[SCR] MARS Fire Control (v5.25 - 16.02.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 27. Feb 14, 15:17

Excellent news! :)

kimitsu
x3ap

Post by kimitsu » Thu, 27. Feb 14, 19:14

Another question, how do I make Cease Fire function work forever rather than with timeout? This script automatically turns turrets back online after two minutes!! Why?!!!

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 27. Feb 14, 21:12

kimitsu wrote:This script automatically turns turrets back online after two minutes!! Why?!!!
Because turning it off forever is the same as disabling MARS. It is too easy to forget to turn turrets back on. What if you forget, then change to another ship? Most players want turrets to turn back on after a timeout. You can always press the hotkey again if you want more time.

Or, according to the manual:
  • Hotkey: Cease fire / Ignore target
    If an enemy is targeted this ship will permanently be ignored by every MARS system until you cancel the order the same way. The turrets and goblins can still "clear the trash" for you while you try to cap that elusive Pirate Nova Raider...
    If no enemy is targeted then a cease fire is transmitted to all MARS ships in the sector. It will last 60 seconds (editable in the config file) or until you cancel it the same way. Turrets will continue to track targets so they can resume firing without any delay.
    This is also available in the menu.

drfuzzyduck

Post by drfuzzyduck » Tue, 11. Mar 14, 07:48

I have the same problem as kimitsu getting readtext0-250 in AL, I have the correct MARS data File for XRM v1.27 in my addon/t directory, here is a picture of my plugin manager, some more infor MARS works on my previous saved game but when I make a new one I get the readtext0-250 and also an al.gui.main appearing in the AL menu.

http://imgur.com/DVWEciJ

I have reinstalled everything several times but can't get it to work as instructed, please help.
Last edited by drfuzzyduck on Tue, 11. Mar 14, 08:27, edited 1 time in total.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 11. Mar 14, 08:13

It is not the same problem as kimitsu if you experience it with the Repacked version installed.

ReadText 0 means that the script does not know on which page to look. Perhaps because you are missing a text file completely? MARS uses several text files; make sure that they are all in addon\t.

ezza84
x3tc

Post by ezza84 » Sat, 15. Mar 14, 14:28

hi everyone, I am having same Readtext0-250 error in AL section.

I am running XRM and playing on a mac.

Have installed using normal manual version ( with required adjustments, correct \t file placement etc, modified t file for XRM etc) and also tried same with DrBullwinkle version.

installed and uninstalled multiple times. Done everything basically. Still get a Readtext0-250 error on AL Plugin section.

it feels like I am missing something, maybe a file or something is missing from new packaged versions? dunno.

EDIT: I am 100% sure it is MARs since i actually re-installed everything one by one until i got t this ReadText0-250 when installing MARs. plus when i clicked on this Readtext error the subsequent customisation page opened, even though it was also filled with readtext errors i kept randomly clicking stuff untll i saw something mention MARS turret setting....followed by all sorts of null valued fields.

SOLUTION: Ok, since im using XRM it seems MARs is searching for all sorts of other mods first before doing its own install. IF you are starting a new game with XRM or anything, start that main mod first. Save game, load game and once again wait for any other AL plugins to finish installing and save again. Completely exit X3 ( dont just quick load previous savegame ) and then start the game up again and load your previous save, after awhile MARS will install saying that it has detected XRM by paulwheeler etc etc. So really need your XRM install and everything else to be properly in place before MARS will properly install and stuff. Complete shutdown of game is also required, not just a quick load straight after saving, as I was initially doing wrong.

RayF

Post by RayF » Thu, 10. Apr 14, 08:16

Hey guys,
first I playing TC with no other mods.(well, bonus pack + tubeless if you count as mods)
I installed a few days ago this script.

In config options where it says MARS for enemy everything if Off.

I was just wondering if anybody has noticed a great improvement in enemy AI after installing this? especially missile defense.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 10. Apr 14, 08:19

In TC, absolutely. I give MARS only to enemies in TC. It is awesome. :)

In AP, the vanilla turret scripts are pretty good, so there is less difference.

RayF

Post by RayF » Thu, 10. Apr 14, 08:35

so, the script increases enemy missile defense too even if in options i have them off??

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 10. Apr 14, 08:37

Only if you enable the script for enemies. :)

BrianManeke
x4

Post by BrianManeke » Tue, 13. May 14, 00:40

This Mars Script would be a great tool if it didnt bug out constantly!

I find that purchasing and going does not work, you actually have to fully leave the game and then come back in!

Next once all your goblins are gone it does not appear to be away to replace them! I especially liked them for picking up cargo/junk items floating about and missile defense wasnt bad either.

Truly I just wanted an M3+ that didnt suck when I jumped it into a fight that was more then my corvette and heavy fighters could handle. Now things just dont seem to be working. I have tried changing settings for how MARS is configured, even changing the Turrets to Offense and Defense and it just like stops working.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Tue, 27. May 14, 17:53

Goblins are easy to replace. Just buy any Fighter Drone, or the Terran version.

