Another Joystick problem.. Steam?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

fastesteddy13
x3

Another Joystick problem.. Steam?

Post by fastesteddy13 » Sun, 3. Apr 22, 12:14

Hi All..

So excited to try Farnhams addition to X3, did a fresh install of Ubuntu 18.04, bought a sidewinder precision 2, downloaded x3 from steam, joysick wont work!!

It is detected on X3 boot menu, can see it doing stuff in the configure controller menu, can remap buttons etc.. Tried a couple of other simple games, also installed the linux joystick calibration tool, joystick works fine.. But going into any X3 game (Albion, Terran or Farnham) and the joystick is completely dead, nothing works. Have tried to assign buttons in the game but nothing is detected. Have 'reset to Xbox controller' in the X3 boot menu as suggested on the forum but I cannot get the game to see my joystick.

Spent several hours trying to sort this, and have scoured the forum but cant find any solution..

Is there setting, or file where I can specify my joystick to be used in the game?

Any ideas please?

fastesteddy13
x3

Re: Another Joystick problem.. Steam?

Post by fastesteddy13 » Wed, 6. Apr 22, 10:28

No takers yet?
I had a long session trying t find out more info on the net last night, read many posts of folks having specific problems with gamepads and joysticks, but could not find one where the game did not see the joystick.

But I did find someone having trouble with a different game on steam where the joystick would not work. I had not realized that steam had controller settings, when I had a look at mine, it did not make much sense with some options I had never seen before icluding all sorts of steam hardware. Anyway, the controller settings can see my sidewinder, but it does not allow me to put a tick next to it, clicking on it takes me into a menu where I think I can remap buttons, but there is no way of saving any changes with 'cancel' and 'cler and exit' being the only options..

Apologies if I am putting a steam problem on here (still not certain where the problem lies) but trying to navigate through the endless steam 'suport' menus always ends up on the egosoft forum..

I will try and get through to steam support about this, but if anyone out there has any wisdom on this I would be very grateful as I am not making any progress yet..

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”