[SCR] MARS Fire Control (v5.25 - 16.02.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Grimm Spector
x3tc

Post by Grimm Spector » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 20:42

lv9pv wrote:Gazz:

Considering the effectiveness of the goblin system (Now with added missile defense) Would it be natural to boost the cost of fighter drones or perhaps add a cost of usage to it ?

Idea could be that the player buy normal fighter drones at normal market price. But the MARS ship upgrade, have to modify the drones to goblin drones. And this have a credit cost to it. As to represent some way of resources needed for this upgrade.
I think Goblins should cost an Energy cell each time they launch...

MaitrePlaton
x4

Post by MaitrePlaton » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 20:43

Hi !

I have the same problem.

With the MARS soft activated on my M2, only the first slot of each rail is full. The other ones stay empty, even when I select a weapon.

I tried firing, and only one slot shoot, the other ones being empty.

I don't understand because I don't have this problem with my M7 where I can fill all the weapon's slots, and all of them fire at ennemies, unlike for my M2.

Grimm Spector
x3tc

Post by Grimm Spector » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 20:49

Gazz wrote:
Methel wrote:I'm just starting to use the script now on my Dragon, its just one turret with pretty limited weapon choices, but still working wonders. I especially love the goblins!
These little buggers keep the enemy busy for ages!
Now I love drones, not sure why.. but they appeal to me on some level (I loved the game overlord too btw :P)

They are the wingmen you never had. Unlike "real" wingmen they don't ask for repairs, jump fuel, shields, cookies, milk, lasers, missiles, a hug, and godknowswhat else.
And they help you instead of being a liability, needing your protection.
I check my drone level, expecting to have to replace most if not all of them... I've lost 5. Total.
Did I mention they are smarter than the lobotomised lemmigs ES trained as fighter pilots?
Missile defence:
Does the drones launch automatically to defend against missiles?
What if I'm already at the goblin cap?
Yes.
You can hit the cap with manual launches but MARS is more conservative.
Right now at least 2 drones are kept in reserve for missile defense. Well, unless you choose to manually deploy all goblins otherwise. Your ship, your decision.

Does it support mark II drones? (where do I get these anyways?)
If it does, or will, perhaps you should make a name change since they are such an improvement. Hobgoblins perhaps?
What would be the advantage?
Which MARS task would Mk2 fulfill better than Mk1?

Lastly I want to suggest a feature, though this might be a bit out of the intended field for M.A.R.S.
Marine transport: Make the goblins (or perhaps only MKII) ferry the marines to the boarding target.
Not sure if this is possible to code, but would be a nice feature if it was possible.
Ah, the I-word again. Impossible is such an overused term.

Goblins can already tow a ship X to position Y if said destination is saved in a local variable on ship X.

I just never had a marine of my own so I know nothing of them.
Besides, MARS does not know about boarding, keeping shields down, and taking prisoners. It's only ever been trained to kill.
For boarding, it has an ignore hotkey, though....
sorrrrrry for the mutliple post, but I gotta say something on this...Gazz PLEASE code us something for real pilots of fighter craft, make them better combatants like your drones, even if it means having to buy a more advanced fight system, like Mk3 kinda like our Trade software to get pilots....pleassse.......

milp

Post by milp » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 22:57

Grimm Spector wrote:
lv9pv wrote:Gazz:

Considering the effectiveness of the goblin system (Now with added missile defense) Would it be natural to boost the cost of fighter drones or perhaps add a cost of usage to it ?

Idea could be that the player buy normal fighter drones at normal market price. But the MARS ship upgrade, have to modify the drones to goblin drones. And this have a credit cost to it. As to represent some way of resources needed for this upgrade.
I think Goblins should cost an Energy cell each time they launch...
Make that optional please, i dont want my goblins to cost something additionally :P

Also please make Kreis and Mk2 drones compatible with extra hotkeys and limits.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 23:52

Grimm Spector wrote:I think Goblins should cost an Energy cell each time they launch...
I don't think so. =P
From a hardware point of view they are fighter drones.
Launching fighter drones has never had a cost.
Loading them with another software doesn't cost more energy, either.

I'm planning an energy cost with the (future) launch catapult, though.

Grimm Spector wrote:sorrrrrry for the mutliple post, but I gotta say something on this...Gazz PLEASE code us something for real pilots of fighter craft, make them better combatants like your drones, even if it means having to buy a more advanced fight system, like Mk3 kinda like our Trade software to get pilots....pleassse.......
A Fight Command Software Mk3 already exists - for Reunion.

