Universal Traders Full and Idle - X3 TC

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

earofcorn

Universal Traders Full and Idle - X3 TC

Post by earofcorn » Mon, 22. Nov 21, 02:15

X3: TC

I’m very confused why a significant number of my universal traders appear stuck with full cargo holds and no where to apparently sell their goods. Will they resume when a viable option to sell their goods opens up? Is there something I can do to solve this?
Last edited by earofcorn on Mon, 22. Nov 21, 02:58, edited 1 time in total.

earofcorn

Re: Universal Traders Full and Idle

Post by earofcorn » Mon, 22. Nov 21, 02:17

I just noticed I set their home base to a complex I own. Does a UT working with their home base as my complex work differently than a standard UT?

The UT’s with no home base assigned seem to be working fine…

Stranger still when I unassign their home base and try to reactivate their UT they don’t do it. Stuck on full cargo and idle… should I dump their and reset them?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Universal Traders Full and Idle - X3 TC

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 22. Nov 21, 09:29

Depending upon the level of their pilots, they may not be seeing a good deal for their cargo within their range limit. Alternatively, better skilled UT pilots will avoid going to sectors that they consider hostile because of the presence of enemies, etc.

It is always best to start off a Mk 3 Trader empty of commercial cargo as it may think it has no cargospace for deals otherwise.

UTs almost by definition do not require a homebase and they restock on jump energy, Mosquito missiles and drones under Mk 3 Trader rules rather than by going 'home', although allocating one a homebase can make listing them in your property list more convenient.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”