[SCRIPT] Community Configuration Menu : V1.51 : 03/01/2012

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Will scripters find this useful ?

Yes
87%
No
1%
Dont Care
12%

Total votes: 672

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Update 1.10

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 28. Oct 08, 19:47

New Update available: V1.10

* removed seperating out into Author
* Added option to display author in the script name, ie Author: Script name
* Added optional section display, set an option section to split the script into a seperate section. Those without sections defined will be displayed at the top

Cornelius Orion

Installation of the Community Configuration Menu?

Post by Cornelius Orion » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 18:05

Hy everybody!

So, I followed all the listed instructions:

1. Enabled my script editor in the game.

2. Download the file. Here it cames the first surprise - what should I actually extract? It is only a SPK file????

3. Copy (not extracted, as it was impossible:)) to my X terran conflict dirrectory.

4. Coppied other scripts in the same directory.

Question:
1. How can I configure the hot key for the Community Configuration Menu? I don´t have this option in my Control Configuration Menu.

2. I noticed I also have a folder named "scripts" in my game dirrectory. I tried to copy both the Comunity Configuration Menu and the other scripts there. Stil not working.

Any suggestions?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 18:23

u need to use the Plugin Manager to install spk files

DasFlo
xr

Post by DasFlo » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 20:26

Hi cycrow,

incredible work on this one, I love it. I can't see why any sctipt author would chose to use a sepearte hotkey instead of this control centre, it makes everything really easy and stops the keyboard from getting cluttered up with hotkeys in a formidable way. Thumbs up, WAY up! Keep up your great work Mate.

odie forever
x3tc

Post by odie forever » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 12:57

I just downloaded and installed this script successfully. But in the menu "Oberfläche" (dunno english expression) where i define a hotkey it's called "Readtext7000-1". Then when I press the hotkey it's called "Readtext7000-2". So the script for itself works fine, but I wanna get rid of those readtexts. Any suggestions?

edit: It doesn't even work. My settings aren't saved. As long as i don't reload any changes work but when I load a savegame the settings are default ones.

mfg Odie

John McG
x4

community configuration menu

Post by John McG » Sat, 13. Dec 08, 19:59

I have downloaded the 'community plugin configuration' and 'ship killed notifications' to my 'plug in manager'. But how do I get them to work?
Where and how do I set a hot key up to get into the menu?
Also since adding these to plug in manager I am no longer able to use my 'free jump' which I could use before, is this a common problem?
Thanks.

sferum

Post by sferum » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 14:27

It appears a Readtext7000 in my game, althought I play it in English.

I deinstalled the sciprt and the Readtext7000 still appears :? :? :?

odie forever wrote:edit: It doesn't even work. My settings aren't saved. As long as i don't reload any changes work but when I load a savegame the settings are default ones.mfg Odie
If u start a new game do the Readtext dissapear?? Because that happens to me... and I realy dont wanna start all over again :(
http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/2213 ... 715ux8.gif

***MODIFIED***
Español - English - Deutsch

Jade Hawk
x3tc

Post by Jade Hawk » Sun, 11. Jan 09, 12:50

I am new to X3TC and must be very stupid. I have SE enabled, I can see the various scripts in there. However the 'just set the hotkey' instruction above confuses me. How do I set the hotkey? for the life of me I can't understand how to do this, nor make sense of the other scripts that need to have their own hotkeys set.

Any help greatly appreciated.

PS I found the script set hotkey but when run it gives me windows which make no sense! :?

strude
x4

Post by strude » Sun, 11. Jan 09, 18:49

Jade Hawk wrote:I am new to X3TC and must be very stupid. I have SE enabled, I can see the various scripts in there. However the 'just set the hotkey' instruction above confuses me. How do I set the hotkey? for the life of me I can't understand how to do this, nor make sense of the other scripts that need to have their own hotkeys set.

Any help greatly appreciated.

PS I found the script set hotkey but when run it gives me windows which make no sense! :?
To assign a hotkey to a function, you need to go to the Controls settings. Controls can be found in the same menu as Quit, Save and Load options, which I usually get to by pressing ESC once or twice. Most (if not all) script hotkeys will appear at the bottom of the Interface tab (I think it's that tab... they are definately at the bottom)
Gaming PC: Gigabyte H270M-D3H | i7 7700 | 16Gb DDR4 | Gigabyte GTX1060 6Gb OC | Asus Xonar DGX | Window 10 Home 64bit | Samsung 256Gb SSD

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 12. Jan 09, 01:34

Great idea. :)

Can you do a similar one for auto-doing submenus ? The whole concept of a submenu is too difficult for me to grasp the coding of, but it looks like with a few treaks, this could be used so that any modder can add all their commands into a single submenu using your autoload process.

Or it bypasses the submenu altogether and just adds all commands into the hotkey.

Jade Hawk
x3tc

Post by Jade Hawk » Mon, 12. Jan 09, 08:41

Strude

Awesome!!! I was looking everywhere in the SE, I had looked in the controls section guess I missed those right at the bottom. I don't feel too silly, just slightly short sighted! :roll:

Thanks alot :D

fretti

Post by fretti » Fri, 23. Jan 09, 21:23

Im very very green when it comes too mods and im having some difficulties too make this work.

