Terran Conflict Pack: How to install bonus packages?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

canuck97

Terran Conflict Pack: How to install bonus packages?

Post by canuck97 » Mon, 28. Dec 20, 11:13

Hello there,

I've just bought the Terran Conflict Pack which consists of a combined installation of Terran War and Albion Prelude (GOG version). I'd like to install the recommended "official" bonus packages for both games. So I've downloaded both bonus packages from the Egosoft-website and installed them. However I'm not sure if the installers work correctly since both ask for the Steam directory of the game. So I've changed the directory to my GOG game directory in both cases. Now I'm not sure if one installers overwrites the other or vice versa. The installers don't seem to check for the correct directory. The Terran Conflict bonus installer seems to aim for the main directory of the game (in this case the Terran Conflict pack). So where should the Albion prelude bonus installer aim to?

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

canuck

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Terran Conflict Pack: How to install bonus packages?

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 28. Dec 20, 13:17

All X3AP content is directed to the 'addon' folder in the main X3TC folder. The installer would need the correct directory path to that folder.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

canuck97

Post by canuck97 » Mon, 28. Dec 20, 20:00

Thanks for this advice. I noticed that the installer creates an addon folder within the existing addon folder if the directory isn't changed manually. So I guess there should only be one addon folder.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 28. Dec 20, 21:47

Yes, the correct path would only add content to the previous addon folder, and not create a new addon folder inside the previous addon folder.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”