[Mayhem 3.14d] Rebalance Mod 1.0 - Stronger Factions

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

dunderhead327
x3ap

Re: [Mayhem 3.14d] Rebalance Mod 1.0 - Stronger Factions

Post by dunderhead327 » Tue, 12. Oct 21, 14:41

Hector0x wrote:
Mon, 11. Oct 21, 19:07
dunderhead327 wrote:
Mon, 11. Oct 21, 16:32
However, I notice that while the M1s and M2+s have had their hanger capacities drastically reduced, the M7Cs haven't.
That was Joubarbe's doing. He didn't change the M7Cs because of their exterior docking clamps. It would look wierd if most of them remain empty. iirc their ship price got raised a bit.
OK, fair enough. Griffons and Ariadnes it is then!

They still seem to be ridiculously good value - perhaps they should have their weapons loadouts nerfed? Maybe limit them to heavy weapons in the main battery, and medium in the turrets? Should such small, cheap ships really have access to capital class weapons?

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 08:10

dunderhead327 wrote:
Tue, 12. Oct 21, 14:41
Hector0x wrote:
Mon, 11. Oct 21, 19:07
dunderhead327 wrote:
Mon, 11. Oct 21, 16:32
However, I notice that while the M1s and M2+s have had their hanger capacities drastically reduced, the M7Cs haven't.
That was Joubarbe's doing. He didn't change the M7Cs because of their exterior docking clamps. It would look wierd if most of them remain empty. iirc their ship price got raised a bit.
OK, fair enough. Griffons and Ariadnes it is then!

They still seem to be ridiculously good value - perhaps they should have their weapons loadouts nerfed? Maybe limit them to heavy weapons in the main battery, and medium in the turrets? Should such small, cheap ships really have access to capital class weapons?
Those ships are also prone to getting killed by stupidly flying into an enemy fleet, much like your other ships. They're already weak defensively and they don't have a stronger laser generator compared to normal M7s to support their weapons. I think it's fine as is.

dunderhead327
x3ap

Post by dunderhead327 » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 16:45

I was thinking, at least partly, of OOS, where laser recharge rates are largely ignored. I expect someone is going to tell me that this has been fixed as part of the OOS/IS rebalancing, in which case you may well be right.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 19:41

dunderhead327 wrote:
Wed, 13. Oct 21, 16:45
I was thinking, at least partly, of OOS, where laser recharge rates are largely ignored. I expect someone is going to tell me that this has been fixed as part of the OOS/IS rebalancing, in which case you may well be right.
i believe i only assigned weaker guns on the cheap M7C like Griffon and Ariadne. Other M7 should be much better armed. And you're right about energy being irrelevant. At least it should already be this way. If any ships are ever running low on energy in M3R i would've made a mistake and would need to change it. Laser energy doesn't apply OOS and the AI doesn't understand it. That's 2 reasons why it fails as a mechanic and shouldn't even exist.

dunderhead327
x3ap

Post by dunderhead327 » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 21:38

Hector0x wrote:
Wed, 13. Oct 21, 19:41
dunderhead327 wrote:
Wed, 13. Oct 21, 16:45
i believe i only assigned weaker guns on the cheap M7C like Griffon and Ariadne. Other M7 should be much better armed. And you're right about energy being irrelevant. At least it should already be this way. If any ships are ever running low on energy in M3R i would've made a mistake and would need to change it. Laser energy doesn't apply OOS and the AI doesn't understand it. That's 2 reasons why it fails as a mechanic and shouldn't even exist.
No, both the Griffon and Ariadne carry capital class weapons. Agreed, the Griffon is not as well armed as the other Argon M7s, but she still has 4 PAAs.

The Ariadne is a different story, especially if we don't need to worry about laser energy. Full tooled up, she carries 16 FBCs, 4 PSGs and 24 M3s. Compare that to the Deimos (18 FBC and 6 M3s), Agamemnon (22 FBCs), and even the Zeus M1 (20 FBC and 25 M3s). She may be a bit fragile for an M7, but she's not slow. A real bargain!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”