Register second hand copy of x3tc/ap - Resolved.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

J.M.

Register second hand copy of x3tc/ap - Resolved.

Post by J.M. » Sun, 28. Jun 20, 12:54

Finally thought I ought to have a go a AP after years of TC, so I bought a second hand (was advertised as new :evil: ) hard copy of the AP war pack discs (because I hate steam for various reasons). On starting the installation process, it wants me to register my game with steam before I install anything, but when I try to register the game it says that the code is already in use and to contact someone on here.
Could someone help me with this? I hope its not frowned upon to try and register a second hand copy, but I really find steam tedious at best and like to mod a lot which is a PITA with steam in my experience.
Thanks.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Register second hand copy of x3tc/ap

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 28. Jun 20, 13:02

X3AP disk-based version is still a Steam game (from a bundle or pack) and you will have to register it with them to complete, update and play it. Unless the previous owners contact Steam to state that the bundle or pack is wiped from their system and also somehow enable a transfer of that game/pack serial (and even then you would have to register it again with Steam) then you have most likely been sold a dud.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

J.M.

Re: Register second hand copy of x3tc/ap

Post by J.M. » Sun, 28. Jun 20, 14:28

Thanks for the reply, I've just tried for the 10th time and strangely it worked?? Not sure why it didn't before and now does but thanks for helping any way.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”