X³: TC and AP - Mac support thread

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 7. Apr 15, 09:40

boozehagskibum wrote:Is this not the official support thread then?
Yes, it is. But you didn't posted here in the first place, but in the Scripts and Modding forum instead, from where I moved your topic and merged it with this one.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

boozehagskibum

Post by boozehagskibum » Tue, 7. Apr 15, 10:27

Thought as much
Wonderful, thanks
Looking for responses to my updated query - instead of comprehensible text, it comes up with:

Select Command

1. ReadText2010-1400 [ReadText2011-1400]

And all the other options under custom are the same - lots of guesswork involved in trying to use them
Ideas?

Edit

Stop!!
Fixed it:

For all Mac users who purchased through the App Store and got an update 3.2 recently, the location for the script files is now NOT in the com.vpltd.X3TC-MAS/scripts folder as they will not work. The update has moved the folders for this information into the app itself.

The same goes for the corresponding xml files stored in the com.vpltd.X3TC-MAS/t folder

Instead they need to be placed in the same folders in the app package as follows:

Right click on the X3TC app and select 'show package contents'
Navigate to contents/resources and you will see a 'scripts' folder and a 't' folder

Copy and paste the scripts from the com.vpltd scripts folder into this scripts folder
AND - very important this bit - copy and past all the files form the com.vpltd 't' folder into the respective folder within the app package.

You may have to make one amendment to one of the files you placed into the 't' folder. The file 1000-L044 should have the the line

<t id="1400">Cheat Menu</t>

This is repeated for the page id 2010, 2011 and 2008

If it reads 1300 you will still get a bit of garbled nonsense (the readtext stuff)

Let me know if this works for anyone who has had this issue!

:) :)

buxyboy
x3ap

Games don't work anymore on OS X 10.7

Post by buxyboy » Thu, 30. Apr 15, 22:50

timon37 wrote:@buxyboy

Will fix. Though if you want game-center you'll have to update to 10.8.
30th of April. Still no update on the AppStore….?

phantomrock2
x4

I'm Rebuilding Again

Post by phantomrock2 » Sat, 30. May 15, 08:50

For the NEWEST MAC APP store version what is the path for saved game folder on MAC for both X3AP & TC I know its been moved because when I moved files from PC I do not see the them in my saved games when I load up
& also I am still getting distorted images when starting the game not as bad as before but still enough to scare me

well after poking around here on the other side of International Date Line I found that if you navigate to the respective folders

Users/Your Computer Home Name/Library/Containers/com.vpltd.X3AP-MAS/Data/save

I was able to move my files over from the PC onto the MAC
Why this was not provided for use will forever be a mystery

:evil: & I AM STILL SEEING WEIRD SCREEN DISTORTIONS that arrests the screen and the computer for about 3 to 5 seconds then it releases then it does it again for 3 to 5 seconds before I see the Egosoft presentation & the splash screens I really hope this is not taxing my GPU all the while rendering it unusable in the process I have been through a lot with the Early 2011 MacBook Pro 15in and with Intel HD 3000 chipset. Because when I look in the Mac App Store I find that just all other games do not support this graphic card. I just got it fixed so that it isn't crashing to a black screen after about 2 years fighting & tracking down what it was.
[" thank you "]

Airforce987
x3tc

X3TC Mac won't launch

Post by Airforce987 » Tue, 16. Jun 15, 00:52

Sorry if this has been posted and resolved before, but I couldn't find a (clear) solution in the mac support thread.

Just bought X3TC for mac from steam during their summer sale, but it won't make it past the initial loading screen before it crashes.

Is there a solution with clear instruction to follow?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Specs:
2010 15" MacBook Pro
OSX 10.10.2
2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512 MB

timon37
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by timon37 » Wed, 17. Jun 15, 09:44

@Airforce987 there're a few things to try.
Simplest is just open a terminal/console, run "steam -console", run the game until it crashes, copy & paste the output to pastebin.com (or other such).
You may have to increase the size of the backlog in your terminal, alternatively do "steam -console &> steam.log" this'll create a file "steam.log" just be careful not to overwrite any important files with this.

@app-store users
Sorry for the extremely late update, there have been a few delays.
It should be out by the end of this month.

