X3 TC - Incorrectly Using 2 Gaming Input Devices?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

kronovan
x3tc

X3 TC - Incorrectly Using 2 Gaming Input Devices?

Post by kronovan » Thu, 21. Jul 22, 23:50

I read the Joystick FAQ and the Common Problems and Resolutions webpage, but neither provided a solution. I hope there isn't other documents or webpages I'm supposed to read 1st, but if there is I plead ignorance. :wink:

First off, I've noticed this about the input device options on the Launcher:
If I access Input Devices, all of the settings like the selected device in the "Joystick Settings" box and the "Use Throttle", "Use Rudder", "Use POV hat to look around" and "Display Controller Layout" checkboxes never get saved. If I choose my Thrustmaster T.16000M Joystick (what I want for controlling this game) in the Joystick Settings box and enable those checkboxes which apply and then click [OK], the next time I start and check that menu, my Tartarus 2 gaming keypad is listed as the device. As well, for all 4 of my gaming devices, the "Use Throttle", "Use Rudder", "Use POV hat to look around" are always enabled even if I've previously disabled them.

The Controls settings inside the game for cockpit controls like "Ship Roll", "Ship Pitch", "Ship Yaw" and "Ship Speed" do get saved and seem to work for the most part. Although, without the launcher > Input Devices properly saving the device I've selected, it's hard to be sure which of my 4 devices is Joystick 1. Under Win10 Setting > Devices > Game Controllers > [Advanced], my T.160000M is set at the device to use with older programs. That does appear to correspond to what X3 is identifying as Joystick 1. I also get a Joystick 2 device listed in the Controls menus, but it's easy enough to ignore it by choosing the "None" setting.

But here's my real problem. X3 TC is reading both my Thrustmaster T.16000M Joystick and my Tartarus 2 gaming keypad and assigning them mappings. This is far from a new experience for me with my PC. For older older games that continually poll for gaming devices, my Tartarus 2 keypad's mouse scrolling wheel and thumbstick sometimes interfere with my my joystick's X axis or twist rudder axis. With the the result that the stick or rudder will slowly skew to the right. I wasn't fully aware of that until recently when I played a driving game and the steering wheel was visibly, slowly turning to the right. That game allowed me to ignore my Tartarus 2 as a device and it now controls perfectly. Meanwhile, I do want to use my gaming keypad with X3, but only by mapping keyboard presses to it using its own software outside of X3. So unplugging it from my PC isn't a solution.

For X3 TC my T.16000M's X axis is being interfered with, to the extent I can only keep my ship straight if I constantly apply some leftward pressure on the stick - very annoying. As well, both my Tartarus 2's thumbstick and my T.16000M's Hat are being mapped for POV scrolling. That despite having selected my T.16000M in the Launcher > Input Devices menu.
It should be noted that both X3 AP and X3 FL control correctly with my current PC config. So for the series, my Joystick's X-axis being interfered with is purely a TC problem

So...is there anything in the X3 TC menus that will let me stop it from polling my gaming keypad - like not recognizing the device at all?
And if there isn't, are there any config files I can edit to ensure the correct device is selected and force it to ignore some devices?
Or is there perhaps another solution out there?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”