X³: TC and AP - Mac support thread

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

phantomrock2
x4

Soundtrack File Folder

Post by phantomrock2 » Mon, 16. Sep 13, 00:08

When I looked in this folder to see if I could delete some of the selections I would rather not hear I found out that when I click on them to play there is no sound but something that sounds like a facsimile machine sending a message... :o

Most of them are coming in at about 2 or 3 MB but do not play out like they are that size
[" thank you "]

timon37
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Game Still Running in the Background

Post by timon37 » Wed, 18. Sep 13, 12:09

@phantomrock2

Ohh yeah I completely forgot about that "run in background" bug, need to cleanup my todo list (it's there I just missed it).

Hmm a bit strange about the bonus package, how did you copy it exactly?
Best to extract it into an new folder with a just an X3AP.exe file.

Can you post some screenshots? What's your graphics card?

The soundtrack is actually ogg/vorbis files, just named mp3 due to steam and packaging issues. Try changing the extensions to .ogg, also I'm not sure if iTunes supports ogg/vorbis, so you might need a different music player or a plugin.

phantomrock2
x4

Great!

Post by phantomrock2 » Wed, 18. Sep 13, 12:40

Is it ok if I send the screenshots to your email. Oh as a matter of fact when I copied the files from a PC over to the Mac all did was navigated to the steam folder on PC & found where the bonus package files were... I merely the files & voila!

Also when I'm in commonwealth space I don't have screen/display issues but I jump into Terran space sectors such as the moon, Saturn or Uranus & it's like waiting to exhale lolz. But I like the balancing now. Before this Mac port there were too M3 Cutlass just hanging out in Mars. I don't know if it's because I have a lot of investment in Terran space with factories & what not but when I'm in the core sectors I just brace for it!

Other than this I am so glad egosoft is handling the Mac port now & you have done a magnificent job at porting it over!

Video Card: Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB
[" thank you "]

phantomrock2
x4

A Heads Up On Bonus Pckg Copied

Post by phantomrock2 » Fri, 20. Sep 13, 13:47

I just copied the Bonus Package to the add-on folder on Mac & the game doesn't want to see them. When the previous port was in effect there was a X3AP folder that had the addon folder & I put it in there & it saw them...
[" thank you "]

timon37
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by timon37 » Fri, 20. Sep 13, 15:01

Sure send the screenshots to my email.

Regarding the bonus pack it's probably best if you just give me a week to check what's the status of the steam DLC and enable it for mac.

joe12sol
x3tc

Post by joe12sol » Fri, 20. Sep 13, 21:45

When i finished the main plot and also reached a trade rank of 15, I attempted to restart a new game to obtained the plot of tormented teladi. I was able to only have that plot become unlocked once, that first time. When I restarted my machine the unlocked plots were once again all locked up. Any way to keep these plots unlocked?

phantomrock2
x4

In X3AP 3.1...

Post by phantomrock2 » Sat, 28. Sep 13, 16:27

Did we address the bug of the Troubled Corp plot stopping?
If so, then I am still not getting any messages to show up at SRS.

Sorry ladies & gentlemen but the game keeps crashing, screen goes all black
& I keep running into the strange occurrence of where my keyboard does not respond to any commands at all. Which happens after I have minimized the game & returned to it. :o

Also upon closer observation I see that I have a Tyr with a triplex scanner installed but when I undock from the station it does not show up in my freight list.

Upon re-editing this post the game had just crashed again. I'm not the one to complain but i spent an awful amount of time quitting & re-opening games on the 30th of Sept 2013.
Gee I wish I knew what was going & where to go to stop it from going on because the unexpected crashes are all too much to bear.

Please get the Bonus Pck for us MAC users up because with the previous MAC port before it was brought to Steam I could copy the Bonus Pack scripts & T from a PC & copy into the addon folder on the MAC & the Bonus Pack perks would show up. Now when I do this the game refuses to see what I have done & I have READTEXT or SS_WARE_etc, etc messages everywhere now. :(

6 OCT 2013
In the Build 13 I am still encountering the black screen while in The Moon sector :cry:

10 Oct 2013
Turned down some of the graphics & it's no black screen in The Moon
But the TC plot is still not working
Shady Business I have done
& My Achievements are not registering & now since the game save files are compatible on both platforms I know I have done most of them but they won't unlock. Don't tell me I have to start a whole new game.
:evil:

