[SCR] [X3TC+X3AP] [25.01.2009] [V3.7.1] SpaceLootTransporter

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cadvan
x4

Post by Cadvan » Tue, 25. Nov 08, 11:58

it was up to now never implemented.

Up to now it haven't damaged the hull.

I asked here for your opinions about this cause:
mostly script for signing have some costs added. and for this case Lucike suggested that a small hull damage would be fit fine here. so i was asking about your opinion.
as far as i got answeres the consens was: no costs, cause it doesn't do annything more than the normal transporter should be able to do.
Also no wares needed, no EZ used or shield drain and no hull damage.

Let us see what script signing team says the day they can start to work.

Cadvan
x4

Post by Cadvan » Thu, 11. Dec 08, 19:31

ok, new update is here: version 3.7.0

- its no more needet to activate the script editor. the game will be automaticly set to modified.
- if you assign the ship wich is running "collect in sector" a homebase it will move there if its cargohold is full instead of any save station.
- if the cargohold is full or there aren't any (collectible) containers left in space you will recieve a message.

if something isn't working right please tell me so.

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Sat, 24. Jan 09, 17:00

hello huefte,

i would like to use in combat but i don't want to lose my trophy collectors. :)

1) so would it be possible to add if on the following ship classes= TS, TP, TM, TL has a fight command Mk1 and/or Mk2 installed the ship will try to evade/escape if is under attack under certain conditions. I.E. with a Mk1 will try to escape when shields hit 80% but with a Mk2 will try to escape when shields reach 40% (these values simulate the cockness of the pilot). if it succeeds; docks where ever, informs user that it is waiting for new commands. if there is no fight command software then it does what it is currently doing.

2) would it be possible to have a universal configuation to choose not to pickup illegal wares for those who don't want to be pirates?

3) i have found it odd that when ships jump there is a "flash" before jumping. if a player using the transporter to teleport from one ship to another there is a "flash" before and after teleporting. but there isn't one when collects wares. so to add that little extra "something" would it be possible to add the "flash" when the ship is picking up the items with the teleporter? and for those who don't like it--it can be turned off?

word translations from the first page:
Drohnes = Drones
Allgemeines = General Info
None of us is as smart as all of us. ~Ken Blanchard

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

Cadvan
x4

Post by Cadvan » Sun, 25. Jan 09, 14:53

Version 3.7.1 out now

Cargocontainer now explodes after the wares inside are transportet.
Collect in Sector now asks to collect illegal goods.
0 means don't collect them, 1 means collect them.

The SLT will look if the wares are illgeal in the sektor it is working in.

@ drafutt

2) if have made it that you coose it when you start the command to collect in sector. up to now its the only choice you could make over all so an extra menu would be a little bit much for this up to now.

3) I cannot create a flash with the script editor for this. all i can give to you is an explosion of the empty cargo container

1) The remote ships for SLT don't have a pilot, the are using this command with the autopilot. I've choosen before not to add routines like this to it cause of this case.
Doesn't have TLs allready a command to jump away if shildes are below a chooseable value?

Thanks for the translations, i've corrected them

Skite
x4

Post by Skite » Fri, 8. May 09, 19:48

You mention the collector will do it's job until hold goes below 1% of it's current cargo bay, but wouldn't that create a hassle if you would like to pick up missiles and such, or worse, set the command on a super freighter? 1% of 15.000 is still 150..

Cadvan
x4

Post by Cadvan » Mon, 18. May 09, 23:38

I had to choose a point when the scripts thinks "ship full"

If i would use real cargospace where should be the line? 100 would be to much for small ships and 0 ist usefull.
If i use 0 the the ship could idle around and around as long as it has 4 cargospace free but the 20 container in system all need more cargospace.

I thougt 1% would be a good point cause of medium sized ships.
If you think it should be smaller tell me so. But remember the smaller ships!

i shurely could make different numbers for each ship-type, but this would increase the script-size. and bigger scripts need more cpu-time!

lostsoulzeffigy
x4

Post by lostsoulzeffigy » Mon, 5. Oct 09, 21:50

possibly release the script without the explosion when a container is beamed aboard?

(or a quick post on what lines to remove in what files so that the explosions don't occur?)

Other than that this script seems to be very nice.

