[BETA] Plugin Manager 2.20 BETA 6 : Updated 07/11/2008

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

kamikazie
x3tc

Post by kamikazie » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 23:32

download doesn't appear to be working. downloads about 307k then stops :(

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 23:38

ill try to reupload it, try again in 10 minutes

A_Li_N
x3

Post by A_Li_N » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 02:06

I don't know about anyone else, but I just (5pm on Tuesday the 21st) downloaded this and tried to install. It gives me the error of "This application has failed to start because MSVCRTD.dll was not found..."
I have these dlls in the folder:
MSVCP60D.DLL
qt-mtnc321.dll
zlib1.dll

Also, and ignore me if it's nothing, but there are scripts in the scripts folder of this program...plugin.plugman... Are those supposed to be in there after install?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 02:16

hmm, seems its still missing some dll's, i've added them into the new download.

u could prolly find them elsewhere on there own, as they are just standard microsoft dll's

yes those scripts are supposed to be there, they are the scripts that control the plugin manager in game, things like custom wares, ship installing, package control, etc. They basically get place into each game directory you add to the installer

reanor
x4

Post by reanor » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 02:22

Donwloaded, failed. Removed old file, redownloaded - worked.
“The dark and the light, they exist side by side." ... “It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars."

A_Li_N
x3

Post by A_Li_N » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 02:23

Did a quick search for the MSVCRTD.dll. Is there a chance that you are uploading a debug version of your program instead of a release version? It seems to be the likely culprit considering version 2.12 did not have any of those dlls in the install and most of the google responses came back with debug information.

*EDIT*
Also, I am using Vista Ultimate as an Admin account and just tried to uninstall the program and it says I do not have sufficient access to uninstall. It did, however, uninstall just fine with the uninstall that comes with it.

reanor
x4

Post by reanor » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 02:36

Cycrow, are all those scripts that your plugin manager finds from your site TC compatible? A lot of great once there, just wanted to verify before I mess something up :). Oh nvm. I just noticed there is another link opened that has TC in it. Only 5 scripts so far. Well its ok :).
“The dark and the light, they exist side by side." ... “It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars."

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 02:43

A_Li_N wrote:Did a quick search for the MSVCRTD.dll. Is there a chance that you are uploading a debug version of your program instead of a release version? It seems to be the likely culprit considering version 2.12 did not have any of those dlls in the install and most of the google responses came back with debug information.

*EDIT*
Also, I am using Vista Ultimate as an Admin account and just tried to uninstall the program and it says I do not have sufficient access to uninstall. It did, however, uninstall just fine with the uninstall that comes with it.
actually the version only contains small amounts of debug but it seems it still requires the libraries for it.

the reason for this is that the release version broke for some reason which i cant really explain, running it through VS in release mode it works fine, but running the exe directly causes it to crash randomly. Adding some debug flags fixes the problem.

its a temporary solution until i fix the proper release build. Obviosuly the only problem with using a debug build is the additional need of dll's

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 02:45

reanor wrote:Cycrow, are all those scripts that your plugin manager finds from your site TC compatible? A lot of great once there, just wanted to verify before I mess something up :). Oh nvm. I just noticed there is another link opened that has TC in it. Only 5 scripts so far. Well its ok :).
there are currently 3 servers to list scripts, only one of them has tc scripts on it.

i will add something in sometime so it will only list scripts that are compatable with your game version. Not decided how to do that just yet thou

darkelfsin

Post by darkelfsin » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 03:00

thx Cycrow

great work as always :idea:

reanor
x4

Post by reanor » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 22:39

Hey Cycrow, don't wanna take your skill in advantage but community would be very grateful, I know few people would be for sure if you could convert Reunion Explorer software that was included in Bonus pack to use in TC. Current TC version is bugged and it has less functionality overall then Reunion Explorer.

We of course understand that you may not have enough time, but in case if you have some "window" of opportunity - many people would be grateful. I think you are the best in scripting, that's why I think this request would be the best in your hands. Plus you already have a script for advanced satellites to alert about enemy ships in the sector.

Hope i am not being rude by talking not from myself personally but "community". I think that many people would back me up on this, since explorer software is very useful and proved itself great in Reunion.

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 00:40

Cycrow,

I am having the same issue some others have reported.. For some reason the download keeps aborting/loosing connection to complete the full download. It appears to be something on the server end from what I am seeing.. Do you have another mirror that can be used?

I am on about the 20th try now... It ends download anywhere from a meg in to 2 megs in each time almost like it is getting a end of file notification.

Am still trying but so far continued aborted downloads.

Malakie
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 00:49

i've uploaded it to another site:

http://www.abyssgamingcommunity.com/x3/ ... _Setup.exe

unfortuatlly my usual one has run out of its bandwidth limit

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 00:59

Cycrow wrote:i've uploaded it to another site:

Trying new link now.... so far it is holding and continuing download...

Malakie
Take it light.....

Malakie

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 03:45

Cycrow,

Download link worked fine. I tried out the program and it runs ok. I decided to test out the ship function in the installer by installing a couple ships. No go. Tried to add a couple ships both as a fake patch and as a regular mod file. Neither way worked. Bummer.. .I love using the Stargate ships I have! :-)

I will keep playing around and see what else I can find..

Malakie
Take it light.....

Malakie

mikmao

Re: [BETA] Plugin Manager 2.20 : Updated 20/10/2008

Post by mikmao » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 05:31

Cycrow wrote: however, the script and plugin side should be fully working for TC
But there are not enough script for TC yet.

damador
x4

Post by damador » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 07:24

Cycrow wrote:i've uploaded it to another site:

http://rapidshare.com/files/156686142/X ... 0.exe.html

its on premium account so no bandwitch / delete problem will occur :)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 11:51

Malakie wrote:Cycrow,

Download link worked fine. I tried out the program and it runs ok. I decided to test out the ship function in the installer by installing a couple ships. No go. Tried to add a couple ships both as a fake patch and as a regular mod file. Neither way worked. Bummer.. .I love using the Stargate ships I have! :-)
i had a feeling it might not have worked, i will have to change what changes to the types files between X3R and TC.

what happened when you tryed to install the ships ?

also, could you try that it works fine for X3R

supakillaii
xr

Post by supakillaii » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 13:52

Do I need to delete the plugin manager I use for X3R? (2.12)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 13:54

u could install them seperatly, or install this one over the top.

there is no problems with using both of them at the same time

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”