X3TC freeze - Modded game.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

yarkhs
x4

X3TC freeze - Modded game.

Post by yarkhs » Fri, 31. Jul 20, 00:59

I love this game. Everytime i play, i play for hours until the game becomes unplayable. This time i played 56h until the game started to freeze no matter what i do. My graphic card is updated, i tried LLS, i tried vanilla with the save and the same happened, validated the game in steam, reinstalled the game and the mods and the problem still persist. I searched a lot for solutions before posting this.

Dxdiag: https://pastebin.com/LnGd5ANk

Mods: http://prntscr.com/trgaoe

X02.sav: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kb7agqmo04qzxt7/X02.sav?dl=0
This is the save that freezes.

X03.sav: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7a4ufui7bzedjws/X03.sav?dl=0
This save is before the freeze happens. I can move freely, but everytime i send my orca to Omicron to build a station or i go to Mars, Circle of Labor, Omicron Lyrae and Elysium of Light the game freeze.

The game was working great until the point i made one orca, filled with fighters, send them to Omicro Lyrae and tried to follow the Terran Conflict plot where i need do dock in Mars. The game freeze after less than 5 mins playing and the sound enter in an eternal loop. One of my processor cores go to 100% and the memory used in game is always 1,2 gb.

One bug is expected when playing without mods. The message 7074 appears every second. After some search, i found this is related to Salvage Command suite being missed.

Any ideas of what to do? I dont want to start a new game and lose 56h of progression. And if not, what can i do to avoid this problem in the next save?

Edit: The freeze occurred without the use of SETA. The SETA just accelerated the freeze.

Edit2: I made a new save and the same is happening. But i noticed this happens when i have more than 15 ships.
Last edited by yarkhs on Fri, 31. Jul 20, 19:41, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: X3TC freeze loop sound

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 31. Jul 20, 11:45

Trying a vanilla game with your save is of no value as the mod assets, scripts and edits are still embedded in that save. If you could replicate the issue with a fresh start in a completely vanilla game then we could probably help you more.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

yarkhs
x4

Re: X3TC freeze - Modded game.

Post by yarkhs » Fri, 31. Jul 20, 19:50

Ok. I'll try to replicate in a new save without mods. I fear the problem is with salvage claim software or the automated sattelite network. In both saves i had a fleet larger than 15 ships, an orca, one fighter deploying sattelites(automated sattelite network) and some ships claimed and ordered to dock at nearest shipyard (salvage claim software). Its a shame, because i love how these mods works.

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Fri, 31. Jul 20, 20:32

Freezes are normally from mod scripts stuck in infinite loops. The X3 Customizer has a way to turn on infinite loop detection (and failsafe script kill) in the script engine, though there's a little learning curve to using that tool.

yarkhs
x4

Post by yarkhs » Mon, 3. Aug 20, 22:01

SirNukes wrote:
Fri, 31. Jul 20, 20:32
Freezes are normally from mod scripts stuck in infinite loops. The X3 Customizer has a way to turn on infinite loop detection (and failsafe script kill) in the script engine, though there's a little learning curve to using that tool.
Ty for the suggestion. Gave me some hope.

I installed this program and executed following the instructions. But idk if something happpened to the game. I found no report of the program activity. Btw, i uninstalled some mods and made another save to test. I hope this works.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”