Technically, you'll want to use a mk1 drone for the collections, and mk2 or keris versions for butt stomping. :)

BTW: I made a 'slight' change the the Tships file. Gave the drones shields. :twisted:

This is REAL funny to run into when a hostile launches them at you. :o

Raye94
xr

Post by Raye94 » Mon, 23. Jun 14, 00:09

I also have the ReadText0-250 problem. I have tried to install MARS several times with XRM. I used the 7054-L044 replacement from XRM and omitted the repair drones cat/dat. I just can't seem to get it to install properly, even after enabling the script editor, saving, and restarting the game.

PantherRider
x4

Mars

Post by PantherRider » Tue, 24. Jun 14, 09:13

Not something I really need, but I would fancy a "Bully" setting for my turrets so I can maybe use this with the bailing addon, though I don't necessarily need it, as this script is awesome.

*PEST CONTROL ACTIVATED*
(The End)

I-HaTeD2
x3

Post by I-HaTeD2 » Fri, 18. Jul 14, 17:28

Where can I buy MARS Light?!
I checked several stations but I can only find the big version of it ...

chucktown079
x3ap

Post by chucktown079 » Sat, 26. Jul 14, 20:58

Sorry if this has been asked before but I found no way to search this topic without searching the whole sub forum. I wont spend hours reading this entire topic.

I accidentally set a friendly station to "priority target" due to a misclick and now it is hostile to me. I cannot dock there and i cant figure out how to make it friendly with me again. I did not fire on it because i was still 30km away but all i did was target it with MARS. What the hell?

darnock
x3ap

how can I tell that I have MARS installed correct?

Post by darnock » Tue, 29. Jul 14, 23:06

here is the mod

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=217470

so far I have no idea if its installed

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 30. Jul 14, 09:59

**Merged with MARS thread, as per S&M posting rules**

darnock wrote:so far I have no idea if its installed
Well, the most obvious hint as to whether a script has been installed or not, is checking, whether its features are present in your game. Having a brief look through the manual there is talk of different hotkeys, an AL Plugin and a piece of software equipment called "Motion Analysis Relay System (sold in nearly all equipment docks)".
In the manual there is also a section about the proper installation of MARS. If you're unsure, if you installed everything correctly, I would suggest reading that section again. Just note that when playing X3AP, the files have to go into the "addon" subfolder of your X3 Terran Conflict game directory.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

darqen27
x3tc

Post by darqen27 » Mon, 11. Aug 14, 19:01

chucktown079 wrote:Sorry if this has been asked before but I found no way to search this topic without searching the whole sub forum. I wont spend hours reading this entire topic.

I accidentally set a friendly station to "priority target" due to a misclick and now it is hostile to me. I cannot dock there and i cant figure out how to make it friendly with me again. I did not fire on it because i was still 30km away but all i did was target it with MARS. What the hell?
I found this script to fix this problem(I misclicked also), just googled hostile station, its pretty simple, I set the key to shift-f1

I only had this problem now, so sorry no one responded for you
- Darqen Tasquenesk

chopsticks24

Post by chopsticks24 » Sat, 20. Sep 14, 00:48

meine guete da forum is ja noch schlechter disfunktionell als das spiel roh.
:evil:

bei dem M.A.R.S. ding geht hier garnichts mehr, weil der naemlich versucht mir zu erzaehlen ich haette AP, dabei kann ich das garnicht leiden.
Dannn laed der eben mal die im .20 integrierten addon daten und das spiel crasht an fehlenden infos zu dem zusaetzlichen schiff das ich hab.

auch wenn ichs schaff das es in x3 edit angezeigt wird, der M.A.R.S. mod machts doch irgendwie kaputt.
da gibts echt nichts gutes mehr zu sagen. entweder wegschmeissen oder nochma die disfunktion installieren, nur um dann nen idioten zu kriegen der meint er muesse mal dumm rumposen. lies die inexistente anleitung?
ok, ich habs mir im forum angetan, aber mehr als dummes geseier kommt da auch nicht rueber.

Solchen leuten sollte man das keyboard durch den schaedel ziehen. ist auch ne art information.

Dabei such ich nur einen einfachen mod der dafuer sorgt, dass meine laser in den turrets entsprechend ihrer reichweite feuern. Was krieg ich?
einen haufen megalo*****.

Ansonsten hoert das spiel naemlich ganz schnell beim Kauf einer M7Spezial auf, wenn ich da 2 tage warte um eine waffe zu bauen, oder auch stundenlang durchsuche um eine zu finden. da nehm ich doch noch die mit weniger reichweite und .... schon hab ich keine gute mehr. dann machen naemlich alle nurnoch die kurze reichweite.

((auch wenns nicht hierher gehoert, ich hab x1 gespielt, und das hat gut funktioniert ganz im gegensatz zu X3, da gabs sogar formatio ohne das die gleich den leitjaeger umrennen. das ist ja echt ne qual zuzusehen, wie die krampfhaft versuchen hinter dem schiff zu bleiben, dabei sind die nunmal 3mal so schnell und koennen einfach nicht langsamer? muessen immer alle begleitschiffe langsamer sein und das leichteste dann mit der wichtigsten figur ganz vorne? das ist doch kein spiel mehr. das ist nurnoch ein haufen inkompetenter mist.))

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”