[Discussion/FAQ] What are the recommended scripts&mods? Ask here.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Tue, 30. Jun 09, 10:49

I think every player has their own gaps or deficiencies they would like filled or corrected after playing with the game for abit. Then and only then should they come here to hunt for hopefully a fix that someone else already thought of.

One person's meat is another person's poison. Good examples are scripts one considers "cheats" while the same script is deemed "cool" by others or say "u can't cheat in singleplayer games" etc.

As far as mods (not scripts) go, I recommend some form of UI mod (slightly unclutters the UI), some form of engine trail mod (colourful trails), a lower-poly roid mod (as the vanilla roids have alot of polygons which some find to be superfluous), and if u build complexes, the tubeless complex mod.

As for scripts, if u like alot of automation, look at all of Lucike's scripts. If u want to improve the AI, look at Gazz's work. If u want general improvements to some clunky vanilla behaviour look at Cycrow's stuff. If you want lots more stuff to do or more flavour in ur game look at LV's creations. Not to mention the great works by others here filling in the gaps here and there.

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Tue, 30. Jun 09, 13:08

my ship rebalance mod of course! (link in the sig)

and Cmod3 is another nice addition, but trasforms your game in something different, yours is the choice.... better or worse?

MARS Turrret script is fundamental... when all AI ships have it... all your enemies on Capitals will be tough cookies. (as they should)

go find AI Ammo Cheat from Gazz... fixes the annoying problems with enemies that have only 2 crates of ammo. (it is not a cheat... :D )

FCC (factory complex constructor) is another very very useful one. it is just what the station positioning should be in Vanilla.

as Arcana said Gazz made some very useful scripts that fix some of the AI uber-dumbness, like the OOS rebalance...
Trade, Fight, Build, Think, Modify.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock
SIDE/TOP/FRONT Ship Size Comparison
Remember young Padawan: money stolen can be, time cannot.

ILoveReefer
x3tc

Post by ILoveReefer » Tue, 30. Jun 09, 20:51

Thanks for the advice. So far I downloaded the X plugin manager, EST, CAG, and FCC. I'll hold off on the others untill I progress a little further. Your advice is much appreciated. Thanks

Nabobalis
x3tc

Post by Nabobalis » Tue, 30. Jun 09, 21:38

Any Chance of a community mod that incorporates most of the new scripts/mod into one?

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Wed, 1. Jul 09, 05:28

Slim, since everyone wants different things.

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Wed, 1. Jul 09, 20:19

The DDTC mod for XTC is currently in betatesting, and is now about a month away from its first general release. It introduces 70 new custom ships, 3 custom stations, hundreds of new customized missions, a Bouny Hunter and Civil Defense script, new drone technology, the chance to win Experimental Beam wpn forges, lots of new custom starts, an expanded Yaki economy..and a whole lot more.

Additionally, we'll release a "Reccommended 3rd Party Scripts" List (or Pack, if we get around to it :wink: ) that reflects the Team's individual tastes in scripting.

Subsequent releases of the Mod will include more of the content currently under development, like an expanded dynamic Quest Generator, as well as other quests and sub-quests, as well as an expanded Heavy Fighter Drone combat arm and tech base.

Cahu

Modding essentials

Post by Cahu » Thu, 9. Jul 09, 02:31

There are new and old mods, tested and untested, but always there's "that" mod that everyone has because it just makes life better. I'm new at modding this game, so I'd like to know which are the essentials.

Thanks!

{Merge. jlehtone}

Yaotzin

Post by Yaotzin » Thu, 9. Jul 09, 02:48

CAG/CLS/EST. MARS or similar. Complex Cleaner or similar.

Probably others but I suck at thinking off the top of my head!

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Thu, 9. Jul 09, 03:02

MARS, CAG, CLS, EST..

Those definitely

id recommend CMOD3, the no-civs version..
Also, throwing Someone else's ship rebalance isnt a bad idea..

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 9. Jul 09, 03:16

Well I have to push my AMS mod, if you want ships with no restrictions on them. :D

CC removes complex clutter.
FDN removes the need for many ships supplying stations.
SSDN removes the need for other sector defences.
No Fog, No Nebular removes the lag caused by fogs.

HQ extension gives more HQ storage space.

CMOD3 needs a warning, as it might be popular but it also has the reputation of causing more problems than anything else. Its also not supported properly on this forum, although it does now have a thread.

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Thu, 9. Jul 09, 10:52

look at the first post of my ship rebalance mod (link in my sig), there are a few links to cool scripts. :D
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

paz3r
x4

Post by paz3r » Thu, 9. Jul 09, 11:17

Factory Complex Constructor and Lucike's script collection. That's what I always start with. The latter is available at German forum but it comes with English t-files anyway.

