Catalyst 4.10 out

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Sat, 16. Oct 04, 17:51

I spent some time with the asteroids in a few sectors this morning and did not notice any flickering. If anything, the graphics are improved.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Mon, 18. Oct 04, 12:23

Think of the asteroid flickering as swarms of spaceflies buzzing across the surface. They all go and hide when you get up close. :D

X-Warrior B AS
Moderator (Nederlands)
Moderator (Nederlands)
x3tc

Post by X-Warrior B AS » Mon, 18. Oct 04, 20:37

Alright... more comments on 4.10:

- X2 worked great, just like before. Maybe some fps increase, but I didn't really nothing notice any visual improvements on my top end system. They say about 4-6% fps increase, I'll take their word for that.

- Then played Enemy Territory. After a few minutes it would consistently crash. Reinstalling 4.8 (happened to have the file on my harddisk) solved the issue. Redownloading another package and installing 4.10 from there resulted in the same crash.

- Windows Media Player screwed up a .wmp video file (though wmp classic did do it right). After reinstalling 4.9 I noticed it worked properly again, so this too, was due to the 4.10 driver.

- The number (didn't check if all actually exist)... 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, 4.5, 4.6, 4.7, 4.8, 4.9,.... and after 4.9 comes ? 4.10!! Uhm... I think you get my point.

Who knows what other bugs it contains...

It's a no for me this one. I only hope future drivers will be better, or 4.9 is the last I'll be installing until my next pc/gpu.

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Mon, 18. Oct 04, 20:45

And that constant crashing during ET the other night left me in the lurch too!
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

The_Last_Prince

Post by The_Last_Prince » Tue, 19. Oct 04, 11:08

The 4.1,4.2,4.3,....4.10 thing bugged me to.... until somebody explained it to me:

It's like this: year.month

in example: 4.10

get it?

About the ET thing... I think I read somewhere that it has something to do with punkbuster being turned on... try turning it off (if you can live without it). I'll check if I can find a fix
Are you ready to witness a power not seen for thousands of years?

The_Tigers_Eye
x3tc

Post by The_Tigers_Eye » Tue, 19. Oct 04, 11:50

I downloaded the 'large' version that had everything, removed all previous drivers(all traces) cleaned the system... anyway, installed it, restarted and hey presto nothing... The Control Centre would not open, the 'run time' tests would not, well, run. I re-downloaded again (almost 50Mb a time) and the same thing... :evil:

so, I had to get the lighter version of just the drivers and the control panel and I have had no problems *yet. I am just glad hat I have kept a spare copy of my previous drives handy, coincidently 4.8, so if it does go belly up...

I wanna go back to Nvidia!

2verb
x2

Post by 2verb » Tue, 19. Oct 04, 15:06

I am having trouble with my catalyst recently. I was switching from stretch mode and could not get the Wizard to start. I got back to signle screen and didn't think about it anymore.

Now with the wizard caput, I can't get back to stretch and my dual monitor X days are over.

DL'd the latest hydravision before realizing that was not it. DL'd the latest catalyst control center package. Nada.

The only thing I get is an error pop-up when I try to start the Wizard from the start menu.

X-Warrior B AS
Moderator (Nederlands)
Moderator (Nederlands)
x3tc

Post by X-Warrior B AS » Tue, 19. Oct 04, 20:08

The_Tigers_Eye wrote:I downloaded the 'large' version that had everything, removed all previous drivers(all traces) cleaned the system... anyway, installed it, restarted and hey presto nothing... The Control Centre would not open, the 'run time' tests would not, well, run. I re-downloaded again (almost 50Mb a time) and the same thing... :evil:

so, I had to get the lighter version of just the drivers and the control panel and I have had no problems *yet. I am just glad hat I have kept a spare copy of my previous drives handy, coincidently 4.8, so if it does go belly up...
Yes, I had about the same problem... ATI control centre didn't work. However, I do get the impression that some of their software is only for pure ATI built cards, not 3rd party cards with ATI chips.

Return to “Off Topic English”