language change problem - Will start a new game to resolve it.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Tunis
x3tc

language change problem - Will start a new game to resolve it.

Post by Tunis » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 21:27

Hello,

i have recently restart playing x3:ap, and after some time i have switch language in steam, all seem to work correctly.
Just that in my save game, it seem that the station name and some ship's name are still in the old language.
I have tried to explore a new sector to see and the station name were not in the new language, and some ships were and some were'nt it seem like that all the thing i have already see will still stay with the old language and only the new thing will have the desired language?

if i start a new game the stations name and ships are in the good language.

somebody know how to resolve that? (i use the X3 AP Universe Colored Map 3.1 mod and some other)

thanks for the help :)

good day

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 23:46

You are probably correct that the text name used for 'named' game objects present in your saves will still be used after a language change because the game does not have to look up the name from the language text files as it would for newly discovered/created objects. It would be just as if you had named them yourself and you did not want the game to change the names back every time you reloaded.

I assume these are all objects that do not belong to you and so you cannot just rename them yourself in the game.

Since you are modded already, you could unpack one of your saves and carefully 'find and replace' all the old names stored in your save into the new version using a suitable text editor. You would have to find and correctly edit every different object type you want changed though and that sounds like a very long and complicated task if your game is well advanced. :(
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Tunis
x3tc

Post by Tunis » Sun, 18. Mar 18, 15:35

thank for the reply

i will just start a new game didn"t event finish the albion plot so not so much loose xD

Good day

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”