10 Nov 2013
Used the PC Platform to start all the way over
Blazed through all plots...
Could not get any help with why the TC plot just ground to a halt
Transferred files to MAC & still stuck in Xenon Graveyard
When I had done this plot before with the utmost ease on MAC
If we are not going to make the Bonus Pack available on Steam for MAC then make it so that the game see the .pck & .xml & what not files if we choose to copy over to MAC. Give us a update or something.
Last edited by phantomrock2 on Mon, 11. Nov 13, 02:26, edited 10 times in total.

matt9871
x3ap

Post by matt9871 » Sat, 28. Sep 13, 20:22

A couple issues I've noticed.

On X3TC there is no option for the Suicidal Squid (DID) game start also there is no menu for steam achievements in the game so I assume they don't work.

On X3AP the game says there is a lack of a connection to Steam so I can't choose the DID option.

rgunnyon
x4

Post by rgunnyon » Thu, 3. Oct 13, 19:05

I've run into two issues so far.

1) Galaxy map does not resize properly with F5 key. Window resizes, contents do not.

2) Launching boarding pods causes crash to desktop.
This is in both TC and AP.

I've emailed a save game and a screen shot

qwid
x4

Post by qwid » Fri, 18. Oct 13, 15:53

Any update on installing bonus pack scripts?

joe12sol
x3tc

Post by joe12sol » Sat, 19. Oct 13, 00:51

everything seems working great now. except the boarding pods problem in AP. and word on that?

Dark Stanley
x3tc

Post by Dark Stanley » Sat, 19. Oct 13, 21:17

There is one more bug for me:

My unlocked gamestarts disappear every time I start AP. The only way to re-unlock them is to load a save that meets all prerequisites and keep playing until I gain a new fight-, trade-, or racerank and then save.
As I have already high ranks this is very time-consuming.
Is there any way around this without modding?

qwid
x4

Post by qwid » Sat, 26. Oct 13, 03:48

timon37 wrote: Regarding the bonus pack it's probably best if you just give me a week to check what's the status of the steam DLC and enable it for mac.
Any update on this? Would love to be using bonus pack scripts.

Many thanks for any info.

joe12sol
x3tc

Post by joe12sol » Wed, 6. Nov 13, 21:03

it has been awhile since build 13 went into effect. Any news on issues being worked on? mostly just those last 3 issues we all asked about, boarding pods, unlocked starts and bonus pack. The pods are most important for me.

Scaramander
x3tc

mac support for x3 ap

Post by Scaramander » Wed, 13. Nov 13, 14:54

:roll:I have played x3 since the early x series started. it has been a real experience. recently switched to mac and played tc on pc in uk and mac in usa. now playing AP on mac only.
recently had a problem with my spring blossom being beaten up by my HQ.
posted to VP who have reported to contact egosoft for a fix. Am contemplating purchasing older games and replaying those on the mac, but wonder about the support issues.
how can I get updates/ fixes?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 13. Nov 13, 16:57

VP are no longer updating their port. If you are playing our version then we will issue updates for the Mac version when we do so for the PC, usually at the same time. Support for our version is available right here in this thread.

WingC3
x4

Mac X3AP - PHQ Kills framerate when on screen?

Post by WingC3 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 02:46

Hi all,
Been getting back into AP lately. Finally got my player HQ. I have 15 ships docked there and my Aran floating outside. I find that whenever I have the PHQ on screen my framerate drops staggeringly. Is that normal? Is it improved by having fewer ships docked at the HQ?
My framerate elsewhere is quite smooth.

Thanks in advance....

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 14:51

It is not that normal behaviour, but without any of the info requested here, I really cannot help you further.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

WingC3
x4

additional info

Post by WingC3 » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 21:18

Running on macbook pro 15" mid-2010
Mac OS 10.9. 1st gen core-i7 2.67GHz, 8GB RAM,
Samsung 500GB SSD. Nvidia geforce 330M 512MB

X3:AP (VP) 2.5.1.
1280x720
Nostalgic Argon
Running bonus pack, Its cockpit mod. No other mods

Frame rate everywhere else is 30+

qwid
x4

Post by qwid » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 02:26

How did you install the bonus pack?

EDIT:

Hacked my way through with a CrossOver trial extract. Got it working.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”