[SCRIPT] Community Configuration Menu : V1.51 : 03/01/2012

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Will scripters find this useful ?

Yes
87%
No
1%
Dont Care
12%

Total votes: 672

Sticks
x4

Post by Sticks » Fri, 10. Jul 09, 20:02

does this fix remove the created hotkeys too?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 10. Jul 09, 21:23

i've updated the hotkey manager to include the latest files, so if u redownload that, it should help.

it wont remove the existing ones, that is abit more difficult.

if u dont have any scripts that use hotkeys, then u can just remove all the hotkeys, a simple script could do this. However, if u have other scripts that use hotkeys, this would also remove them and could cause problems

ill write the script later today

furstukin
x3

Post by furstukin » Fri, 10. Jul 09, 21:30

cool thanks Cycrow it would be greatly appreciated by all of us I am sure.
Don't make me slap Ye!

Osiris_sam
x4

Post by Osiris_sam » Mon, 13. Jul 09, 16:53

Hey Cycrow,

just a note in passing, if you get the time before you update this again, could you add a true return on success when you register a script. (so my script can register a hotkey if your plugin manager isnt installed :))

apologies if you've already done this and i dont have the most up to date version,

thanks
sam

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 13. Jul 09, 17:57

i thought i had done, i did it with the other managers, so ill have to check

Osiris_sam
x4

Post by Osiris_sam » Fri, 24. Jul 09, 20:38

i redownloaded the lastest version of plugin manager, to make sure i was up to date, same problem.

On more pressing matters. i downloaded the hotkey manager when the problems with duplicated hotkeys arised. i noticed (when i went to assign a hotkey to it) that there were 2 hotkeys registered. My first thought would be a problem in installing the hotkey manager, which registers a new hotkey, while the plugin manager is installed (having a hotkey).
just my evaluation of the situation

thanks again Cycrow

Sam

zeddius
x3tc

Post by zeddius » Fri, 7. Aug 09, 12:31

Hmmm,

having a couple of problems here.

I installed the community plugin configuration and the wing hotkeys. The hotkeys turn up in the controls menu under interfaces as it should. However, i canty find the menu (from plugin configuration) were I am supposed to be able to turn hotkeys on/off.

Were is this located, and could anything be wrong, making it not show?

PS! Read that you need to have a script acctually using the plugin manager for it to show, but cycrows wing hotkeys should do this.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 7. Aug 09, 17:33

it might have been missed somewhere, but basically u need to install the hotkey manager as well.

this is used to control the hotkeys for various scripts including this one.

the wing hotkeys doesn't need this as its built into the script itself

ogamerdg
x3tc

Post by ogamerdg » Sat, 10. Oct 09, 16:33

This message never happened! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Kord157

Post by Kord157 » Fri, 30. Oct 09, 02:05

Hi, I'm trying to get this to work and failing miserably. I'm trying to use it with a few other scripts that I think should use it like the NPC bailing one. I have the SE enabled, but there are no hotkeys for mods or scripts in the interface tab at all. Do I need to activate them somehow in the SE? Sorry, I really don't know what I'm doing here.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sun, 29. Nov 09, 21:25

Cycrow wrote: :arrow: Scripters:
  • To make use of the configuration menu, simply call the script, plugin.config.addscript, from your setup script.
    It takes 3 arguments, the script name and script author (ie you) and the config script.
I have a problem with that. When plugin.config.addscript is not present (and it's not a vanilla script...)
then the setup locks up when executing

Code: Select all

038 @ |START $Null -> call script 'plugin.config.addscript' :  Scr Name=$Msg  Scr Author='Gazz'  Script='plugin.gz.mars.config'  Disp.Author=null  Section=null
So.... how do I go about checking if "Community Configuration Menu" is currently installed without doing a blind call for a script that may or may not exist?

The presence of a local variable is no guarantee for the actual script being present (could have been uninstalled) and the only way for a meaningful check (that I have found) is to write "Last load time" to a global variable.
If your init script did that, other scrips could check if your script is installed and present right now.

"Just " checking for a global var only confirms that your script was there at some time.

I could decouple that dangerous script call so that even if it hangs up, it doesn't block anything useful.
All it would do is cause an ever-increasing number of hanging global tasks.
Messy but no longer harmful.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 29. Nov 09, 21:27

its coz ur running it with START, which u shouldn't do

if u run it normal and let it return, it should work if the script isn't respent and simply return null

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sun, 29. Nov 09, 21:31

Hmm. But the idea is that using START would prevent a lock up because it would use it's own task and generally... be out of my hair.
If that new task then decides to lock up or not is none of my business.

Maybe you should include it in your instructions that the use of START for this script is verboten.
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 29. Nov 09, 23:45

well for a script that returns straight away, using START really isn't nesecaary.

ill have to test it some more, but everytime i've tryed, its never locked up on me

forking a nonexistant script to a new process might have problems thou.

there is another way, the new plugin manager has scripts allowing you to check whats currently installed

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 30. Nov 09, 12:18

I tried it both ways with a nonexistant script.

START call 'plugin.config.addscript'.... lockup of the calling script

= call 'plugin.config.addscript'.... works

Why? I dunno. Just makes no sense.
It definitely is no problem with START and setup scripts. That works fine.

I assumed that the script would return immediately but didn't see a reason to DL it because you had listed the arguments already.
So I went with a worst case scenario and used START to be on the safe side. Yeah... right.

Still... you should add a note that using START is a no go because that's the only thing that could go wrong without discernible reason.

Cycrow wrote:there is another way, the new plugin manager has scripts allowing you to check whats currently installed
Yah, but that's still more scripts that may or may not be present and how do I use a nonexistant script to confirm if a script exists or not? =P

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 30. Nov 09, 17:39

New update available: 1.30

Changes the menu selection options to use 2.5 menu additions and menu alignment

yospanky
x3ap

Post by yospanky » Tue, 1. Dec 09, 10:06

Thanks for a very beneficial & useful script cyc!

Modding is very fun :D
Lakers 2009 CHAMPIONS!!!!

jamiewest1
x4

Post by jamiewest1 » Mon, 7. Dec 09, 16:16

hello cycrow i hope you can shed some light on this

jamiewest1 wrote:
i have only a slight problem with this mod it used to work fine but now everytime i load up in the controls interface menu the hot key command is duplicated but has no key assigned to i.e ive loaded about 15 times and i have the configuration hot key 15 times but still only the first one has the hotkey assigned H in my case, now my question is if i load a hundred times will the long list of unassigned hotkeys clog up my data or interfere with the game and does anyone know how to remove them??

Umm, this plugin doesn't add any hotkeys. Do you mean the 'Community Configuration Menu'? If so, that is a separate script you will have to ask in the appropriate thread. this was This Is Harshes reply

so i am hoping you have heard of this before or could tell me the answer whether or not it will affect my game thank you in advance :)
the mod in question was NPC bails

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 7. Dec 09, 17:04

are you using the hotkey manager, and if so, what version are you currently running?

duplicate keys shouldn't be happening if your using the latest version

jamiewest1
x4

Post by jamiewest1 » Mon, 7. Dec 09, 19:55

im not using the hotkey manager but as i say only one plugin config has a key assigned to it the rest im up to 20 now are all blank as in unassigned

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”