The mining script won't mine ice.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

ZosX
x3ap

The mining script won't mine ice.

Post by ZosX » Mon, 9. Mar 20, 13:42

I tried in two sectors with ice asteroids present and as I stepped the script through the debugger its telling me the resource isn't present in the system. I tried with cycrow's mk2 scripts and get the same result. He wrote both scripts so I imagine the bug from the earlier script carried over. Or Ice as a resource is just bugged. So it appears there is no way to automate ice mining which is a real shame since Ice is one of the critical resources needed to save the Terran economy before the God script starts removing stations. As far as I can tell the script looks fine. It just doesn't see any ice despite pulling ice and its corresponding id # from the database. I reselected ice in the script editor so it would match up for sure by selecting the resource again and made sure there was only instance of ice and there was. So it looks like ice itself is just bugged. I don't think enough people tried this to find out on their own.

Can anyone else try this and confirm? I reinstalled X:AP too and its the same result. Using the GOG version here but I don't think there are any differences between releases. It *does* mine Ore and Silicon properly so I'm thinking that it just wasn't tested for ice. In the meantime I just cheated and created two player owned ice mining stations in the asteroid belt. That's one solution but it involves cheating which I swore I wouldn't do on this playthrough outside of some quality of life improvement scripts.

I could look into prospector but I really like the basic mobile mining mk2 script. It gets the job done and repairs your TS ships when their hulls take damage which is inevitable even OOS. Prospector is a way more involved than what I'm really looking for here.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: The mining script won't mine ice.

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 9. Mar 20, 14:48

The vanilla mining scripts cannot break full-size (shown on sector map and can take a mine station) asteroids. The player has to break them first (at least once for mine specific mineral or mine-and-trade commands for mining ships with weapons, and down to smallest possible size for the collect rocks commands). There is no mine specific mineral command for nividium, just the ones for ore, silicon and ice.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”