SS_T
x3ap

Post by SS_T » Thu, 9. Jul 09, 12:44

apricotslice wrote: CMOD3 needs a warning, as it might be popular but it also has the reputation of causing more problems than anything else. Its also not supported properly on this forum, although it does now have a thread.
Its supported on this forum as much as on its original forum, ulfius or what ever his user name is over here hasn't been around in a while so no updates or fixes :( .

This place is where I suggest you go to get some of the essential performance mods (X3TC PUI)
New XDownloads: http://xdownloads.co.uk

Vega Knight
x4

Mod of Choice

Post by Vega Knight » Mon, 27. Jul 09, 19:11

Hello I'm very new to the game but non the less I always seek mods to increase my experience with the over all game performance. Is there mods that this community recommends to get the fullest experience of X3-TC?

Thanks.

{Merge. jlehtone}

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Mon, 27. Jul 09, 19:29

There are a lot of great mods/scripts but it comes down to what suits your play style (one man's must have is another man' cheat!). All I can suggest is have a look at the script library link and have a play.

LA

JimBadger

Post by JimBadger » Tue, 4. Aug 09, 17:12

Hi there, fellow X'ers.

I know these sort of questions usually get replied to with "it depends on your tastes", or "have a look at the script library", but I've got a slightly more specific question than "what scripts are good?"

I've been trawling through this forum, and others for a couple of days now, and I've got a huge list of scripts that I want to try, or have tried out already, but I'm looking for a certain kind of experience from X3:TC...

Which scripts/mods, if any, can give you a real feeling of competition? The impression I get overall is that the player wombles along, doing his thing, making up his own goals and choosing when to fight, trade, explore, or what-have-you, and that is all groovy gravy. However, I want rivals, I want factions smaller than entire races who try to advance their goals in a way that will directly conflict with mine.

Is this already a feature? Will I find myself racing to get an industry setup in some virgin sector before one of the corporations does?

It's a little tricky to explain, it's almost like I'm asking for pseudo-multiplayer, but I don't really mean it to that extent. Then again, maybe I do. I want there to be other people going around doing (sort of) what I'm doing. You know how you get other Rangers in Space Rangers? :)

I know I can "invade" sectors and "take them over", but it's a bit artificial, in that I'd have to get off my arse and decide to go and upset the apple cart. I want something a bit more organic/dynamic.

If the answer is "no", then fair enough, I'm sure that with the size of the sandbox I'll have enough fun creating my own sandcastles, and kicking over those that are already there...but I just hope/wish that new sandcastles can be built while my back's turned (analogy almost works!)

Thanks for reading.

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Tue, 4. Aug 09, 17:27

I'd suggest the Improved Races script it does not create new enemies, it just goes to the old ones (khaaks, Xenons, Pirates, Yakis) and awakens them from their sleepyness.

quite cool results. pretty configurable too. :D I'd wait for r11 to be released though... (will be out in a few days) it fixes some annoying bugs.

the economy is a lot more complex matter... dunno if there are specific scripts to "awaken" that damn corporations to make them build something and compete a little with the player.
they would be cool to have though. :D
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

JimBadger

Post by JimBadger » Tue, 4. Aug 09, 17:42

Thanks for the reply.

I've just installed Race Response Fleets. I'll have to check if it conflicts with Improved Races.

So, are the corporations just static entities then? They just maintain the same stations throughought the game and only really have these mini-plotlines to interest the player? I'd be very interested in any scripts that can indeed bring corporations to "life".

Any others that fit the scenario I described in my initial post?

(By the way, I've got a few questions about ThisIsHarsh's Salvagers and NPC Salvagers script that I've posted in the relelvant thread if anyone is feeling in equal measure helpful and knowledgeable!)

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Tue, 4. Aug 09, 17:48

I've just installed Race Response Fleets. I'll have to check if it conflicts with Improved Races.
it is not fully compatible... and now Improved Races is standalone. (contains a Race Counterstikes feature that mimicks the RRF)
So, are the corporations just static entities then?
in vanilla yes, they do nothing interesting. And their only station is their HQ.
I'd love to see them do something more useful than asking me 10 disrupter missiles every 20 mins or so. :roll:
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock

JimBadger

Post by JimBadger » Tue, 4. Aug 09, 17:54

someone else wrote:
it is not fully compatible... and now Improved Races is standalone. (contains a Race Counterstikes feature that mimicks the RRF)
So, are the corporations just static entities then?
in vanilla yes, they do nothing interesting. And their only station is their HQ.
I'd love to see them do something more useful than asking me 10 disrupter missiles every 20 mins or so. :roll:
Well, I've just started reading the Improved Races thread. Sounds brilliant. Maybe I'll have to remove RRF...or, I can just turn it off in the Configuration menu, can't I?

Yeah, never mind vanilla, it's never been a favoured flavour! I want my X3 to be tuti-fruiti! I've not seen any corporation-related scripts yet, so I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”