[X3LU] Mayhem 2.9.13

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Post Reply
KroelleBoelle
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat, 19. Jan 19, 15:45

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.7.8

Post by KroelleBoelle » Wed, 6. Feb 19, 12:57

olek_skilgannon wrote:
Wed, 23. Jan 19, 04:50
KroelleBoelle wrote:
Tue, 22. Jan 19, 11:36


I am using DA's, stopping them from working fixed my persistent crash I originally reported, and I manually delivered the resources for about 12 hours with no issue, since then I have deleted the "distribution" jobs at the logistics screen, and now have two DA's per station, I've about 48 hours since without a crash, I still don't know the cause of the crashes, but there is no doubt in my mind that it was the DAs, and quite possibly the distribution part, but if you are not distributing, I don't know what it could be.


hey sorry for being unclear i was distributing with the DAs and thats what also caused my crash, because as soon i cancel all jobs for the DAs the crash will not occur.
So now your DAs are distributing? Just trying to find a workaround to play this awesome mod without DAs. Manually distributing myself doesnt sound really like my cup of tea, too tedious and boring. Maybe i try to get an internal network going and then activate the DAs to only collect from my stations.
No, my DAs are only doing acquire jobs.
I don't really need the distribution jobs, the station agents take what they need, as long as the factories are set to allow SA & DA, your Sanctuary also needs to be set to allow SA & DA.
The Dock Agents bring in everything I need to build stations, ships and lasers, and also provide for the local factories, I choose the no food perk for every station, so I don't have to worry over starving population.

You really only need the distribution jobs if you want to sell off excess resources, but that isn't really necessary either, money is not as important in this mod because you make just about everything yourself.
where do you set up the factories to allow sa and da? Is it to allow your race traders? Or am I missing some menu where you can tell them that?

olek_skilgannon
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed, 4. Apr 12, 12:57
x3ap

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.7.8

Post by olek_skilgannon » Thu, 7. Feb 19, 04:30

KroelleBoelle wrote:
Wed, 6. Feb 19, 12:57
olek_skilgannon wrote:
Wed, 23. Jan 19, 04:50
KroelleBoelle wrote:
Tue, 22. Jan 19, 11:36


I am using DA's, stopping them from working fixed my persistent crash I originally reported, and I manually delivered the resources for about 12 hours with no issue, since then I have deleted the "distribution" jobs at the logistics screen, and now have two DA's per station, I've about 48 hours since without a crash, I still don't know the cause of the crashes, but there is no doubt in my mind that it was the DAs, and quite possibly the distribution part, but if you are not distributing, I don't know what it could be.


hey sorry for being unclear i was distributing with the DAs and thats what also caused my crash, because as soon i cancel all jobs for the DAs the crash will not occur.
So now your DAs are distributing? Just trying to find a workaround to play this awesome mod without DAs. Manually distributing myself doesnt sound really like my cup of tea, too tedious and boring. Maybe i try to get an internal network going and then activate the DAs to only collect from my stations.
No, my DAs are only doing acquire jobs.
I don't really need the distribution jobs, the station agents take what they need, as long as the factories are set to allow SA & DA, your Sanctuary also needs to be set to allow SA & DA.
The Dock Agents bring in everything I need to build stations, ships and lasers, and also provide for the local factories, I choose the no food perk for every station, so I don't have to worry over starving population.

You really only need the distribution jobs if you want to sell off excess resources, but that isn't really necessary either, money is not as important in this mod because you make just about everything yourself.
where do you set up the factories to allow sa and da? Is it to allow your race traders? Or am I missing some menu where you can tell them that?
Yes, Allow your traders under the "adjust station parameters" menu.
I also find that the station traders deliver goods to the sanctuaries also.

Under the logistics page, when you create an acquire job, you can choose to acquire the resources from traders, a specific sanctuary, or factories in a specific sector, this tells your DA where to get the resources from.

olek_skilgannon
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed, 4. Apr 12, 12:57
x3ap

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.7.9

Post by olek_skilgannon » Sun, 10. Feb 19, 09:53

Just a quick question.
Spoiler
Show
When the global invasion kicks in, do the daily invasions cease?
Last edited by olek_skilgannon on Sun, 10. Feb 19, 15:48, edited 1 time in total.

Taylor2008
Posts: 258
Joined: Fri, 20. Mar 09, 17:38
x4

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.7.9

Post by Taylor2008 » Sun, 10. Feb 19, 12:47

Please set such questions in spoiler-tags ! :x

User avatar
Joubarbe
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue, 31. Oct 06, 13:11
xr

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.7.9

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 10. Feb 19, 14:26

Spoiler
Show
You'll see.

olek_skilgannon
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed, 4. Apr 12, 12:57
x3ap

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.7.9

Post by olek_skilgannon » Sun, 10. Feb 19, 15:45

Taylor2008 wrote:
Sun, 10. Feb 19, 12:47
Please set such questions in spoiler-tags ! :x
Sorry :doh:

olek_skilgannon
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed, 4. Apr 12, 12:57
x3ap

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.7.9

Post by olek_skilgannon » Mon, 11. Feb 19, 10:02

I've picked up a couple of potential bugs, nothing game breaking.

Found "credits" as a loot drifting in space after a battle, sending a ship to collect wares in the sector would end the collection once they got to the "Credits"

I have found another instance of "Scrap" as loot, this is running 2.7.9.

Seen a couple of instances of Vulture TS ships flying past me doing 200 m/s plus, while their max speed listed is 74 m/s.

