Sorry, search function disabled due to extreme server load

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DurAlvar
x3

Post by DurAlvar » Mon, 7. Nov 05, 06:42

Dude, its been discussed, the server is laggy enough without a search function eating tons of processing power. No, they dont need a new webserver, the forums will slow down in a month or so as the more casual X gamers who just picked up X3 disapear, then things will be back to normal. And the fact is that they hav already tested it - egosoft didnt cut the search function just to spite you, they did it because with all the new users and extra traffic, the server was slowing do unacceptable levels, thus they cut the search function.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Mon, 7. Nov 05, 14:12

CBJ wrote:Repeat posts do not create anything like the server load of running searches. If you don't like reading repeat posts, there is an easy answer: don't click on them.
See thats just not fair how did I know was a repeat I did click search and oh I notice I could not find any other related posts.

And for using search engine you can't really without getting a html mod cuz of the dymestic php. Theres one out for VB witch is anazing not sure if theres a php one. Basicly makes it so search engines read every page and put on the net to a static url.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 7. Nov 05, 14:40

Kane Hart wrote:See thats just not fair how did I know was a repeat I did click search and oh I notice I could not find any other related posts.
Eh? That post was already in this thread before you made your post and has nothing to do with yours. And if you read it carefully you will see that it did not make any criticism of people making a repeat post anyway.

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Mon, 7. Nov 05, 15:13

CBJ wrote:
Kane Hart wrote:See thats just not fair how did I know was a repeat I did click search and oh I notice I could not find any other related posts.
Eh? That post was already in this thread before you made your post and has nothing to do with yours. And if you read it carefully you will see that it did not make any criticism of people making a repeat post anyway.
Bah your right sorry :cry: I re read it and your saying you rather have repated posts rather then have search on cuz it does not cause as much lag :(

Return to “Off Topic English”