PS: quoting the whole long post doesn't really make things easier to read

milp wrote:Also please make Kreis and Mk2 drones compatible with extra hotkeys and limits.
I still haven't heard an argument for that.
Sure, both are far better combat drones but that's not what MARS does with them.

Anyway, I could add a second hotkey for "heavy drones", regardless of actual usefulness. =)

Version 3.45 released.
  • (Hopefully =) better tactical use of mass drivers
  • Goblins defend themselves against missiles.
    I launched 3 Mosquitos (the arch nemesis of the fighter drone!) against a goblin in 1 second intervals.
    That's way beyond certain death for a regular fighter drone.

Launched them head on, too, so they had a closing speed of over 900 m/s.
    The Goblin dropped the container it was hauling, shot down all 3 missiles, picked up the container again and continued it's mission.
    I repeated that and it survived another 3 mosquitos.
    Tough cookie...

A full swarm of wasps finally got it. =P
  • TEST of a different Goblin fight script.
    Might be good, bad, or ugly...
Last edited by Gazz on Tue, 28. Oct 08, 00:48, edited 3 times in total.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

milp

Post by milp » Tue, 28. Oct 08, 00:14

Gazz wrote:
Grimm Spector wrote:
milp wrote:Also please make Kreis and Mk2 drones compatible with extra hotkeys and limits.
Sure, both are far better combat drones but that's not what MARS does with them.

Anyway, I could add a second hotkey for "heavy drones", regardless of actual usefulness. =)
Well i dont see what would be bad about using them. They might be a bit slower but they are stronger. People who dont like them can still use the normal ones, people who like them can use whatever they prefer.

I love the distraction factor of the current goblins, but they arent offensive enough in my point of view, id like to use them to get rid of the fast and annoying fighters or khaak scouts, while i take care of the bigger things.

Oh and could you please add an option that lets the user change the limit of Drones in use?

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Tue, 28. Oct 08, 00:27

milp wrote:Oh and could you please add an option that lets the user change the limit of Drones in use?
Thats just a number in the config file t\7047-0044.xml
Many things can be adjusted there.
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Heretic666
x3tc

Post by Heretic666 » Tue, 28. Oct 08, 08:06

Gazz wrote:Version 3.45 released.
    I launched 3 Mosquitos (the arch nemesis of the fighter drone!) against a goblin in 1 second intervals.

The Goblin dropped the container it was hauling, shot down all 3 missiles, picked up the container again and continued it's mission.
    Tough cookie...

Cool, is this in the same name ZIP folder on your site?
And how do we install it, just overwrite the other MARS files with the new ones?

Cheers
Station Freight Transporter
B-O'F: Enjoy whatever you are doing, if you decide to try real scripting one day..

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Tue, 28. Oct 08, 12:09

There is only one version - the current one.

Overwrite everything and the script does the rest.

Heretic666
x3tc

Post by Heretic666 » Tue, 28. Oct 08, 16:06

Ok cool thanks :D
B-O'F: Enjoy whatever you are doing, if you decide to try real scripting one day..

pewpew

Post by pewpew » Tue, 28. Oct 08, 16:36

Hi,
I've a problem with recurring sounds when I activate the turrets there is a "ping" sound every 40sec or so (even if I'm not in the ship but still IS) and a "psssh" sound every 4-5sec but only if there are enemies and I'm in the ship.
The sounds also increase if I activate SETA (that make the "pssh" sound run in loop and the "ping" every 4sec :evil: <=my head after a while) .
Last thing when only a few ships (like 2) are left my ship doesn't fire any more even though I'm being attacked (turrets on stand by).
I'm using a terran TL with all the compatible weapons in the cargo bay.
Hope it helps.

Heretic666
x3tc

Post by Heretic666 » Tue, 28. Oct 08, 17:13

pewpew wrote:Hi,
I've a problem with recurring sounds when I activate the turrets there is a "ping" sound every 40sec or so (even if I'm not in the ship but still IS) and a "psssh" sound every 4-5sec but only if there are enemies and I'm in the ship.
The sounds also increase if I activate SETA (that make the "pssh" sound run in loop and the "ping" every 4sec :evil: <=my head after a while) .
Last thing when only a few ships (like 2) are left my ship doesn't fire any more even though I'm being attacked (turrets on stand by).
I'm using a terran TL with all the compatible weapons in the cargo bay.
Hope it helps.
Yeeesss!

I came to ask about the same thing!

Only after updating the script to the newest version.

If you go to Commands>Turret Commands and select 'None', then after about 10 seconds Betty says 'Removed' and the noises stop.

tatakau
x3tc

Post by tatakau » Tue, 28. Oct 08, 17:20

deleted
Last edited by tatakau on Wed, 12. Jun 19, 11:59, edited 1 time in total.

