mon, 20. Apr 15, 10:16

After you get a report, do you try using something like Salvage Command Suite to scan the galaxy for derelicts? SCS also lets you change the amount of time before some npc claims the ship (which essentially makes it vanish instantly, there's no little npc ship going out and getting it, works more like the GoD engine).
bibo ergo sum

vivre
x3tc

Post by vivre » Wed, 19. Sep 18, 15:52

Hi Cycrow,

I had some questions about the differences between the Bonus Pack version (v1.21) and the one available via the Package Browser in the Plugin Manager (v1.22)

I already had the bonus pack version installed - but when I saw that v1.22 was available in the Package Browser I went ahead and installed it, believing it was a newer version. But I see now, after coming across this forum thread, you say to just use the bonus pack version if running AP (which is a bit confusing since the package browser appears to offer a newer version than the one included in the Bonus Pack)

So now I'm going to try and downgrade to the Bonus Pack version, but I am concerned that this will cause problems for my save game already in progress. Specifically:
  • - Bonus Pack version has several files that are not in v1.22. Also, Bonus Pack scripts are all in pck format whereas 1.22 scripts are in XML, so both versions were installed side by side. Does this also mean that both versions were running simultaneously? or does the game prioritize running the .pck files over the XML? (or vice versa)

- If I were to uninstall the 1.22 XML scripts and leave the bonus pack pck scripts in place, will it cause problems with my save files (e.g. broken, derelict data building up) or will 1.21 gracefully pick things up?

- What exactly has changed between versions 1.21 and 1.22? I tried to compare them myself, but it is difficult because they don't both use the same files and because all the comments are stripped from the pck files.
Any guidance you can give would be appreciated, thanks in advance

EDIT:
Would it be possible to get the version that was included in the bonus pack separately so that all the comments are intact for easier comparison?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 20. Sep 18, 13:36

The difference between 1.21 and 1.22 was a broken script in the package. Basically it was jsut repackaged.

The bonus pack version doesn't use that file, so it makes no difference, although, technically it was based of 1.22.

as for the pck/xml files. The pck files are just packed (zipped) version of xml files. If you have both pck and xml files, then the game will only load the pck version

vivre
x3tc

Post by vivre » Mon, 24. Sep 18, 00:40

Ok, thank you for the clarification. In that case, it looks like the v1.22 xml files were all ignored in favor of the bonus pack version's spk files, so I can safely remove v1.22 without issue.

Thanks again, Cycrow :)

captaincosmos
x4

Re: [SCRIPT] Satalite Early Warning Network : V1.22 : 03/06/2009

Post by captaincosmos » Fri, 10. Feb 23, 06:50

I have a question about the way this system works.

Is there anyway to configure this network to ONLY detect claimable ships and nothing else? Like it won't detect enemies and such?

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Thu, 16. Feb 23, 12:59

captaincosmos wrote:
Fri, 10. Feb 23, 06:50
Is there anyway to configure this network to ONLY detect claimable ships and nothing else? Like it won't detect enemies and such?
Not possible AFAIK

captaincosmos
x4

Post by captaincosmos » Wed, 22. Feb 23, 10:35

Nicoman35 wrote:
Thu, 16. Feb 23, 12:59
captaincosmos wrote:
Not possible AFAIK
Thank you.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Wed, 22. Feb 23, 20:34

I made a fork where you can call an overview of the current enemy activity. There is an option where you can see abandoned ships, if they are within the controlled space of a satellite. But there is no message or acoustical warning.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 24. Feb 23, 15:21

captaincosmos wrote:

This cant be done in this version, its only possible in the FL version

captaincosmos
x4

Post by captaincosmos » Mon, 27. Mar 23, 03:04

Cycrow wrote:
Fri, 24. Feb 23, 15:21
captaincosmos wrote:

FL? What's FL?

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Mon, 27. Mar 23, 09:02

captaincosmos wrote:
Mon, 27. Mar 23, 03:04
Cycrow wrote:
Fri, 24. Feb 23, 15:21
captaincosmos wrote:

FL? What's FL?
FL
viewforum.php?f=199

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”