I've installed the Script with X-plugin manager and fixed with the name too be able too see SE.

but too get up the menue i need too bind it too a hotkey as Jade Hawk had problem with only that... i cant see a "script hotkeys" in the interface tab nor any otehr tab :/

does anyone know what i've done wrong/forgot too do?

sphr
x4

Post by sphr » Tue, 17. Feb 09, 22:56

@cycrow

I must say, this is simply the best use of the new menus I've seen. will work great as a foundation to access other plugins... I found this very very useful esp when I bind it to a hot key (shift-` or ~ for me). Very easy for me to add triggers for test scripts too. I see this as another one of those must-haves "foundational" things for other plugins.

In fact, I find this so useful that I had a sort of an extension idea for it... Can the same idea be extended to ship/station/wing commands as well?

e.g. Bind a general command that constructs a dynamic menu based on registered scripts like this configuration menu and bind it to a ship command slot. then scripters can add to this menu dynamically by registering their ship/station/wing scripts. All just using one slot.

possibly can have one for ship, one for station and one for wing. the main diff from the original config script will probably be passing on [THIS] when calling scripts instead of null->call script.

To emulate hiding/graying of non-applicable/requirements not met scripts, can register two more script names in addition to the main execution scripts. namely one that returns true/false on whether the entry should be shown in the menu (called when building menu possibly) and one that returns true/false on whether the entry should be gray/active (the difference from former is that, the ones that are not applicable to the object are totally hidden, the latter refers to scripts that can be applied to an object but some conditions not met).

similar to config, plugin writers just register the 3 script names in setup.????.

One of the biggest problem I find when I script is that it is very hard to hook it up dynamically in-game (save running from the script list raw). The config script allows me to hook up global scripts effortlessly (well, almost) now. I was hoping that similar foundation could be laid for ship/station/wing commands as well.

I haven't read through all your fabulous code yet ;) so I was estimating the feasibility half based on extrapolation of your framework design and half based on whatever I knew of the script engine behavior. Please do tell me this is possible/feasible!!

regardless of the above, just wish to thank you once more for enriching the X-perience, even if my small voice of thanks will be probably lost in the existing waves of cheers. To put it in a statement: "I can no longer imagine playing X3 without plugin installer or cycrow scripts." In fact, I held off buying the game until the script/mod resources are available :) (just hope they don't get signed.... I dunno if it is my imagination, but bad things seem to happen to script projects when they get signed....)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 25. Apr 09, 18:48

it'll take abit of extra work to get it working on objects, as they will need an additional filter to detmine what objects should and shouldn't have it available.

the main problem i see, is having an easy way to actually select what object you want to use the menu on.

the 3 ideas that come to mind would be a command slot so it opens the menu for that ship.

a hotkey that runs the menu on your targeted ships

and a hotkey that will first ask for the object to run it on.

potentally it could be expanded quite abit

Waylander2
x4

Post by Waylander2 » Wed, 29. Apr 09, 11:15

for the life of me i can get this to work have installed the script and all that but there is know where to enter a hot key.

Thanks

Edit: Damn forgot that you have to close the plugin manager for it to work so its all working now
Cheers
Waylander

i7 3930K @ 3.20
780GTX DC2
32gb of ram

Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge is limited...!" [Albert Einstein]

Marodeur
xr

Post by Marodeur » Thu, 14. May 09, 17:55

Hi.

I translated the t-file into german and opened a thread there ( http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=246769 )

I hope thats ok for you?!? :oops:

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Tue, 26. May 09, 06:49

Glad I found this, I am just starting to make configuration menus for my mod conversions and I will be using this to centralize everything. Thanks for your work in making this! :D

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 3. Jun 09, 18:28

New Update available:

Added Options.

You can setup single options to be displayed on the menu, allowing users to change options without needing an additional menu.

Currently 3 types of Options are available to use

Boolean: Simply On/Off options, selecting it disables or enables the option

Cycle: Can have any number of values, when selecting, cycles through all avaialble values

Select: Can have any number of values, when selecting, a menu options with all values that can be selected

furstukin
x3

Plugin Configurations Menu hotkey duplicating itself

Post by furstukin » Fri, 10. Jul 09, 10:25

Ok so here is my problem the plugin configurations menu is activated by a hotkey and it keeps duplicating it self. There are now 25 of them in the controls menu. The one I set a hotkey too still works the rest just say not bound. The real problem is I think it has caused me to reach a hotkey limit since I am unable to add one for a script I just wrote. So what script adds that menu? and how do I remove the unneeded hotkeys?

And yes, this happens in any new game I start too after a few saves and restarting the game multiple hotkey entries show up :(
Don't make me slap Ye!

furstukin
x3

Post by furstukin » Fri, 10. Jul 09, 10:30

anyone else having the problem of the hotkey for this duplicating itself? I have 25 of them now and it wont let me add any new ones.
Don't make me slap Ye!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”