[MOD] No Civilians

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

fud
x3

Post by fud » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 15:44

Again: ;)
fud wrote:
fud wrote:I'm assuming for an existing game, it works like X3R, in that, the existing jobs (civs) will still be there, but no new jobs will start?

The existing ones eventually finish and disapper.

I remember doing that in X3R and there were a bunch of nameless ships on the map until they ran their course.

The nameless ships are normal, and will eventually go away when they finish their "job".

It will work with an existing game, you'll just have some nameless ships for a while. In fact, as soon as you go to another sector, they should be gone.

shrikebtr

Post by shrikebtr » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 22:46

Can someone help me out with using this?

Basically I have installed it, and played plenty with it, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I still have tons of "dot" ships, or civvy ships.

I have tried two things..
1) Downloaded files and added them to a /mod directory in the main TC directory. I have Steam, so this is like... steam/steamapps/commonfiles/X3 Terran Conflict/Mods or whatever. That isn't exact, but you get the idea. I then run the game, and on the menu that appears I click the Mods button, highlight "no_civilians" and hit ok. Note that this button was grayed out before I added this, and now with it added, no_civilians is the ONLY option.
2) I added this into the X3 addon manager, and it shows up in the mods list with "vanilla" X3. Selecting it as the active mod also appears to do nothing. Furthermore, when I click around a bit trying to select this mod and bring up other possible options, the addon manager crashes, predictably, every time.

Any ideas?

dez505
x4

alternate download

Post by dez505 » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 05:48

hi i cant download this from the link (i stay in china they block some web hosts) can some one put up an alt d/l link please

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 06:02

@shrike: You have "dot ships", but are they named like, "Argon Civilian ship" or "Civilian Ship", or are they the specialty ships, like Boron Pest Control?

shrikebtr

Post by shrikebtr » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 07:43

Graxster wrote:@shrike: You have "dot ships", but are they named like, "Argon Civilian ship" or "Civilian Ship", or are they the specialty ships, like Boron Pest Control?
Graxstrer: appreciate the response, however I redownloaded this, as well as updated my version of the X3 plugin manager, and apparently something took hold, as when I entered the game, my system had a bunch of no name civvy ships (which I know is correct functioning) so it looks like it is working for me now :)

SSwamp_Trooper
x3tc

Re: alternate download

Post by SSwamp_Trooper » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 09:40

dez505 wrote:hi i cant download this from the link (i stay in china they block some web hosts) can some one put up an alt d/l link please
Will this link work for you: http://www.x1tp.com/downloads/X3TC/Grax ... ilians.rar

Sorry Graxster if you didn't want me to upload it, i can remove the link if necessary.

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Thu, 30. Oct 08, 00:42

hey there... Any chance for a spk release? :\

Reven1983

Post by Reven1983 » Fri, 31. Oct 08, 12:09

Hello guys.

I have a problem with this mod. I installed it in mods directory, chose the mod in X3 TC starter, but nothing changes. I still have taxi/ civilian ships in sector maps, ships list.
Then i remembered i have another mod (changes visibility distance in my X3Tx coz my PC is ancient) - so i unpacked no_civilians mod's "jobs.txt" file with a X-Archiver tool and put the job.txt file to the directory where i got the other mod - that is ..X3TC install folder\types.
With this done - i got same problem as one guy who posted here before - i got like tons of ships in sectors with empty names on ships list in sector map.
I tried reentering the sector - but the "empty-name" ships don't disappear.
Any way to remove them ? Maybe some script?

PS. Looks exactly as in screen posted before :
http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/656 ... 75316g.jpg

PS2. I didn't start a new game with this installed. Maybe that's the problem ?

fud
x3

Post by fud » Fri, 31. Oct 08, 13:06

Again:

That is perfectly normal. You will have nameless ships on the sector map, as these *used* to be the taxis/civies in the jobs file. They will disappear.

Leave the sector and come back, and I bet they'll be gone.

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Fri, 31. Oct 08, 19:03

Looks like that's gonna get asked over and over again, so I added a note to the original post with an explanation. Hope this helps!

-Grax

shrikebtr

Post by shrikebtr » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 06:02

Bah this stopped working again with the patch... can someone give me a 2 sentence pointer as to how I should install this? Using the plugin manager or the pre-launch menu?

Thanks so much.

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 06:26

Just extract it to your \mods directory and from the pre-launch menu click the "Select Mod Package" button and select it.

-G

shrikebtr

Post by shrikebtr » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 18:37

Bah, I must have bad luck or something, I just can't manage to get this to work for me :/

TENGILL
x4

Post by TENGILL » Mon, 3. Nov 08, 15:43

Hi.
THis mod is great.
Big up to the creator :)

TheZapper
x4

Post by TheZapper » Sat, 8. Nov 08, 15:30

Any chance this mod can be packaged in something other than RAR (not a Windows freeware archive).

Thx.
TZ

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Sat, 8. Nov 08, 18:15

TheZapper wrote:Any chance this mod can be packaged in something other than RAR (not a Windows freeware archive).

Thx.
TZ
Just download 7zip. It's free, and can extract .rar archives. Google it.

-G

paulms1980
x3tc

Post by paulms1980 » Sat, 6. Dec 08, 16:54

grax im using your better frame rate script and it installed as a spk.
can i use this mod with that 1?
copied the files in2 the mod folder and now i can choose no civs or better frame rate.

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Mon, 8. Dec 08, 17:57

The v1.3 patch made changes to the jobs file, so I updated this mod with the new jobs file. If you've patched to v1.3, please download the new mod.

-Grax

Llama
x3tc

Post by Llama » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 02:12

Just extract it to your \mods directory and from the pre-launch menu click the "Select Mod Package" button and select it.
I have a distinct lack of a mod folder....this would be the first script im trying, so I haven't done anything special to the game yet except for the plugin manager

reinhart_menken

Post by reinhart_menken » Fri, 6. Mar 09, 04:31

Would this work for patch 1.4?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”