Undesirable consequence of the terran plot

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Moige

Undesirable consequence of the terran plot

Post by Moige » Sun, 5. Jul 20, 21:41

I've been playing this one game for about 7 days without counting time saved with SETA.
I did part of the terran plot early on (I don't have saves that predates it), and have been steadily building a fleet of traders.
After dying in the middle of Light Of Heart while SETA/AFK, loading to see what was up, getting absolutely JUMPED by the argon military with no provocation, and a little bit of investigation, I found out that the Military base in M148 that turns red during the Terran Plot has a laser tower, one that specifically targeted my trader ships, who subsequently deployed their drones, escalating the fight with the local patrols and overall tanking my reputation with the argons in a matter of minutes (to the point that going in M148 before sh*t starts going down and temporizing with the police does nothing to help).

I don't remember ever having this issue in previous games.
Is that military base not supposed to turn back to friendly at some point?

There's no pilot in the turret I could ask to stop shooting my moronic traders and the base doesn't possess any other ships, so I can't calm it down.
Destroying the turret is also a no-go; every cop nearby turns red and makes a beeline for me, even with my maxed out reputation.
I believe it will also get rebuilt over time.
I'd rather not use the universal editor.
What are my options here besides starting all over again or grounding my traders indefinitely ?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Undesirable consequence of the terran plot

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 5. Jul 20, 23:04

Even if stations change red to blue, their laser towers never do and have to be 'removed' by other means.

You could try the no-rep-loss missile trick. Launch enough homing missiles at the hostile laser tower to be sure to survive and kill it - but from a fair range. Now jump away the ship that launched the missiles *before any missiles hit* (this is why you need the range and time). Do not jump out of sector yourself or else all the missiles in flight will miss.

Because there is no launch ship in sector when the damage is done, there is no further rep loss and no angry police.

Do not use retargetting missiles unless you potentially want other targets hostile to you to receive damage as well.

This is actually more a gameplay query for the X Trilogy Universe forum than for Tech Sp though. :wink:
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Moige

Re: Undesirable consequence of the terran plot

Post by Moige » Sun, 5. Jul 20, 23:39

TYAL

-I'm not sure I can move this post myself, or I just don't know how.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”