X3TC ALWAYS freezes when around Xenon/Terran(new) capitals, *proven vanilla problem*

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

ZosX
x3ap

Re: Re:

Post by ZosX » Fri, 10. May 19, 00:36

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 14. Sep 14, 12:35
We have no real idea what type of game you are playing any more. Did you do a full and clean uninstall as suggested at the end of here to get back to vanilla and then start a fresh game?

You are pretty much the only one having this issue, so it is not the game code inherently doing it. It has to be something to do with your system, set up or game installation.
I know reviving dead threads is frowned upon here, but I'm doing it anyways. I have the exact same problem. And yes I have reinstalled multiple times. I'm almost tempted to splurge on the steam X collection just to see if its just something with my GOG install. Same kinda setup here sorta. I have really only MARS and Bounce installed. Oh and better jumpdrive. I'm about 100% sure its MARS that causes the hard crash but reading this thread makes me wonder if its not just a deeper bug. And yes, always Xenon Q's 95% of the time. I'm currently in Napolitano's Whatever and can't go south because there are three Qs on the other side of the gate. I jumped in my Titan and three times in a row it locked as soon as I activated MARS. It seems to be the fighter drone part of the script or the fighter drones themselves. I'll dump my drones and see if I can replicate it and update this post.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: X3TC ALWAYS freezes when around Xenon/Terran(new) capitals, *proven vanilla problem*

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 10. May 19, 10:46

" .. it locked as soon as I activated MARS."

Yes, well I'm sorry but we cannot really help you here with an issue introduced by a game mod.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Nykortdis
x3ap

Re: X3TC ALWAYS freezes when around Xenon/Terran(new) capitals, *proven vanilla problem*

Post by Nykortdis » Thu, 16. Apr 20, 00:11

I call next with similar issue but no mods. Just Bonus Pack ones. My issue occurs when loading in a sector with a lot of ships fighting. It freezes and sound loops happen, but it does cleae up the moment all of fighting is loaded in.
Relating to previous posters about mods - ANY larger script mod can easily overload the computing system. That is true for a lot of games. Any large scripts and many issues becomes the player's doom of fun. Such it is for Skyrim and Oblivion and possibly here. Just there is a factor that keeps popping up wherever I look - certain scripts are hardcore for scripting engine. Properly executed they run well and do no harm. Even a single error can change that. Skyrim and Oblivion uses Python. I've seen a lot of scripts cause issues with one another and it is generally a confict between the two that causes crashes or freezes. For me here its just my system most likely (5th gen i3, 4GB RAM, Integrated Graphics (powerful however) but for You two it seems like a conflict between Vanilla Coding and the mod scripts. I'd suggest loading just Vanilla or looking for those combined mods that replaces vanilla code fully. Most overhauls of the games have them as well.
* laughs in Sith Lord *

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 16. Apr 20, 13:27

@ Nykortdis: Thanks, but I doubt that the two you are replying to are still following this quite old thread.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”