User avatar
Dr2i
Posts: 765
Joined: Sun, 12. Feb 12, 22:18

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.7.9

Post by Dr2i » Mon, 11. Feb 19, 14:36

Joubarbe,

Unless it is my unluckiness: when importing a game, the Trans-Orbital gates are not imported nor generated in the new universe.
I'm naturally unfriendly sometimes. Don't take what I say too badly.

User avatar
Joubarbe
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue, 31. Oct 06, 13:11
xr

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.7.9

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 11. Feb 19, 15:22

Dr2i wrote:
Mon, 11. Feb 19, 14:36
Joubarbe,

Unless it is my unluckiness: when importing a game, the Trans-Orbital gates are not imported nor generated in the new universe.
Hmm... E/I is just a new game, so it uses the current maps\x3_universe.xml. With the latest version, I regenerated the universe, so you should use the Your Universe Is Ugly tool to generate another one with Trans-Orbital gates.

...

But the problem is that the E/I won't work if the universe is not the same... Hmm I knew I shouldn't have regenerated the universe. You're probably f*cked :) (or you have a backup of your previous universe, YUIU is supposed to make one in addon\maps\)

User avatar
Dr2i
Posts: 765
Joined: Sun, 12. Feb 12, 22:18

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.7.9

Post by Dr2i » Mon, 11. Feb 19, 16:08

Joubarbe wrote:
Mon, 11. Feb 19, 15:22
Hmm... E/I is just a new game, so it uses the current maps\x3_universe.xml. With the latest version, I regenerated the universe, so you should use the Your Universe Is Ugly tool to generate another one with Trans-Orbital gates.

...

But the problem is that the E/I won't work if the universe is not the same... Hmm I knew I shouldn't have regenerated the universe. You're probably f*cked :) (or you have a backup of your previous universe, YUIU is supposed to make one in addon\maps\)
I'm not sure I understood all that.
If I wanted to keep my universe, I should've copy-pasted it from addon\maps in maps\ and renamed it x3_universe.xml? and then imported?
And that means that I would need my universe. I should still have it in addon\maps\ unless I started a new game right? (export/import does not generate a new universe right?)

But then the E/I won't work if the universe is not the same... what do you mean by that? If I do an import without copy-pasting my universe, then I am indeed changing universe. My imported game is ****** in what sense? Only in that I won't have the trans-orbital gates or it's ****** like in completely ******?

If I generate a new universe with YUIU and copy it in maps\, can I use it in an import? Would I get new sector caracteristics in addition to trans-orbital gates?

If it's too much explanation, just tell my if the import/export is completly broken, if I can keep playing in the new universe without trans-orbital gates and if I can use a new universe with the import.
I'm naturally unfriendly sometimes. Don't take what I say too badly.

User avatar
Joubarbe
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue, 31. Oct 06, 13:11
xr

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.7.9

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 11. Feb 19, 16:25

Actually I'm not sure. What I think happened is:

1/ You started a new game with universe A.
2/ You patched Mayhem to the new version, which comes with a new universe B (without Trans-Orbital gates).
3/ You E/I, but with a new universe B.

So you should look into X3\addon\maps and see if there's something called "x3_universe.xmlBackup". That should be your previous universe A with Trans-Orbital gates.

It shouldn't be a big problem to regenerate a new universe (C) and E/I though. Backgrounds won't be the same, but I think the rest will be ok, because almost everything is script-oriented in Mayhem.

asdx
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu, 12. Jan 17, 14:34
x3ap

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.7.9

Post by asdx » Mon, 11. Feb 19, 17:47

So, I'm a touch confused how I'm supposed to outfit my OWP's. Checking here before I destroy the one I put up earlier.

User avatar
Joubarbe
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue, 31. Oct 06, 13:11
xr

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.7.9

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 12. Feb 19, 01:55

asdx wrote:
Mon, 11. Feb 19, 17:47
So, I'm a touch confused how I'm supposed to outfit my OWP's. Checking here before I destroy the one I put up earlier.
As the little tutorial message says: use a Transporter Device.

stardiis
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri, 21. Sep 18, 12:48

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.7.9

Post by stardiis » Tue, 12. Feb 19, 13:11

BUG report: There was a abandoned Boron cargo ship. Once I claimed it, one of the nearby Splite battleship would turn hostile to me instantly. Born and Splite were not at war.
This bug happened few times when I claim some of the other abandoned ship.

Save file can be download below:
https://mega.nz/#!vWAwDKoZ!ReHmKBIMtXOZ ... EUgaJHloRI

olek_skilgannon
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed, 4. Apr 12, 12:57
x3ap

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 2.7.9

Post by olek_skilgannon » Wed, 13. Feb 19, 04:32

stardiis wrote:
Tue, 12. Feb 19, 13:11
BUG report: There was a abandoned Boron cargo ship. Once I claimed it, one of the nearby Splite battleship would turn hostile to me instantly. Born and Splite were not at war.
This bug happened few times when I claim some of the other abandoned ship.

Save file can be download below:
https://mega.nz/#!vWAwDKoZ!ReHmKBIMtXOZ ... EUgaJHloRI
I get this occasionally, I deal with it by checking if there are any stationary ships close by, if so they are locked onto that ship, and if you claim it, they agro.
I either move on or destroy the ship instead of claiming it to free up the ship locked onto it, though others on the forum have said to wait till the faction owning the ship leave the sector.

Post Reply

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”