[SCR - TC] Auto Aim (v3, 20.02.09)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

tontonfred
x3

Post by tontonfred » Wed, 3. Dec 08, 19:21

Gazz wrote:is there a polite version of "sucks"?
I think the words you are looking for are "does not quite perform to my tastes" :P

Anyway, got a similar problem as xiriod : if I use hotkey 1x, most often it won't shoot (I tried toggling several times, doesn't do anything); if I then use hotkey 2x, it will correctly target and then shoot. Not a big deal, as I bound the hotkey to RMB, I just double-right-click with the enemy in front of me, and it works that way.

BTW, thank you thank you thank you for the auto-repairlaser, I was tired of sticking a pin in my mouse to hold down the right mouse button !

Fred

Denamic
x4

Post by Denamic » Thu, 4. Dec 08, 19:32

All I really want is to be able to shoot at M5 ships and actually hit once in a while.
Doing that in, say, a katana this close to impossible.
Of course, the M6 Katana has issues hitting any fighter, due to its hueg space between its frontal guns.
Well, the MARS turret script takes care of M5 ships pretty well, but it's still very hard to hit fighters in general with a Katana.
It's very frustrating when you're like 100m away from a xenon L, shooting at it with all your might, but the width of the ship and the lack of auto aim makes you literally shoot around it. All while the other 25 xenon ships in the area are eating away at your shields, fast. Missing at point blank does not make me a happy person.
Violence only works if you use it.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 4. Dec 08, 19:35

Have you tried the classic flight mode with auto aim or does that not work, either?

It works extremely well for me and makes this script's original function practically obsolete. (not to mention that it was only a crude workaround to begin with =)
Last edited by Gazz on Thu, 4. Dec 08, 20:25, edited 1 time in total.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Denamic
x4

Post by Denamic » Thu, 4. Dec 08, 20:17

Hadn't thought of that.
I'll give it a go.

Edit: Never mind! I found a way to make it work. Just keep the bore-sight on the reticle thing and press the 'fire through bore-sight' key (default ctrl), and the auto-aim will shoot for you (and actually hit (!!))! Feels good to hit things.
Violence only works if you use it.

ragamer
x4

Post by ragamer » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 13:12

Erm... Even with Advanced Controls up you can make your lasers converge.

It's the Fire on Reticule key, default mapped to CTRL. So you can use CTRL to focus fire on those pesky M5 and at the same time using Mouse Firing to shoot at the capitals with a wider angle while you are free to move.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 18. Dec 08, 20:52

Version 2 released.

Functions moved to separate hotkeys, improved targeting.
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Thu, 18. Dec 08, 21:54

This is a nice simply script, but Gazz, why not just rebind your joystick/mouse/other to fire, instead of fire from boresight?

It puts it back to the X3R way of shooting

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Thu, 18. Dec 08, 21:56

we hadnt figured that out yet back in the day
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 18. Dec 08, 22:10

s9ilent wrote:This is a nice simply script, but Gazz, why not just rebind your joystick/mouse/other to fire, instead of fire from boresight?
Oh, I am using 100 % classic mode now.

Some people have abysmal frame rates in TC. Telling them to use boresight is just mean when they can't possibly line up any target. =P

Basically this is auto aim deluxe and gives a player M4 some chance to survive a swarm missile attack.

A single missile is no problem but what about 8 Flail simultaneously?

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Fri, 19. Dec 08, 21:42

The best thing about this is you can use your repair laser and SETA :D Great!

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 19. Dec 08, 22:55

Well, I'm all for convenience and it's quite unlikely that the space suit would become overpowered.

I haven't died by crashing the space suit into a ship, lately, but I remember doing that.
So it now has a hand brake, too...

Bootlegger reverse, Mr. Sulu!

Version 3 released.

Betty won't complain about missing lasers if the ship can't possibly have any cockpit lasers.

rainbow2009

Post by rainbow2009 » Tue, 5. May 09, 12:44

pret auto
:) :wink:
Thanks for the feedback. That is very useful.

Venutian

Post by Venutian » Tue, 18. Aug 09, 21:40

I had problem with springblossom's guns not converging correctly with default targeting and this script basically fixed the issue. Great script. Would this script have any issue with MARS or would MARS just make this script obsolete? Thanks!

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Wed, 19. Aug 09, 11:28

This script here only affects cockpit guns which MARS does not touch.

Smacksim
x4

Post by Smacksim » Sun, 18. Oct 09, 20:01

Thanks so much for this script. I've been using the repair feature which really should be in vanilla as it adds a bit of a breather to repairs without cheating. Excellent stuff Gazz.

orlando100

Post by orlando100 » Wed, 30. Dec 09, 14:55

THX very usefull
Gazz wrote: If anyone wants to butcher or rewrite it - feel free to do so.
I will do some tuning
and add some options.

Neskiairti
x3tc

Post by Neskiairti » Sat, 26. Jun 10, 15:59

should be noted.. this addon seems to randomly cause a crash in the latest version... 2.7.1 I'm not sure about 2.7

some times when triggering auto-aim the game just locks up.
Eeep! it got me again!

Jaga_Telesin
x4

Post by Jaga_Telesin » Mon, 9. Aug 10, 19:03

You probably don't see a lot of feedback on this script Gazz, but I wanted to chime in and say "thank you".

I fly with a mouse/keyboard setup, and when in a ship that turns slowly (like most big ships), classic flight mode just doesn't cut it. Having to continually move the mouse to reset it on the mousepad and keep dragging to keep turning.. ugh. And using the mouse flight mode destroys shot accuracy as you know.

With your script, I can have the best of both worlds - easy turning of bigger/slower ships with a mouse, and good accuracy on forward guns. I have found my survivability has gone up in dogfights using it on an M3 fighter as well.

I would highly recommend this script to *anyone* using mouse/keyboard flight controls.

Cheers.

Temo
x4

Post by Temo » Mon, 13. Sep 10, 02:55

Gazz wrote:I had the same issue for a while.
A complete reinstall of TC fixed the crashes.

After that the exact same script worked without a problem.
yes it's a great script.
but it still cause random crashes.
i've tried to reinstall over itself, but still CTD. i've started to experience those crashes with me flying fast ships like Arrow.
should i remove the game and install it gain or what?

are you sure it's ok with other scripts cuz i have many of them running.

anachron13
x3tc

Post by anachron13 » Tue, 2. Nov 10, 23:43

Same problem here. Random crash even on a fresh install.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”