None of the X3 titles; reunion, TC and AP are launching

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

wunderb0r

None of the X3 titles; reunion, TC and AP are launching

Post by wunderb0r » Fri, 18. Dec 20, 15:52

Steam version.

win10
amd ryzen 5 3600X 6core
16gb ram

see title

program "launches" briefly with a black screen and pops back to desktop, no crash, error whatsoever. (true for reunion, TC and AP)

Been trying to get this to launch since yesterday, it is getting super frustrating. (no mods, fresh download+isntall)

I know I'm a little late to the party but I still would like to be able to play this.

any help is immensly appreciated.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: None of the X3 titles; reunion, TC and AP are launching

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 18. Dec 20, 17:24

Let Steam verify the installation to make sure everything has been downloaded and installed correctly. Also make sure that the latest DirectX9c and VC++ Redistributable are installed. Steam normally does this before starting a game for the first time. Also ensure that your antivirus software is not by any chance blocking the game start for some reason.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

wunderb0r

Post by wunderb0r » Fri, 18. Dec 20, 18:16

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Fri, 18. Dec 20, 17:24
Let Steam verify the installation to make sure everything has been downloaded and installed correctly. Also make sure that the latest DirectX9c and VC++ Redistributable are installed. Steam normally does this before starting a game for the first time. Also ensure that your antivirus software is not by any chance blocking the game start for some reason.
Did all this, sadly to no avail.

Would love to provide more info, but I dont know how. this has never happend with any game. I dont even know if there's some kind of crash report somewhere?

I tried launching with various different resolution options, but it's always the same, with all the titles.

1-2sec black screen, and then just desktop....

edit.: I verified and re-installed everything multiple times, still no change. I tried launching on both of my monitors.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 18. Dec 20, 19:07

Post a link to a freshly-run DxDiag uploaded to a reputable public fileshare site and linked here (don't worry about Vulkaninfo for X3 as it doesn't use Vulkan) and we'll take a look and maybe see what is going wrong. The DxDiag tells us a bit about your system, codecs and drivers that can throw some light on issues, and also what crashes you are having and maybe why.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”