[X3 AP] Controller stick not recognized

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Asdurgico
x4

[X3 AP] Controller stick not recognized

Post by Asdurgico » Sat, 24. Jun 17, 15:40

Hello everybody,

I recently installed x3ap after a long time of not playing (I even forgot the log in data for this forum).
Everything was going just fine till my controller (trustmaster t1600m) stopped being recognized by the game (last game session same day it was working perfectly).
The device is recognized by windows and working according to other programs.
I'm running the game via steam and altready verified the integrity of the game.

As I'm here already I was wondering if you have a solution for another problem of mine, which is I can't play with both my stick and my throttle (RWCS i think it's called). I can either select one or the other (actually I could, now I cannot select anything).
I found this solution but don't know what he's talking about, unfortunately I had no answer
https://blog.zencoffee.org/2016/07/thru ... n-prelude/

Thanks for your help

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 24. Jun 17, 19:38

If that loss of controller response coincided with a game update then this advice from another recent thread may be relevant:

CBJ wrote: "One suggestion might be that, if you had some kind of joystick profile in your joystick setup, it's might be no longer correctly associated with the game because of the new game EXE."

On the second point, the only suggestion I have is to toggle the in-game 'use throttle' setting from whatever it is set to now and see if that helps. (Unintuitively, selecting in-game 'throttle off' sometimes gets some controller throttles to work.)
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Asdurgico
x4

Post by Asdurgico » Sat, 24. Jun 17, 19:55

No update as far as i know, but steam does that automatically so it might be.

Regarding the Joystick profile do you mean an "internal" one? If that's the case I have none.
I tried to uninstall the game and install it back but nothing changed

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 24. Jun 17, 20:30

Well something will probably have changed either in the game (update or settings), the OS (update or settings) or in the joystick driver (update, settings or profile) to have caused the controller suddenly to stop working.

The problem is in identifying what has been changed between it working and not working. Unfortunately that can only really be done by yourself. Usually, a good antivirus and protection suite will keep a date/time-stamped record of downloads and system changes that might be of some help to you.

At least you now know it is most unlikely to be a gamefiles corruption issue.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Asdurgico
x4

Post by Asdurgico » Sat, 24. Jun 17, 23:12

Yes i was kind of hoping was a common error, thanks for your time ;)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”