2.7 bugs when using my 2.6 saves

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Gswine
x3ap

2.7 bugs when using my 2.6 saves

Post by Gswine » Thu, 3. Jun 10, 15:40

I have updated to 2.7 with bonus pack 4.1.01. I am not using any mods/scripts other than bonus pack. Game was Tormented Teladi start.

First off when I loaded my 2.6 save after updating I get a message from every CAG and CLS pilot I have for no obvious reason.

Ok so that was not the end of the world but then I find my Final Fury missions have been broken.

I am Lueitenant 31% rank for the FF (only way to gauge how many FF missions I have done). I have been messaged to dock at military base in Argon M148 and have mission guidence activated but when I dock the mission does not kick in.

There also seems to be problems docking in my Hyp. Docking computer (within 4km) only activates auto pilot and when I com to dock I get a cannot at this time. If using a M7M or M3 or similar then no problems docking though no mission start.

I thought that I would try another mission set and started the MIA BalaGi set. First couple of missions were ok then the Ockacrok's minefield mission seems broken. I cannot target any of the mines that spawn.

No destroy mines, no ships jump in, military base stays indestructable.

Also when game is paused there is still audio playing over the speakers. Sort of back ground noise. Not static but ingame background noise.

I have not tried to test/break the 2.7 update these problems were simply right there to be run into and I wonder just how many more are waiting to be found.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.
She was right. Selection B4, His most recent hit, 'Nowhere Nuthin' ****-up,' a sentimental number.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 3. Jun 10, 16:36

Some of this is normal pre-2.7 behaviour too. Whenever a CAG or CLS or UT script was updated (even in X3R), as soon as the update caused the the old script to be terminated they report and/or stop. If they report and carry on, or you restart them, they then use the new script and they should run OK or better from then on.

I don't know why your FF mission hailing has stopped for your M6 or M3 but occasionally being unable to dock and being refused 'at this time' has always happened now and again when there has been a docking queue (not necessarily all from ships in sector either). The patch may have caused a restart on all that station's owned ships and so they are all on their way home from all over before starting off again. You don't tend to get the queues for the capital ship arms which is why the M7M might be less affected.

You never could target the mines in the minefield mission. Just use a well-shielded ship and follow the mission guidance arrows to set them off in turn by proximity.

I have always had background ambience/music on pause as well, but you shouldn't be getting any activity effects (unless just looping from when you paused) as nothing should be going on.

Hope this helps a bit.

Edit: See thread: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=3293003

Gswine
x3ap

Post by Gswine » Fri, 4. Jun 10, 14:28

Thanks for the reply and the link.

I am going to try a reinstall of the game to 2.6 with bonus pack and use a copy of my current save that I made before installing 2.7, then see if the mission activates. If it kicks in I'll save there and update to 2.7.

Hopefully if the mission is still running the rest (of FF) will actvate normally {crosses fingers}

As to the other mission set, I'll have to look at the forum for a guide but thanks for the heads up :)

Gswine
She was right. Selection B4, His most recent hit, 'Nowhere Nuthin' ****-up,' a sentimental number.

Nutbar
xr

Post by Nutbar » Sat, 5. Jun 10, 08:11

I seem to be having problems with 2.6 saves as well. No other mods installed.

1.) with loading new shields into my CAG transport. They don't charge up (ie only hull) no matter how long I wait, until I jumped into the same sector as the ship.

2.) on the Final Fury missions, it seems to not increment. Its constantly making me redo the Destroy Khaak sector 931 mission over and over again, doesn't matter if I complete the mission or fail it.

Nutbar
xr

Post by Nutbar » Sat, 5. Jun 10, 09:24

Hmm.. played it a bit more, it seems to get back on track with the FF missions once I get to the next rank tho. *shrug*

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Sat, 5. Jun 10, 11:35

Hi everyone,

There is a Final Fury plot issue introduced in 2.7. The mission will stall when it attempts to set up a Defend Station mission in a Kha'ak sector. We have identified the issue and are in the process of fixing it.

There are several missions which can be given to the player at this point. If you reload a savegame before you are called back to Base, there is a chance that the next mission will be different and progress.

We apologise for this issue,
Owen
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

AusSkiller
x3tc

Post by AusSkiller » Sat, 5. Jun 10, 13:23

Crap, that means that the only thing I can do now are the OFF missions since every time I get called back I'll be having to check if it's the one that causes problems or not, and the only way to check is to start that mission :(

I've already had to lose 2 days of play to return to a state before I'd been called back, and don't really want to waste time on loading over and over to get the right mission.