Airforce987
x3tc

Post by Airforce987 » Fri, 19. Jun 15, 09:35

timon37 wrote:@Airforce987 there're a few things to try.
Simplest is just open a terminal/console, run "steam -console", run the game until it crashes, copy & paste the output to pastebin.com (or other such).
You may have to increase the size of the backlog in your terminal, alternatively do "steam -console &> steam.log" this'll create a file "steam.log" just be careful not to overwrite any important files with this.
Not to be rude, but thats not very helpful. Firstly, I tried doing that on mac's terminal program, but it says that command does not exist. Second, even if I could manage that, how would that help start the game? Its a CTD immediately. It doesn't have any chance to even run the program, I bought the game straight from steam and have all the required specs to run it. Why won't it start? Presumably, this has to be some kind of common problem with an easy or known fix. Is the steam version not up the latest patch? Or something else that cause something like this?

Update: I got a "problem report" generated by my mac after it crashed. Is that something that can help?

timon37
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by timon37 » Fri, 19. Jun 15, 12:03

Ahh sorry, I was somehow thinking of linux when I typed that.
Yes the report can be useful, please click on the report button, and copy the large log that should be there to pastebin.com.

Jalisurr

Script Editor

Post by Jalisurr » Wed, 8. Jul 15, 05:52

Hey, so I see that the script editor not saving custom scripts for the App Store version is a known issue. Any plans to fix this or any workarounds available?

I was really hoping to make some fairly complex scripts, but no point starting on that if I'm just going to lose my progress every time.

I tried making sure that the scripts folder within the app had read and write permissions for everyone, that didn't change anything. I'm given to understand that putting more scripts into the folder does work, so it's just the program fails to actually write scripts to the folder?

Any help or advice is appreciated.

timon37
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Script Editor

Post by timon37 » Wed, 8. Jul 15, 09:26

Jalisurr wrote:Hey, so I see that the script editor not saving custom scripts for the App Store version is a known issue. Any plans to fix this or any workarounds available?
No workarounds afaik, but a fix is coming soon.

phantomrock2
x4

Unresponsive Mac version of game

Post by phantomrock2 » Thu, 23. Jul 15, 11:45

Ok I recently just applied the latest update for MAC & opened it up & once again screen unresponsive

then to make it somewhat worse NONE of the KEYBINDINGS for anything were working & the ship kept firing weapons after exiting the side menus

Just to make sure this is getting to someone there I have sent an email & uploaded a file to dropbox
[" thank you "]

timon37
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by timon37 » Thu, 23. Jul 15, 14:52

Hi,

I need some clarification:
phantomrock2 wrote:opened it up & once again screen unresponsive
What happens exactly step after step after you launch the Application?
When you say something like that what's implied is that the game simply hangs and doesn't work at all, but since you then mention a ship firing I understand that's not the case?
It does take a while for stuff to load/initialize, especially shader compilation is a fairly heavy operation, normally you should see a nice static image during that, but it's possible that there's a bug and the screen is black.
phantomrock2 wrote:then to make it somewhat worse NONE of the KEYBINDINGS for anything were working & the ship kept firing weapons after exiting the side menus
Sounds like the ctrl-key was "stuck", not necessarily physically but sdl or the game simply thought that was the case.
Issues like that most often happen when cmd+tabbing out of the game, switching windows etc. Usually just pressing the offending key two times should "unstick" it.

phantomrock2
x4

Post by phantomrock2 » Tue, 28. Jul 15, 16:11

I uploaded a vid of this happening on dropbox & sent this to your email as well
however

What has been happening is that I open the game before I see ANYTHING else my screen either has some weird distortions or goes black with some colored distorted lines in it then the first splash screen appears then does the aforementioned again then the game saves screen shows

whatever this is it scares the heck out of me

If you need to get to my dropbox just let me know
[" thank you "]

Hakuoki

X-55 Rhino setup in OSX Yosemite

Post by Hakuoki » Mon, 31. Aug 15, 20:11

Hello,

I'm having a really difficult time setting up my X-55 Rhino for use in AP. I don't understand the configuration concept at all: I play Elite:Dangerous a lot and to map controls there you simply select the control type and move or click whatever you want to control it with. I'm sorry about seeming so stupid; but I *REALLY* love this game and want to use it with my X-55 Rhino. I don't understand the external config at all; although it seems that if I could figure it out the in-game config might be useable.

