[SCR - TC] Auto Aim (v3, 20.02.09)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Spy-MasterX
x3tc

Post by Spy-MasterX » Fri, 4. May 12, 05:53

I know this is a very old thread, and what I'm about to ask is a very newbie question. But how do I set the hotkeys? I've installed the script and no idea how to use it. I only just started playing the game about a couple days ago and its the first game in its series I've ever touched, everything is all very new to me. I've been googling about everything but everything is mostly explained as if you have played a previous game. The learning curve is very steep. I only just found out that you have to use bore sight for auto aim to work, and I only just found out what using the bore sight was a couple hours ago. I;m flying the ship you first get when you pick argon patriot, an elite I think, with maxed speed, cargo and rudder upgrades with mk1 and mk2 fight software. I just realised I could mount a turret, so I bought another of whatever my elites default weapon was and put it as the turret, and set it to missile defence, but it is hopeless at defending against missiles, I have better luck turning my whole ship towards the missile and firing it down manually. But this isn't helpful when I'm trying to run away from a whole xenon army, or have a whole swarm of missiles coming for me. This script looked as if it could help, but I don't know how to use it xP (let alone any other script).

kelmenwong
x3tc

Post by kelmenwong » Fri, 4. May 12, 08:13

open the control menu ( / key, then control)
goto last tab, at bottom section, find these auto-aim: XXX

what you primary need is the control for aa:fire
in my case, i assign ` (left key of num 1) for fire

when you targeted an enemy, press the aa:fire, when in range, it will auto-aim and fire

iirc, you need to set another "auto-aim" to be on/fully/auto, which should shown at bottom left screen, it's a vanilla feature.

Spy-MasterX
x3tc

Post by Spy-MasterX » Fri, 4. May 12, 08:27

Thank you very much I will try this as soon as possible

Spy-MasterX
x3tc

Post by Spy-MasterX » Fri, 4. May 12, 08:42

BTW I have had it set at auto, using the "k" button, but what does iirc mean? heh...

TouchMyNipple
x4

Post by TouchMyNipple » Fri, 4. May 12, 10:14

Wonder if this will be considered as a necropost but still...
I wanted to have a consultation on a topic of making a reliable script to fire main guns of, say, M7 while using outside camera.
Lemme explain - i use a joystick and more than that i plan on getting a two-stick system. And i realy enjoy flying m3 and m6 while only firing boresigth. No cursorfiring and stuff. But when it comes to an M7 it happens that i have to bother more about positioning so that as many turrets as possible are engaging target. Optimal in that case is 3rd-person camera. But then it is actualy impossible to use ships main guns.
I tried to use side monitors to aim mains but that is simply a nonsence - it doesn't even highlight ships so sometimes you can't even find them.
So what i was thinking if it is possible to make auto-aim a toggle-aiming mode to use with outside camera and aim at selected taget while not firing until i actualy hit "fire" button?
Haste-whip TrixX!

Waylander2
x4

Post by Waylander2 » Sat, 22. Dec 12, 18:53

Hi Gazz

Will this work with AP?

Thanks
Waylander

i7 3930K @ 3.20
780GTX DC2
32gb of ram

Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge is limited...!" [Albert Einstein]

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sun, 23. Dec 12, 01:53

All TC scripts will work with AP unless they reference specific ship types or in some cases, wares, so it's usually more complex projects.
This one should work.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Waylander2
x4

Post by Waylander2 » Sun, 23. Dec 12, 05:49

Kinda what a though

So I copied the files into the script dir, ran the game, change my name to Thereshallbewings, saved, reloaded but still cant set any controls.

Might be i have not played the game for ages and have just forgot sometihng very basic.

If you could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Cheers and thanks for all your great scripts.

Chris
Waylander

i7 3930K @ 3.20
780GTX DC2
32gb of ram

Fantasy is more important than knowledge, because knowledge is limited...!" [Albert Einstein]

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sun, 23. Dec 12, 12:05

You can skip the Thereshallbewings step with my or Lucike's scripts.
Beyond that there's nothing but copying the files...
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

palentier
x3ap

Re: [SCR - TC] Auto Aim (v3, 20.02.09)

Post by palentier » Mon, 11. Feb 19, 22:08

Sorry for resurrecting this one but I wondered if a version of this was ever made for AP? I really don't love the combat enough to play with out it :)

Altruist
x3ap

Post by Altruist » Thu, 14. Feb 19, 19:56

palentier wrote:
Mon, 11. Feb 19, 22:08
Sorry for resurrecting this one but I wondered if a version of this was ever made for AP? I really don't love the combat enough to play with out it :)
Have you tried it?
It has been a while but I think I remember that I was using this script without problems in AP.

TheObscenotron
x4

Post by TheObscenotron » Thu, 17. Oct 19, 00:31

Hey! I doubt anyone's watching this thread at this point, but if anyone sees this I'm wondering how feasible it would be to modify this script to separate the functionality of the Fire/Target hotkeys entirely.

I'm using it in XRM without issue, except for the fact that in order to prevent my ship from auto-firing, when all I really want is the Target/Repair functionality, I need to hit the Target hotkey, then the Fire hotkey (to disable auto-firing) - for each target.

Obviously that's quite annoying, which is a bummer given the Target/Repair functionality is very helpful.

I haven't dug into X scripting before, but I am a developer, so if anyone can point me in the right direction I'm sure I can figure it out.

Altruist
x3ap

Post by Altruist » Fri, 18. Oct 19, 19:04

Great idea!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”