Is there any ETA on when a patch will be made available?

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Sat, 5. Jun 10, 14:44

We don't do ETAs on patch releases. Obviously, we want this issue solved as quickly as possible.

Users are not forced to revert to a past savegame. You can leave the Final Fury plot until the next update, which will force the mission to proceed if it is stuck.

If it makes anyone feel better, I wanted to do the Final Fury plot this weekend :(
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

AusSkiller
x3tc

Post by AusSkiller » Sat, 5. Jun 10, 15:16

Xenon_Slayer wrote:We don't do ETAs on patch releases. Obviously, we want this issue solved as quickly as possible.
Fair enough.
Xenon_Slayer wrote:Users are not forced to revert to a past savegame. You can leave the Final Fury plot until the next update, which will force the mission to proceed if it is stuck.
And that bit of info is probably better than an ETA anyway :D. I was worried that if it was stuck I'd still have to reload an old save anyway after a fix. But now I can just ignore the OFF missions till it's fixed, it's not likely that I'll run out of stuff to do before then anyway, I'm ~260 hours in and still finding new stuff to do and more stuff to learn :)

Thanks a heap, and keep up the good work :)

Gswine
x3ap

Post by Gswine » Sat, 5. Jun 10, 18:16

Xenon_Slayer wrote:Hi everyone,

There is a Final Fury plot issue introduced in 2.7. The mission will stall when it attempts to set up a Defend Station mission in a Kha'ak sector. We have identified the issue and are in the process of fixing it.

There are several missions which can be given to the player at this point. If you reload a savegame before you are called back to Base, there is a chance that the next mission will be different and progress.

We apologise for this issue,
Owen
Thanks for the post. I just wanted to say that an update released by Egosoft is a welcome addition to an X game.

I certainly won't be put off by this (small) inconvenience.

Gswine

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Mon, 7. Jun 10, 17:23

oops who has a 40 hour game with no saves b4 the final fury mission call back :( :evil:

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Mon, 7. Jun 10, 17:31

is there any ways around this if you dont have a save like moi? edit the mission script? a mod 2 skip missions? + what are the chances of being able to carry on from a save during the mission with the fix installed?

kgkosio
x4

Post by kgkosio » Tue, 8. Jun 10, 02:27

Xenon_Slayer wrote:
Users are not forced to revert to a past savegame. You can leave the Final Fury plot until the next update, which will force the mission to proceed if it is stuck.

:(
As stated, just leave the Final Fury plot until the patch arrives.
Fan of the save game manager by badger
Best Steam DiD death: Fly into a TL repeatatly while repairing it

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Tue, 8. Jun 10, 18:03

kgkosio

thanks for the reply, as it happens im guna need 2 start a new game because of a mod update so ill just do the other plots first walst i wait for a fix mabye. possibly ill do the hub with one trnasporter and no seta lol

Fspiders
x3tc

Post by Fspiders » Tue, 8. Jun 10, 19:19

Glad I found this thread.. I can now stop ripping what little hair I have left out!

Hopefully this will be sorted soon.

Regards.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 12. Jun 10, 10:59

:roll: Just reached this...

Looks like I'm off to do the Terran Plot, but one question, when it gets fixed will it be fixed from the current position, ie will you just refresh the mission? Or will I have to go back to before the bug if I ever want to continue?
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

kgkosio
x4

Post by kgkosio » Sat, 12. Jun 10, 20:43

My impression is it will be fixed from the current position.
Fan of the save game manager by badger
Best Steam DiD death: Fly into a TL repeatatly while repairing it

Ozkar
x3tc

Post by Ozkar » Sat, 10. Jul 10, 21:07

I too have this problem. I thought it started by me taking a commonwealth sector clearout mission, which halfway thru I found an assassination mission with 5x the payout and took it. Of course leaving sector ends the mission. When I returned I got the defend outpost mission and then it went back to return to base. Glad to hear that once again EgoSoft is on it, not that I should have doubted one bit :D
Give me a mamba or give me death!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 10. Jul 10, 21:32

@ Ozkar: That issue has been fixed in Hotfix 2.7.1. Have you not downloaded and installed it yet?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”