Please help a dumb guy fly in space Very Happy

Haku
2009 Mac Pro
8 core @ 2.25GHZ / 8 GB RAM
GTX 780ti OC 3 GB RAM
X-55 Rhino

toby_p
xr

Post by toby_p » Sat, 3. Oct 15, 17:14

Hi!
I have installed OS X El Capitan (10.11) today and tried out X3:TC. The game itself works fine, but whenever it starts, something weird happens during the first loading screen: the whole game shifts a bit downwards and a black bar appears at the top. It's like one of those bars you have when watching video that doesn't fit your screen. The game stays like this the whole time, so the things at the bottom of the screen are not visible (for example, the writing "LOADING" on the loading screen or the "Quit Game" option in the options menu while in-game).

Some data on my system:
MBP Retina 15" Mid 2014
Intel Iris Pro / NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2GB
X3TC Version 3.2c Build 24 (newest Steam version)
Screen Resolution: 2880x1800

I play the game on resolution 1440x900 because on full resolution, everything becomes really tiny and menus are barely readable.
For testing purposes, I have tried full resolution and the bug does not occur when playing on 2880x1800.
It also did not occur on OS X Yosemite (on any resolution).

Deleted User

Gamma setting

Post by Deleted User » Wed, 21. Oct 15, 15:00

The gamma setting in-game is greyed out and unchangeable, is there a workaround for this?

Mac App Store Version: TC 3.2 (latest)

mitchellt94

Post by mitchellt94 » Sat, 26. Dec 15, 19:57

Alright, so I'm playing on a macintosh, obviously.

(
Late 2012 iMac, built in monitor, no tower
OS X Yosemite
Processor: 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX 1024 MB
)

Yet whenever I play the game, sooner or later the graphics of the game will simply glitch out. Space becomes one big black thing with random text and images floating around in the background. Black bars, or really bars of any variation of color, on a few things, and entire skins replaced with various random images (usually background space related).

Usually happens anywhere from 10-30 minutes of playing time. I should also note that this problem only happened after I installed AP, I played TC for hours before installing AP and this problem hadn't happened before. Now when I try and play TC, that too has the same problem now.

I've already tried verifiing the game cache and uninstalling/reinstalling. I play on Steam.

So, any helpful advice for me, so that I can fix this issue and actually play the game?

maccer

Audio settings + keybinding problems on MBP/Retina w. AP/Steam

Post by maccer » Thu, 11. Feb 16, 11:45

Hello dear support,

I have two problems and I hope that you might be of help :-)

First, my specs: X3TC:AP, bought on Steam. With Bonus Package installed. MBP Retina 2013, 16 GB, i7, with nVidia GeForce GT 750M (2GB).

1. The game keeps on losing my audio settings. Whenever I start the game, the music is on its default value. Changing it to 0 is possible, but this settings is lost once I restart the game. Is there a configuration file where I could set it fix?

2. I need to figure out how to change the sector view axis (for station placement). From tutorials I know that the INSERT key should do the trick - but there is none on the MBP. Can this key be remapped? [solved, found it]

Thank you very much
kind regards
Mario

P.S. I had crashes and glitches, too, but after adjusting some of the video settings, the game went stable (!).

wrock
x3ap

Post by wrock » Mon, 28. Nov 16, 01:39

I've seen a few posts around regarding the sound issues, relating to various codecs. Unfortunately, all of those threads relate to Windows 7 or 10.

I've just done a fresh install of the GoG versions, trying to get back into things (owned the Deliver2Mac versions years ago), and seem to be having the same audio issues mentioned elsewhere (sound effects and music, but no VO)

Is there a fix available for Mac? (OS 10.9.5)

LoganWolf

Post by LoganWolf » Mon, 5. Dec 16, 03:02

So, GOG (where I bought the game) told me there was an update for x3 Terran war pack, and so I did (why, still goes beyond me, when I NEVER update nothing at all...but w/e). Well, after doing that, the AI voices on TC went silent, and that's kind of a bummer, but I'm still binging on it, so I paid no mind to it. But just now all the menus went kaputz on me. I can't see a single menu and had to forcibly quit the game... Is there a way to downgrade? Go back to the version that DID work for me?

This is driving me nuts and I kinda miss the sound of the AI voice now... Everything was perfect until that update...
make sh*t happen.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”