Vanilla X3AP Betty is silent on some item descriptions

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

fireanddream
xr

Vanilla X3AP Betty is silent on some item descriptions

Post by fireanddream » Mon, 10. Feb 20, 19:19

Game is steam latest version with bonus pack and nothing else. 99% of the voice-over works correctly, but Betty says nothing about the info of Yokohama, Springblossom, fight command software mk i and ii. She has no problem saying the ships' names, but when I go to the info she becomes silent.

I have had 800 hrs in ap if there has never been voice-over for fight command software, you think I would have noticed. Somehow it is a new problem for this playthrough.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Vanilla X3AP Betty is silent on some item descriptions

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 10. Feb 20, 20:06

I confirm the issue for those 4 encyclopedia entries in X3AP but I don't think it is merely the result of new playthrough as my game is very long-playing vanilla right from original release (1,588 hours). The item 'info' text and audio is taken directly from the encyclopedia entries.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Tue, 11. Feb 20, 03:32

Alan Phipps wrote:
Mon, 10. Feb 20, 20:06
I confirm the issue for those 4 encyclopedia entries in X3AP but I don't think it is merely the result of new playthrough as my game is very long-playing vanilla right from original release (1,588 hours). The item 'info' text and audio is taken directly from the encyclopedia entries.
Thank you, but wow, on a completely unrelated note, how is the universe in your game doing? In my last two playthrough I docked an M5 at every single end product factories (missiles, shields, lasers) so that as long as the demand for raw materials are there, the universe won't get turned into a barren shore by GOD.

Do you remember not hearing anything for Springblossom, etc.? Think it would bother me in my last playthrough but somehow I have no memories of it.

Tonight I will try to replace the voice file and the index with one from a mod like XRM, see if the silence is a recent error.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 11. Feb 20, 11:23

It's far from barren of high end products and I didn't have to park ships everywhere either as I used lots of small autotraders to keep local economies and shipbuilding alive - but that's not a discussion for Tech Sp.

IIRC, the Springblossom was a late entry wide-body M6 for X gaming that may even have been originally from a 3rd party community modder. I wouldn't be too surprised if it never made it in time for the voicing for the games. No idea why the fight softwares missed out though.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”