Cadvan
x4

Post by Cadvan » Wed, 7. Oct 09, 17:54

thats easy to do

in script "plugin.huefte.cargotrans.xml" in line 111 change
$flyingware -> destruct: show no explosion=[FALSE] to
$flyingware -> destruct: show no explosion=[TRUE]

same in script "plugin.huefte.cargotrans.transp.xml" in line 025

first script is the script for hotkey, second is for automatic collectors.

ogamerdg
x3tc

Post by ogamerdg » Wed, 7. Oct 09, 23:13

this might already have been asked/answered and i missed it but can it transport pilots/marines in space to your ship?

Cadvan
x4

Post by Cadvan » Thu, 8. Oct 09, 16:47

No it can not.
I don't know how to get the stats of the marines.
If i would do so you would always get new, untrained marines back on your ship.

emanon1002

Post by emanon1002 » Sat, 9. Apr 11, 22:18

humm ill have to try this one maby picking up contaners in space will work now with my ai ships being able to use a transporter to get wares no more ships chasing there tails and smashing into rocks seems like a great idea to use a transporter on any ship not just the player ship maby now i can really pick up them missles insted of watching my ships fly in circles while i beet my head agenst the desk

Cadvan
x4

Post by Cadvan » Thu, 19. Jan 12, 13:34

Tested and works fine with X3 AP too

Hyppe
x3tc

Post by Hyppe » Mon, 5. Mar 12, 22:24

Hi. Thank for the script :)

I'd really like the collecting ship to return home base after all the wares are collected instead of msg + hanging out in the sector. Is there any simple edit in the plugin.huefte.cargotrans.sector.xml to achieve this? It's so hard to follow the script without knowing any german :mrgreen:

zymurg
x3tc

Post by zymurg » Sat, 10. Mar 12, 16:14

This is a great script and I like it a lot.
I hope you don't mind, but I modified it to include the optional ability to pick up Astronauts as well. I really get frustrated of trying to pick those guys up and your spaceloop software works great for that.
I did it just for my own use and do not plan to upload it or anything.
Thanks for the script.
Ranking: Super Magnate/Overlord
Graphics: GTX 570 1920x1200 1.3GB 1 GCPU
PC 8GB RAM 2TB Disc Duo Quad 4 CPU, Win 7

Cadvan
x4

Post by Cadvan » Sat, 24. Mar 12, 22:38

I don't mind it if you change it for yourself.

I haven't added it because:
You need to add a checkup if life-support is on board
it's inpossible to transfer the data of these astronauts (as far as i know)-> marine-training-status, name and so on

Hyppe:

correct script :-)

to remove the message you have tro comment out the lines 107 to 113

to send the ship to homebase if there are no transportable cargo copy at least line 84 to line 114.
Better copy line 83 to 88 to line 114

Charon_A

Post by Charon_A » Sat, 19. May 12, 19:12

Cadvan, awesome script! Many thanks!
While playing around I noticed a little problem - hotkey is not being installed automatically. My investigation showed that culprit is "setup." in the hotkey uninstaller script name: "setup.uninstal.huefte.cargotrans"
This automatically unregisteres the hotkey on game load. :)
To have the hotkey autoregister you might want to change the name of the script to "uninstal.huefte.cargotrans" or smoth like that.
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
---Mark Twain---

Cadvan
x4

Post by Cadvan » Tue, 22. May 12, 16:22

ok, and who said you should copy the single script from the "scripts.uninstall"-folder into your "script"-folder? ;-)

if you would have copyed all files in the same folder they are lying inside the rar-file, you wouldn't have the uninstall-script in your script-folder.
and so the hotkey wouldn't get uninstalled.

Charon_A

Post by Charon_A » Tue, 22. May 12, 17:35

That happened automatically. I used Plugin Manager to install your script, apparently it simply grabs all the scripts it can find in the archive and puts them into the script folder.
So there may be other people out there without the hotkey simply not knowing that it should exist :P
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
---Mark Twain---

Cadvan
x4

Post by Cadvan » Wed, 23. May 12, 06:34

In this case you should report this problem to the author of plugin-manager.
I don't use it and put the uninstall-script in another folder in my rar-archiv.

ptb_ptb

Post by ptb_ptb » Mon, 12. Nov 12, 13:28

If your ship has an Ore Collector installed could this be used to pick up collectable rocks? I think that would be a real time / shield saver.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”