All games on X3 engine freeze

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Cirind
x4

All games on X3 engine freeze

Post by Cirind » Mon, 27. Nov 23, 17:59

I've ran into the problem that after some time every X3 game freezes (sound also loops). No matter if old save or if new. After reaching the same point both will freeze. I did reinstall the game. I did reinstall the drivers. Checked health of all PC components, even replaced ram memory and did complete clear reinstall of windows and issue still persists, so now I'm asking you the users of Egosoft forums for help. Or idea what to do.

Edit 1:

Almost forgot. Here are the specs of PC.
1660 TI.
Ryzen 7 2700X.
32 GB's of ram.
64 bit Windows 10 pro.

Cirind
x4

Re: All games on X3 engine freeze

Post by Cirind » Fri, 1. Dec 23, 22:40

And yes I did check if it may be the rare case of some of my owned ship causing this freeze. Cancelled all of their commands. And game still froze at the same moment.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 2. Dec 23, 16:46

Please run a DxDiag, save the text output and upload to a reputable public fileshare site and post the open public sharing link here. That will allow us to see your system and drivers for any anomalies as well as possibly providing useful AppHang reports.

Since you seem to know exactly when the freeze will happen in your game progress, an uploaded vanilla link from just before it will reliably happen may be useful for further investigation too. Obviously state which X3 game it is.

Have you tried running the game in any earlier version compatibility modes since the X3 engine was written for the Windows XP era?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Cirind
x4

Post by Cirind » Tue, 26. Dec 23, 14:22

Sorry for late response.

Here is a link to Dxdiag together with savefile right before a crash in X3FL. Crash happens on my PC exactly on Flying: 30-16:10 in game, did also try to run it in all compatibility modes from windows 8 to windows XP service pack 3 but outcome was the same every single time.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Those freezes also don't appear in windows reliability monitor.

Also sorry but due to the language of my windows dxdiag is partially in polish ^^'.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 27. Dec 23, 15:48

I had a look at your DxDiag. The most obvious issue was that you have many different sound devices and drivers all running at the same time. Also you have generic Microsoft sound drivers for your Realtek onboard sound chipset. I would disable any sound input/output devices and their drivers that you do not use in Control Panel, Device Manager, Sound/Audio Devices (right-click on a device in the listing for a disable/enable pop-up). If you keep the onboard sound then get the latest Realtek WHQL driver for it from either the Realtek Driver site or from the Windows Driver Cache.

Next I looked at your Windows Error Reporting and noticed that you have had a few bluescreen issues. Those are usually due to driver, OS or hardware issues rather than from applications. Also you have a few game manager issues and I would advise not using 3rd party game managers or profilers with X games. Lastly there are a few updating issues reported. There are no X3-related AppHangs listed.

I don't know if any of this will help with your X3 issues but good luck.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”