When mouse speed exceeds lightspeed.. [Razer DeathAdder mouse user advice thread]

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Musicker
x3tc

When mouse speed exceeds lightspeed.. [Razer DeathAdder mouse user advice thread]

Post by Musicker » Sat, 10. Mar 18, 04:43

Hello folks,

I've been playing the X series since early 2005, when I discovered X3:Reunion. I have so many hours into the games at this point, it's absolutely ridiculous. Recently though, I thought I'd go back to X3:Terran Conflict and play again. (Over 7500 hours logged on steam in this X3 game, just for reference)

I got a new game started after uninstalling and completely deleting my old one, since I had a full game conversion mod installed (X-Tended TC) and when I got in game, I discovered that my mouse speed was off the freakin charts. It was nothing like the speed I had it set to in Windows. I literally moved it a quarter inch, and it went from one side of the screen to the other. The game was completely unplayable.

I got on here, and checked posts, and every mouse complaint was for SLOW mouse speed, not a single one for it being too fast.

Then I realized, I bought a new mouse in the last year. The Razer DeathAdder. So, I checked that control panel, and sure enough, there's a mouse speed setting in there.

So after playing with it, all you need to do when you have this mouse and want to play an X3 game without your mouse bouncing from one side of the screen to the other even if you just nudge it, is set the Razer DeathAdder control panel "Sensitivity Stage up" button on your mouse to the maximum speed while you are still in Windows, before the game is launched. Then, when you get in your X3 game, use the "Sensitivity Stage Down" button on your mouse to set it to the minimum speed. This will get your Razer mouse to a workable sensitivity while you're playing. For me, it's a normal mouse speed, where I move it about 2-3 inches and it crosses the screen. YMMV, depending on how sensitive you like your mouse setting.

Of course when you stop playing and you get back into Windows, it will move like a banana slug trying to crawl through molasses, so you'll need to hit that Sensitivity stage up button a couple times again, to get it working normally.

This though, is how you can still use your Razer DeathAdder mouse to play the X3 games, and still enjoy the experience!

Hopefully this helps someone, somewhere, sometime!
i9-12900K 8P/16 + 8E 3.20GHz
2TB Seagate® FireCuda® 530 Heatsink (PCIe Gen4) NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 7300/6900 MB/s
64GB (32GBx2) DDR5/5600MHz Dual Channel Memory
GeForce RTX™ 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6X

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 10. Mar 18, 14:43

.. and it sounds as if a Razer DeathAdder mouse could be one solution option for those suffering slow generic mouse and driver issues in X games too.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Musicker
x3tc

Post by Musicker » Sat, 10. Mar 18, 18:10

That's for darned sure! I like a relatively speedy mouse cursor, but this was completely over the top. Literally 1/4 inch of movement shot the cursor all the way across the screen!
i9-12900K 8P/16 + 8E 3.20GHz
2TB Seagate® FireCuda® 530 Heatsink (PCIe Gen4) NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 7300/6900 MB/s
64GB (32GBx2) DDR5/5600MHz Dual Channel Memory
GeForce RTX™ 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6X

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”