Grimm Spector
x3tc

Post by Grimm Spector » Tue, 28. Oct 08, 19:07

Gazz wrote:
Grimm Spector wrote:I think Goblins should cost an Energy cell each time they launch...
I don't think so. =P
From a hardware point of view they are fighter drones.
Launching fighter drones has never had a cost.
Loading them with another software doesn't cost more energy, either.

I'm planning an energy cost with the (future) launch catapult, though.

Grimm Spector wrote:sorrrrrry for the mutliple post, but I gotta say something on this...Gazz PLEASE code us something for real pilots of fighter craft, make them better combatants like your drones, even if it means having to buy a more advanced fight system, like Mk3 kinda like our Trade software to get pilots....pleassse.......
A Fight Command Software Mk3 already exists - for Reunion.

PS: quoting the whole long post doesn't really make things easier to read

Version 3.45 released.

Tough cookie...

I was always under the impression that fighter drones were meant to be single use items though...

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Tue, 28. Oct 08, 19:42

Sound issue fixed. That was the debug mode I left enabled by accident.
Either re-download or delete the Debug=TRUE line in the setup.

Grimm Spector wrote:I was always under the impression that fighter drones were meant to be single use items though...
You were able to recover them in Reunion Vanilla and you can do so in TC.

Since I don't consider it good fun to manually recover dozens of drones all the time, MARS automatically does that.

Grimm Spector
x3tc

Post by Grimm Spector » Tue, 28. Oct 08, 19:59

Gazz wrote:Sound issue fixed. That was the debug mode I left enabled by accident.
Either re-download or delete the Debug=TRUE line in the setup.

Grimm Spector wrote:I was always under the impression that fighter drones were meant to be single use items though...
You were able to recover them in Reunion Vanilla and you can do so in TC.

Since I don't consider it good fun to manually recover dozens of drones all the time, MARS automatically does that.
ahh I figured since there was no return to base command for drones that there was no way to get them back, I figured they were just disposable cheap fighters, I mean 4K < 400K...by a lot...so....but I'm not about to fly around picking the damned things up yuck...

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Tue, 28. Oct 08, 23:23

Grimm Spector wrote:Amazing script, but I needed some help, I can't seem to find where to turn on/configure Goblin Missile Defense, and I don't see it in the commuinty plugins menu so I assume there's no configuration for MARS there at all?

I also can't find the AL plugin or how to use it to make AI Cap ships use MARS or any of the AL stuff mentioned in the post...could you help me out?
After you turned on the script editor, these show up under Gameplay -> Artificial Life Settings

GMDefense is enabled either along with every MARS turret script or can be enabled from the Collect Cargo command.

Version 3.50 released.

There is a new hotkey to deploy Keris and Mk2 as Goblin Mk2.
MARS only uses those if it's all out of regular drones.

Grimm Spector
x3tc

Post by Grimm Spector » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 03:21

Gazz wrote:
Grimm Spector wrote:Amazing script, but I needed some help, I can't seem to find where to turn on/configure Goblin Missile Defense, and I don't see it in the commuinty plugins menu so I assume there's no configuration for MARS there at all?

I also can't find the AL plugin or how to use it to make AI Cap ships use MARS or any of the AL stuff mentioned in the post...could you help me out?
After you turned on the script editor, these show up under Gameplay -> Artificial Life Settings

GMDefense is enabled either along with every MARS turret script or can be enabled from the Collect Cargo command.

Version 3.50 released.

There is a new hotkey to deploy Keris and Mk2 as Goblin Mk2.
MARS only uses those if it's all out of regular drones.
ty :D

SpenzOT
xr

Post by SpenzOT » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 03:41

Great script!

There is one problem I have found to be very annoying. The turrets will always switch targets before its primary target is destroyed. As soon as the shields are down the turrets switch targets. They also have trouble hitting M3's even when they are standing still.

It kind of sucks to have a field full of shield-less M3's,M4's, and M5's that are still fighting back. I want the turrets to blow their target up before they decide to switch.

Malkuth74
x3tc

Post by Malkuth74 » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 05:06

HI I installed this script and caused a crash in my game. For some reason The wording for my Quick menus was gone, like Jump Drive Best Buy etc.

Then the game crashed....

Why not release the game as SPK file? Only reason I ask because it was so hard to find all the files to delete.

Also why does the x3script file get overwritted. I'm thinking that this is what caused the problems.

SPK would of saved me a whole bunch of time.. And others if they have problems with the Script.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”